Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi @I canโ€™t remember if Iโ€™ve tried this but now it seems I have to!

Itโ€™s definitely BIC approved @makeitup305! ๐Ÿ˜Š I love that it can work for my skin all year round. My recollection is that the mini or a smaller sample  size is sometimes available as part of a set, gwp promo or in the rewards bazaar. Itโ€™s also one of those items that is included in an Ulta bag promo with some frequency. 

@itsfi I think Iโ€™ve seen it around but have never been tempted. Now Iโ€™ve got it on my radar ๐Ÿ‘€

@itsfi I love that cleanser!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Itโ€™s so good, @lmaster! I was late to the game with this one but itโ€™s going to be a staple in my skincare stash. 

@itsfi  I have to agree with you.  It is a terrific face wash.  I am on my 2nd tube.   

@Cissy63, ahhh, a repurchased item is a tell tale sign of a loved product.๐Ÿ˜ This one is indeed a good one. ๐Ÿ‘ I first heard of its greatness from @RGbrown on the empties thread and picked up the travel / mini as part of an Ulta gwp promo (before Sephora started carrying the brand). I was a smidge nervous initially because I didn't know if it'd be drying on my skin but it works beautifully. ๐Ÿ’™ Very happy to hear it's a go-to of yours as well!

@itsfi 

Oh yay, I'm glad you love it! I keep trying others, but this is still my fave cleanser I've come across!

That's a great cleanser for dry/sensitive skin @itsfi  *yeahy!*  Got a sample of a few of thier products and that as well as the 24/7 moisture cream were both so lovely ๐Ÿ˜ I like the baby powder scent too, but I can totally get that scent is a big trigger for alot of people's skin concerns.

What exfoliators don't bother your skin if i can ask?

@CynthieLu  Baby powder?  I may be thinking of a different product but I thought it smelled like blueberries.  Candy blueberries.  

@heartsmyface @CynthieLu 

I've seen lots of folks say it has a baby powder scent, but I don't catch that at all. I get some of weird herbal/woody/fruity mix, like not a necessarily pleasant mix of the three, it's a super odd scent that took me a bit to get used to. I love the cleanser so much that I got over it though, but I absolutely cannot stand the matching moisturizer with the same scent, ha!

@RGbrown is like that internet picture,  are the shoes gold or blue?  But with a smell ๐Ÿ˜†

@CynthieLu 

I was wrong on that too, so take all of my guesses with a grain of salt ๐Ÿคฃ

@RGbrown lol ๐Ÿ˜† 

The Tula Cult Classic cleanser reminded so much of old fashioned baby powder smell, but that's just how it hit my nose ๐Ÿ˜… (I am into it by the way ๐Ÿ˜)

If it really is Blueberry I'm laughing so hard at my misjudged notes of smell @heartsmyface but now I'm curious I need someone who has an open bottle at the moment to let me know what they smell ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‚

@CynthieLu  I thought I had this but I think I gave it away to my nephew.  My husband me running around the spare bathrooms looking for it and asked what I was looking for.  I explained I needed to know what I smelled like and were now off to Sephora to see if they have it so I can confirm and not be up all night wondering if I misremembered! Hahaha, perfect excuse for an in store trip!  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Oh no lol  ๐Ÿ˜†  @heartsmyface you man is a keeper for supporting you in this adventure, my guy would just look at me like I was silly ๐Ÿ˜œ  

@CynthieLu  He is!  I love our impromptu adventures!  

392CFCD8-6F1A-4625-BD5C-BDE4B3A32262.jpeg

โ€ƒand the verdict- the cleanser smells powdery. Itโ€™s the blackhead scrub that smells like blueberries!   ๐Ÿ˜„ 

You really have a good man, @heartsmyface, scrolling through I did not expect this to evolve into what it did๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe  Ha it was a silly mission but fun!  Following through on the impulsive ideas we have makes life interesting:) We were amused with ourselves the whole way there and back.  ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I'm so happy my nose isn't broken ๐Ÿคฃ @heartsmyface 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg