cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

2021 Challenge located here: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge 🏆

It's time for a new decade, and a new Project Pan!

Before we dive into the details, I want to thank each and every one of you for joining me in another year of panning.  I cannot believe that this thread marks the 4th year of this challenge and how much it has grown over the years.  It's been a joy to witness so many of you participate and encourage others along the way.  For those of you thinking, "there's no way I can do that," think again!  We've all said that at one time or another, and some of the biggest skeptics have grown to take panning by storm.  Thank you all for your never ending inspiration 😘. Cheers to a new decade 🥂-Elle

Image result for hello 2020

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

@Kaylabr Good luck on your goal!

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Goals for 2020: ten lipsticks and three 3.4-4.0 oz fragrances! Panning these ten lipsticks will catch me up to the six I acquired in 2019 (all were free samples given to me from my sister’s subscription boxes), and I’ve come to the realization I may never have to actually buy lipstick until I’m in my 30s at this rate. The three fragrances are two Pure Romance body mists and a full-size Sì Passione by Giorgio Armani that I received free from Influenster. I like all of them, I’d just rather switch to smaller rollerball fragrances so I can have portability and more variety. I’m pretty good when it comes to skin, hair, and bath/body products (low-buy, one in and one or two out policy). Nail polish has historically been an issue for me ( I want ALL THE COLORS) but I received the six-piece Sephora Color Hit Mini holiday set for Christmas as well as two others so I’m good on nail polish until I have two or three of those done, and then I’ll let myself have a color if I want. I’ve also been shopping my sister’s stash and she has nail polish she doesn’t wear but I’ll use, as well as some unused lipsticks. So again I’m set for those products until I’m in my 30s most likely 😂 my lipstick pan picks are as follows: 2016/2017 Lip Products (6): Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Legendary 1.3 g/0.04 oz Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Safe Word 1.3 g/0.04 oz Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Screen Queen 1.3 g/0.04 oz Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Primrose 1.3 g/0.04 oz Tarte Lippie Lingerie in Revealed 1.75 g/0.06 oz Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Color in Devotion 2.75 g/0.09 oz 2018 Lip Products (4): Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai 1.55 g/0.05 oz Kat Von D Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick in Double Dare 1.0 g/0.035 oz Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color in Babe 2.25 g/0.07 oz Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Amulet 3.25 ml/0.11 oz

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Don’t get me started on nail polish @KeriCherryDee !  I’m the absolute worst at using them but also have the problem of wanting them all 🤦🏾‍♀️

My makeup project pan for 2020. The most difficult is the ABH Subculture because it’s so pigmented that I have to use a light hand but I’m hoping to pan at least one shade. Also trying to pan the cream products before they go bad. Lipsticks and skincare I can plan quickly every 3 months or so.  

* Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Setting Powder Medium Deep

* Becca Be a Light face palette

* ABH Subculture

* RMS BEAUTY - Luminizer X Quad Highlighter Palette

* Ilia Summer Face Palette

* TARTE - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

* HOURGLASS - Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint

* Colourpop SSS in Wattles

* RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation

Woah, awesome progress on that face palette @RNGesusPls! It’s cool to see people getting so much use out of them.

Looks like you've got some already started @RNGesusPls! I'm excited to see more pan as the year progresses. Good luck!

Thanks @ShortErica can't wait to see your pans too (and everyone else's)! Especially the blushes like paaarty 😮 that one's tough

You have very nice pans going already! 

First pic - shadows to pan completely this year while working on themall year (if need be) Second pic - shadows to give a lot of love to thisyear! Each of these will be in a monthly rotation to ensure they getthatlove lol Third pic - items to work on and hopefully pan/finish this year Fourth pic - items I’ve been working on in 2019 that made it into the new year but mustn’t go beyond this year all these items will be panned or decluttered this year. Fifth pic - January or junkchallenge! All ofthese items will be panned or decluttered by theend ofJanuary which is the formula i think I’ll use to finish up items a few a month that I’m challenged to finish and focus! Well happy panning and new year can’t wait to see progress pics!

First a little update from 2019 projects and where they are today... I finished the 2 duos from sephora and certainly reached a lot more for subculture even though I haven’t hit pan (you need such a light hand with this palette anyway). I made a lot of progress in TF white choc chip however I want to be done w this palette (even though I wouldn’t be as far along if I didn’t drop and competed pulverize the black sparkle shade). Now I’m ready to refocus on some new projects with a larger range of items that must go this year 🙌🏻

You did great @SAlyFitz !

