Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@CynthieLu I saw that at Ulta recently and it intrigued me.  I wish it was in an airtight bottle, tho.  So, it's a pass for me given the price.  Shame.

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh good point.  I've had a few C products oxidize on me in the past which was disappointing.  I wonder how stable their vitamin C isโ€ฆ 

@Anonymous7

I knoooo the trial sizes I had were in cute little tubes, it's so true. I wish companies took surveys on bottles and improvements. There is so much room for improvement, why stick with a flawed design. Droppers the don't reach the bottom, faulty pumps, etc..

@CynthieLu  As much as I enjoy the process of using droppers I agree, itโ€™s impossible to get all the product out without a mini spatula.  At least the bottle is opaque.  

mine was the olaplex no 9! the first time I tried it, i immediately bought the full size!

@malgal10  Olaplex is awesome!  I donโ€™t use it nearly as much as I used to but it saved my hair during an extended bleaching adventure:) 

I love Olaplex no.9 tooo @malgal10 I'm on my second bottle ๐Ÿ˜‹ that stuff is so good!

it's amazing!! 

Doesn't it make your day when you find something you love, @malgal10 ! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

94A206FE-3A0C-42BF-A2CE-2786FD977BD2.jpeg

I picked up a sample size of Moroccanoil Hand Cream Fragrance Originale using some points. It was a bit of an impulse buy as I was paying for something else and didnโ€™t realize it was scented, which doesnโ€™t always play nicely with eczema. I tried some on my hands andโ€ฆ Yeah! Love at first sample! My hands feel smooth and moisturized, and it smells pleasant and fresh. I keep it in my bag and use it when Iโ€™m at work or on the go. Now Iโ€™m debating if I should replace my current hand cream at home with this or just pick up a mini to keep in my bag again. 

@JoSometimes   I love how convenient it is that the oil is IN the hand lotion!   I usually add a few drops of oil to my lotions as I apply to make them more soothingly effective.  Iโ€™m glad it didnโ€™t cause any flare ups:) 

@heartsmyface Itโ€™s a nice lotion for sure! I spent a few more points to get a second sample size but I think theyโ€™ve removed it as one of the options now. 

@JoSometimes I just used up a mini of this myself!  It honestly wasn't my absolute fav but I did appreciate that it didn't feel greasy.

Out of curiosity, whatโ€™s your go to hand cream @CookieGirl1?

@JoSometimes you know, I don't have a specific one.  I've tried several that I like but TBH I'm really bad about using hand creams ๐Ÿ™„

That's great to know, @JoSometimes !  I have been wondering just how good this hand cream is.  I have extremely dry and cracked hands and serious issues with fragrance.

@Titian06  Add a few drops of oil to your unscented hand creams;). 

@heartsmyface - Thanks!  That is so obvious, but not something that ever entered my mind!  You're so smart! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@Titian06 When I first tried it, I was ready to run to the washroom so I could wash it off if my hands became irritated but they were completely fine!

I don't think I fully appreciated the original version of the serum when I first tried it @heartsmyface. But I remember enjoying the benefits of the serum. The reformulated version is even better than I remember the original being, or, it could be that I'm older now, making the results of the serum more meaningful and noticeable. And what are the results?

Hydrated, radiant, firm & plumpy skin. 
.2023 Dior Le Serum.jpg

@itsfi maybe or they could have improved on the formulaโ€ฆthough I did recently revisit the CT Magic cream which I used to find too heavy and have been immensely enjoying it, so aging moisture thirsty skin may be a factor;>

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg