cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

2021 Challenge located here: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge 🏆

It's time for a new decade, and a new Project Pan!

Before we dive into the details, I want to thank each and every one of you for joining me in another year of panning.  I cannot believe that this thread marks the 4th year of this challenge and how much it has grown over the years.  It's been a joy to witness so many of you participate and encourage others along the way.  For those of you thinking, "there's no way I can do that," think again!  We've all said that at one time or another, and some of the biggest skeptics have grown to take panning by storm.  Thank you all for your never ending inspiration 😘. Cheers to a new decade 🥂-Elle

Image result for hello 2020

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

RE: Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Thank you @itsfi ! My skin is pretty much back to clear now and I don’t see any long lasting acne marks. This is why I’m grateful for travel size skincare so I can try things out and make sure this doesn’t happen again

Re: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Hello fellow panners!  I'm LONG overdue for an update, which I"ll plan to share in the next few days.

Hope you all are well 😘😘

Progress on a few things! I started a RONB early May which has been going well but sadly I have also stopped wearing makeup most days except for lip balm/lipstick. 

I have finally finished the akar lip balm that came in my allure beauty box, definitely a hate pan for me - melts very easily/wet in pan, goes on too slippery, smells and TASTES weird. Do not recommend and so glad to be done. 

The DS Fresh balm is going fast, this + 1 other color  is the last balm I have in this project pan and I like them both. Made some progress on the Tatcha lipstick too and it's grown on me a bit - I said it was no good at the start of this project but I've found ways to work with out. 1 - by filling in my lips with my DS Bite 022 lip liner then topping with this makes a beautiful color and looks even, and 2 - on bare lips it will look nice, sheer, and plump, if my lips are super moisturized and there are zero dry flakes. 

IMG_6882.jpg

You’re doing great on your project pans @xcicee! 👍🏼 I love that you’ve found a way to make the Tatcha lipstick work! ♥️

@xcicee Kudos to you for finishing the lip balm! I probably would have destashed it. Glad you found a way to make the Tatcha work! Those Fresh balms sure do go fast.

Project Pan Check In (as of 6.1.2020😞 Here’s what things look like going into June.Here’s what things look like going into June.

I gave myself a pat on the back in May for making a lot of good progress on these three beauties: Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish has been a nice one all around mask for my pimples, my pores and any texture issues I've had from wearing a mask outside or in public places. Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum has come in handy and I'm rediscovering my hair's love for it. NCLA Vitamin E Infused Cuticle Oil has been great for my nails when I remember to use it and actually use it consistently. By the looks of it, if I keep to my schedule of 3 times per week, should easily be finished this week. I focus more on pore care / detoxifying masks in the spring/summer months and that meant more regular use of the Origins mask. As the weather warms up, this will see even more increased use. Rediscovering how well the Kerastase hair treatment can work for me.I focus more on pore care / detoxifying masks in the spring/summer months and that meant more regular use of the Origins mask. As the weather warms up, this will see even more increased use. Rediscovering how well the Kerastase hair treatment can work for me.

I hit pan on two more eyeshadows in my Natasha Denona Biba Eyeshadow Palette! Woohoo! 🙌🏼 I also spent some time finding combinations of the matte and metallic shades. 😍 I’ll slow down a bit on the shadows this month; my allergies are acting up and my eyes are feeling it the most. 😔 Mixing a metallic shade with some of the warmer mattes has been good for making a shadow more wearable for me.Mixing a metallic shade with some of the warmer mattes has been good for making a shadow more wearable for me.Tarte Paaarty Blush is my “I think I can, I think I can” product! 😉 After months of neglect, I started spending more time with the Tarte Blush and, if you look really close and squint, you can see visible progress with the blush. I can see it, at least. Or, that's what I tell myself. LOL. 😆 I'm not sure June will see similar progress though, but stay tuned...6.1.2020 Tarte .jpeg

Very impressed with your Biba progress, @itsfi! That's a very pretty palette, the bottom row is speaking to me. Sculpture is gorgeous ❤️ 

Thank you @eshoe. 😀 The bottom row of shadows is very nice, neutral to cooler tones. I haven’t used Sculpture or Spot yet, but if the other shadows are an indicator, the  colors will be nicely pigmented and apply very smoothly and easily. Good wear time on these as well. 

Ah well the more I examine it, @itsfi, the more I believe I would use it. Thank you for sharing:)

Very impressive @itsfi Bravo on hitting pan on Natasha Denona palette 🎉🥰

Thank you @blackkitty2014! It's been great having the palette in my daily routine. 🙂 I surprised myself by hitting pan on more than just one shadow. 

RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Just a few things for May, but continuing to make progress on Project Pan is one of those little things that has helped maintain a sense of normalcy for me. Hugs, prayers, and strength to all our Sephora family in the places most affected by the events of this past week 🤝💖 May 2020 Empties: -destashed: I Dew Care Plush Party Buttery Vitamin C Lip Mask 12 g/0.42 oz (the expiration date isn’t until April 2022 but something has changed and the last 5+ times I’ve used this it’s dried my lips to the point that they spend a few days peeling and it’s gross—I even reset my lips for a week using only my trusty lip balm and it happened after one use) -Verb Ghost Oil 17 ml/0.57 fl oz -Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pineapple Enzyme 237 ml/8 fl oz -Yes To Superblueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes 30 count -OLEHENRIKSEN Face the Truth Gel Cleanser 30 ml/1 fl oz

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

@KeriCherryDee does the OH have a scent similar to the Truth Serum?

@eshoe it does have fragrance to it that is a generic orange/citrus scent but I really never paid much attention to it; I think it’s very similar to the serum but I don’t really recall that one either

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Nice work @KeriCherryDee! I was just reading some raves about that lip mask and thought about putting it on my list but I’m thinking otherwise after hearing about your experience with it. 😱 I’m so sorry that happened to your lips. Glad to hear they are better but that must have been awful to go through. So sorry. 

@itsfi thank you, it was certainly an annoyance but no lasting damage. I’ve had success with Bite Beauty and Laneige so I’m sticking with them!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Absolutely @KeriCherryDee! Go with what you know! 😃

I got a little a head of myself in March. I had like I dunno 7 or more perfume mists/body sprays I was going to work on. That was too many and even after 2 months there didn't look like much progress. So I decided to just work on the first three in line instead. But I only started that about a week ago. Hopefully you can see the progress lines, I couldn't find my black marker.

May Pan Project.jpg

@Samtian, good idea to pare down the mists and body sprays to pan. These look like a great choices - you have variety to choose from but not so much that it gets overwhelming. You’re making good progress too! What’s the last one, with the purple lid?

@itsfi Thank you! I found more after I started the original pan haha oh well just keep em all lined up, then I can finally start on my perfumes. So the purple one is Pink Beach Flower it says Purple Magnolia & Palm Leaves. I got it for $6 probably last year. And I can honestly say it is one of the top two favorites I have. 

@Samtian, the description for the Pink Beach Flower scent sounds amazing! 😍

359 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos189
  • December 2019
  • I am going to join for 2020 these are my products. I also have a lot of perfume samples I want to use up.
  • Snapseed.jpg
  • 80962039_490329748286306_3239451337519267840_n.jpg
  • 20200102_233040.jpg
testing