Thanks!💕

80962039_490329748286306_3239451337519267840_n.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone!

Its crazy that its already 2020 and time for a new project pan.

This year I decided to work through some long term items as well as work out as many minis as I possibly can. I will do a rolling pan and aim to hit goal on 20 items by the end of the year.

Heres my line up:

Stellar brilliant primer -use up

Tarte rainforest of the sea foundation N15- use up

Cover FX yellow corrector- use up

Jouer high coverage concealer chiffon- use up

Fenty match stix trio- use up

Farsali jelly beam rose goals- use up

Milk blur+set powder- use up

Nomad kiss of sun bronzer mini- use up

Nomad kiss of sun highlighter mini- use up

Dome beauty blush english rose- use up

Essence micro brow pencil 03& 02- use up

Rodial black liner- use up

Essence black liner- use up

The estee edit lip liner- use up because this brand doesn't exist anymore so this is old!

Marc jacobs liquid lip crayons 310& 360 minis- use up

Kaja blush stamp 03 bossy- use up

Bourjois lipstick #13- use up

Medusa's makeup lipstick sugar daddy- use up

Manna kadar lip crayon J'adore- use up

Too faced sweet peach palette- hit pan on at least half the palette 

Good luck to everyone panning! 

@PaulinaAP how's the finish on the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea? And what do you use to apply it? Thanks!

Its more of a natural skin like finish with a touch of glow and i usually use my SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Diffuser Brush #64 and go over everything with a beauty sponge to melt it into my skin. I quite like it but it does have a shorter shelf life so i want to use it up while its still good. I will be buying the correct shade for me once summer comes.

Fenty Beauty - Killawatt highlighter duo in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. August 2019➡️, November 2019➡️, and now in January 2020. I’m determined to finish it by mid February💪🏻

You’ve made great progress on this @samkeaysxo 

Hoping to start off the new year with some panning projects @ElleElleG. Here’s what I’m aiming to work on in 2020! 😃
Snapseed.jpg

Project: Natasha Denona Biba Palette

Time: through 2020. This is my long term project for the year.

Goal: To wear eyeshadow more regularly  than I have been, and to pan at least one, maybe 2 or more, of these beautiful shadows.

Project: Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence

Time: 3-4 months (March/April)

Goal: It’s been a while since I’ve incorporated a first treatment essence in my skincare routine and this one could use some attention. I’m hoping to finish the bottle and see if this is a dupe for the Missha First Treatment Essence.

Project: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Paaarty

Time: 6 months (June)

Goal: To get into habit of using blush again on a more regular basis; and to see how I like this color/formula.

Project: belif Body Bomba - Ylang Ylang

Time: 3-4 months (March / April)

Goal: I’ve had this bottle for a while now. I like the scent and consistency but this keeps getting passed over. I have a little more than half the bottle left and want to finish it up. Hoping that putting this into the rotation and part of project pan will get it some use.

Project: The Face Shop Natural Eco Sun Baby Mild Sunscreen Cushion

Time: 3 months (by March 30)

Goal: To test out an SPF product for reapplying throughout the day

I'm still putting thought into it...I would like to just...

I'm still putting thought into it...I would like to just USE my stash so I'm thinking rotating by brand/month. I did the 100 shades of eyeshadow last year, I made it up to 60 something? & that really opened my eyes (ha!) to what palettes I gravitate toward...but there's a few things that I want to pan/get rid of so we'll see @itsfi

Just scrolling & reading...got to these wonderfully organized thoughts...went back up to read the writer...oh. That makes sense. You make my OCD very happy @itsfi 😆

Aww @sonnydee! 🤗 You’re so kind! I also have a post it on my Biba palette that reads “use me!!” as a gentle reminder. Hahaha! 😂 Are you thinking about panning in 2020?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos189
  • December 2019
  • I am going to join for 2020 these are my products. I also have a lot of perfume samples I want to use up.
  • Snapseed.jpg
  • 80962039_490329748286306_3239451337519267840_n.jpg
  • 20200102_233040.jpg
testing