Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

I'm impressed @cianni! I believe I've tracked my usage and maybe have worn it ~50 times. Maybe that's an overestimate though and feel nowhere close to pan. I'll have to check my actual count and let you know. I bet it's satisfying yet sad to hit pan on blush. Hopefully I'll find out one day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I may or may not be considered a โ€œheavy handedโ€ blush user ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @ShortErica that could be a factor LOL

That's especially funny for someone who didn't love blush until this challenge @cianni - thanks for the laugh! ๐Ÿคฃ

@cianni - I finally refound where we were talking about Paaarty! I have ~110 uses on it and still no pan. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Wow I underestimated my usage. Why was I so tempted to get a backup in a GWP bag when I won't finish the 1st until I have grandkids..okay that's a bit of an exaggeration..but still! Can't wait to see your continued progress on it. ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

STOKED that I emptied two deluxe hair products and finished a full size lipstick!! I got to the point that my Lip was scraping on the tube any time I applied it, so even though thereโ€™s a bit of product left in the tube itโ€™s annoying to keep going with it. Iโ€™ve got 12 Lip Products now that I would like to have mostly finished by the end of this year to keep on track! March 2019 Empties: -Garnier Fructis Nourishing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask 100 ml/3.4 fl oz -Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm foil 0.50 g/0.018 oz -Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast 95 ml/84 g/3.0 oz -Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993 3.25 fl oz/0.11 oz -Bumble and bumble Bb. Thickening Dryspun Texture Spray 25 ml/17 g/0.6 oz -Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Warm Vanilla Sugar 226 g/8 oz -Tribute Equine Nutrition promo lip balm 4.32 g

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Wow great job on the lippie @KeriCherryDee 

Nice job @KeriCherryDee! Lip products seem to last forever so getting through a full size is amazing.

RE: Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Thanks @ShortErica ! Iโ€™ve got the same Bite Glacรฉ pencil as you still waiting itโ€™s turn eventually, Iโ€™m looking forward to getting to it!

@KeriCherryDee yesssss full sized lip products are SO satisfying to finish, and hair products in general take forever. Get it girl!!

RE: Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

@cianni thank you so much!!

Happy to have made some progress!! 

Destashing the YSL since it broke and is far too challenging to use now. This is my third nyx and it leaked, again! Never buying it again. 

I really hope Iโ€™ll finish the tarte liner by the end of April! 

F90024D8-9AC1-4EED-8FEE-4B40BD438F8D.jpeg

49FEF2D5-0D81-4F97-AD5C-30445809024A.jpeg

86112A96-4537-452B-8E02-F773355B97D5.jpeg

07628A45-4943-4A5C-84B7-DDD701EE4E37.jpeg

01BA2C0F-C89D-4F8B-8EDB-6304B2D90D0A.jpeg

93EFCB37-F8FB-4111-B4C9-FDB9E2EE1910.jpeg

You're doing great @pinyo! Thanks for the pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚

@pinyo such great progress! Love that KVD shade ๐Ÿ˜

@pinyo Awesome job!

Best,

Rebecca

The rotating pan for my blushes is now into April.

Thanks @GG84  for helping me choose Authentic for January, @cianni for suggesting Skillful for February, and @eshoe for selecting Angelic for March.

A little detail about the shades I have:

Spoiler

Blush Update 2019-03.PNG

Tarte holiday blush bazaar top circle (at 12 o'clock) then rotating clockwise:

-Highlight - Whimsical - X Not Included X

-Angelic (peachy pink) โ€“ X March X

-Fortunate (pink melon)

-Skillful (pink berry) โ€“ X February X

-Exhilarating (fuschia)

Second circle (at 1 o'clock) then rotating clockwise:

-Endless (pink raspberry)

-Dainty (melon)

-Extraordinary (shimmering coral)

-Highlight - Worthy - X Not Included X

-Authentic (plummy rose) - X January X

-Tarte blush - Paaarty (nude)

-Bare Minerals Secret (mauve)

Before & After no flash picture

Spoiler
BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

Before & After with flash picture

Spoiler
BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

In the pan this shade looks quite brown especially compared to its description. I tried it earlier and fell in love with how natural it looked on my cheeks. So when eshoe suggested it as a possibility for March I quickly agreed. Iโ€™ve used the BareMinerals soft focus face brush and the pair work amazingly together. I believe the soft focus brush also makes me use more product but it still seems like I've not made much of a dent (though in comparison to other shades you can tell this one has been loved).

Iโ€™m thinking of trying to pan Biteโ€™s Glace next month so maybe I should find a blush that compliments it. Any April suggestions?

@ShortErica the one to the right of the January one may work with glacรฉ! Iโ€™ve almost panned mine (I think it has one or two more uses tops before I have to start digging in the tube). It pulled a lot more brown-muted mauve on me than I thought it would, so the melon/coral tones may not play as well with it๐Ÿค”

@cianni when I originally wore it, it was quite brown on me but when I tried it again this year it leaned more pink. So I have no idea. I'm hoping it still leans pink because the brownish quality just didn't look right on me..not bad but not me. I'll have to see how it goes. I'm thinking it's time to bring in those melon/corals in May! ๐Ÿ˜

I'm seeing some use in those pans @ShortErica !!  What about the blush that's above the one you used for February (I cant read the name, sorry)?

I know, I wish the names were more legible in the picture too @ElleElleG. I think that's exhilarating which is a brighter pink. It would probably go well with glace. ๐Ÿ™‚

So I had some bad times with my lips in February and basically had a month to not wear anything on my lips beside balm. This is my progress for the first 3 months of the year on my lip product goals:20190327_205859.jpg

Due to the photo angle, you can't see the second line on the Sephora lip. I haven't touched the KVD so there's nothing to show.

Based on how much I wore things, I think I still stand a chance. I definitely know the Bite Glace will go bye bye. Maybe I should focus on it in April, thoughts?

Okay so March is nearing its end and iโ€™ve completed enough of my challenge to want to switch up my goals.  I didnโ€™t even touch the too faced primer.  I made progress on the sugarpill eyeshadow but am ready to switch it out for something else.  The eyeshadow pens got used in my waterline and I didnโ€™t need a lot to achieve the looks I was going for so they donโ€™t look any different.  I may declutter the Laura Mercier caviar stick as itโ€™s too dark for my tastes and Iโ€™d prefer to use an actual eyeliner.  B9E821B7-87F3-40C4-A7E0-B1C6069D4AE1.jpeg

Just gathering my products for April

B43FD8BF-2677-4DB8-A86F-BF237BFEB5DB.jpeg

801 Replies
Photos463
  • Lorac Mega Pro 3
  • ABH Master Palette by Mario
  • ABH Modern Renaissance
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Tarte Tartelette