Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

My intro to NEST New York Sunlit Yuzu & Neroli Candle wasn't a true sample in the sense it wasn't a foil or gwp promo size of the candle @heartsmyface. It was the mini 2.0 oz version of the scent. The cold throw had me super excited to light it and it did not disappoint when I did. The mix of yuzu, orange and a sweet honeyed floral which I'm assuming is the neroli is lovely - spring sunshine and florals is how I'd describe this one. It's a beauty for spring and summer.

Love @ 1st sample - Nest Yuzu Wellness.jpg

Purchased a full size during the sale. This is part of the Nest Wellness line - I've tried all but the charcoal candle from that collection and really enjoy all of them - if I'm remembering right, you're a fan of the brand's Himalayan Salt & Rosewater scent, yes? I saw they have a candle duo with that one and this Sunlit Yuzu & Neroli - on a low buy, but that duo is on my list. We'll see if it is in stock when I'm ready to pick up more candles. 

@itsfi sounds like a real winner, I love citrus scents

@CorgiMommy, thereโ€™s a bright burst of citrus but not too sweet or tart; I think the mix of yuzu and mandarins create a nice balance. I donโ€™t know about the larger candle but as Iโ€™m nearing the end of the smaller size, the citrus scent burns off more quickly. I like the honeyed floral scent but just know thatโ€™s the one that lingers. Still beautiful but less citrusy.

This candle sounds lovely @itsfi ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’› 

@CynthieLu, itโ€™s a pretty citrus floral for the warmer months. 

@itsfi  This scent sounds so wonderful ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Cissy63, Nest did a great job with combining these scents. ๐Ÿ’› Iโ€™ve really enjoyed the candles Iโ€™ve tried from this collection. 

I'm so happy I have something to post on this thread ๐Ÿ˜„

I had a sample of BondiBoost Volume & Texture Hair Styling Cream with Aloe Vera + Rosemary 4.05 oz / 120 ml . I don't know how long it's been in my stash but wow it definitely impressed me. My hair felt soft and manageable and it added a little life and oomph to my flat hair.

It even kept that going a few days after wash day. It reminds me alot of JVN Mini Complete Blowout Styling Milk but without needing as much time with the dryer. I'm a little in love and I think this is going to go into my cart for the upcoming sale. 

@CynthieLu  Wow this really impressed you ๐Ÿ˜.  Has it continued perform so well? 

I picked up a few new hair care items during the sale, including this cream @Cissy63. I am still happy with this one. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I thought the size and price of this were really nice to. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@CynthieLu  Ouhhh i have to check this out!!!  Rosemary is supposed to be good for hair growth.  I love the Bondi Boost heat protectant spray.  

I've been impressed with the samples I've been able too get from Bondiboost @heartsmyface This one was such a nice surprise and pretty affordable too. I did end up putting it on my cart for the upcoming sale. 

Most of my samples have been of tried and true products but recently went through a sample vial of the Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau de Parfum that lead me to purchase a larger size. @heartsmyface 

Floral Street Vanilla Orchid.jpeg

Spoiler

Sweet, floral, creamy and earthy, though the earthiness in this one is not of a dirt bent, but more of a mix of green and woody notes. This is one of the heavier scents in the Floral Street fragrance collection.

I had a sampler set (an older version of the one currently available) that contained a few of their heavier fragrances, including this one. Most of the scents in that set were just too heavy and off-putting for me. On the other hand, thereโ€™s a lightness to this Wild Vanilla Orchid fragrance that works well with my body chemistry and nose, and I feel that is mainly due to the earthy notes here are more green, almost herbaceous, and less musky. The creaminess of the vanilla also adds a lushness to the scent that were not otherwise present with some of the other woody and woodsy scents in the sampler set I had (which was an older version of the discovery set now available).

Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray #Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray 

@itsfi  Did we get this one as gratis a few years ago?  If so I think I gifted it before falling in love.  It could have been another thoughโ€ฆ. I canโ€™t help but feel it was a sunflowery oneโ€ฆ.

@heartsmyface, we were gifted Floral Street Sunflower Pop Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL a few years ago - Holiday 2021! It's what caused me to fall down the Floral Street rabbit hole! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi   Yes that was the one!!  wild vanilla sounds much more appealing.  Iโ€™ve been powering through a Sud Pacifique vanilla lately for its wearability in a food environment. Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco Travel Spray 0.35 oz/ 10.4 mL 

Ooh, that one sounds yummy @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿ˜ I was juuuuust starting to get into vanilla scents when that brand was phasing itself out of Sephora USA. I know, of course that is how the timing would work. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™ve tried the popular vanilla abricot and one, maybe two, other ones. Does the Vanilla Coco lean more vanilla or coco to you?

Farmacy Mini Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  Removed my makeup, SPF and left me skin feeling.soft and ready for my nighttime skin routine.  I am a believer!

@CorgiMommy  I canโ€™t live without some variation of this cleansing balm!  

@heartsmyface me either, I love how clean my skin is after using this 

357 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos23
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg