Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

I like to stock up on products in case they get re-formulated or discontinued.  The problem is when I happen to stock up on products and then I decide to move onto something else.  So, I have half a dozen Neutrogena cleansers (no one wants them b/c they're not a fancy brand), at least half a dozen John Freida shampoos, at least six Redken flat iron sprays, dozens of L'Oreal mousse (that I haven't stored properly), etc.  

At least the products I've moved away from after stockpiling tend to be the less expensive ones!

@greeneyedgirl107 I get it.  

@greeneyedgirl107

My name is RG and I'm a stockpiler 🙋

I do the same thing. I'm doing my best to work my way through some of it, but it's so hard when you know there's something out there you like better. One of these days I'll learn my lesson. Maybe. 😄

@RGbrown I agree that it's hard to work through products.  Why is it that the products we love go by so fast, and the ones we are just trying to use up take an eternity?  I guess I could force the face washes on co-workers with tween and teen daughters, but then I feel guilty that I'm not giving away the best product.

I tried to give a bottle to one co-worker's daughter, and she sd her daughter pretty much only like the high-end brands.  I had to gasp a little inside.  I mean, there are good and bad products at every price range, and I would have liked to have had more products to experiment with when I was a teen.  But I guess beauty is different now!

@greeneyedgirl107 I have the same problem lol! I used to like Neutrogena face washes and have a stockpile saved up. Not that they were pricey to begin with but when they came out with their value sets the price was too good to pass up. Now I’ve moved on to other brands and there they sit in my closet. 

@Lucki1 Money is money, so I don't want to throw them away.  I should really give them to goodwill.  I know they have food drives, but I wish there were more personal care drives.

@greeneyedgirl107 Women's shelters! They really appreciate that kind of stuff, especially since a lot only normally get people's cast-off hotel samples.

Thanks for the tip, @fieldsofclover @pocketvenus!  I will do that!

Yes, exactly what @fieldsofclover said! Beauty and hygiene products are really in demand at women's shelters and homeless shelters!

For years I held on to a Tarte Blush that I hated because I was afraid I would just repurchase it. Every once in a while that same color would show up on sale and I would add it to my cart and almost buy it. Before finalizing the transaction I would have a moment of clarity and go check to see if I own it already and would be surprised to find that 1) I did 2) I hate that blush! I was afraid that if I decluttered it I wouldn't have any way to remember that I don't like it, and what would stop me from repurchasing? I think I've finally committed the name to memory (Adored) so I finally chucked it a few weeks ago.

this makes me think i need another tab in my spreadsheet for things i don't like because i've done this too many times!

@sparklekai That sounds like a great idea. I do this all the time with skincare... "Hmm that sounds like it would be a great product. Wait. Didn't I try it two years ago and hated it?" And my memory is just not what it used to be! 

@suzyo That's actually really smart. 

@suzyo This is me!!!! I'm forever confusing shades/items I want versus ones I deliberately want to avoid. The names are always just in the back of my head so they're familiar, but good familiar or bad familiar?! Finally, I've taken to writing down notes in Keep on my phone 🙂 

I am an unfaithful beauty addict! I go through phases, where I'll be obsessed with one type of product and then suddenly I'll hop over to something else and completely abandon my prior love. I've gone through a gloss phase, an eyeshadow phase, a lipstick phase, a perfume phase, and now I'm in the grips of a skincare phase. I love all my prior purchases and use them through rotation, but truth be told once I've found my favorite in a category I mainly stick to it and then feel bad about all my other pretties being left by the wayside. I go through cleaning cycles but I find I still have drawers filled with products that will likely languish until I get bored again. Thank goodness I've placed my passion in small and somewhat affordable objects, if I ever move on to bigger ticket items I don't know what I'd do! 😳

omg I go through buying phrases through normally I will g...

omg I go through buying phrases through normally I will get fed up with not finding a new perfect foundation or something and I will hop ri something else. it just keeps repeating over and over. also I find that I realize when I'm in whatever phrase it is that I dont have alot of whatever it is I'm interested in even though I have quite a large makeup collection

I'm obsessed with eyeshadow palettes and will buy them over every other makeup product even though I have so many and the colours aren't much different lol, I'm a sucker for anything limited edition and anything with cute or quirky packaging even if it's not very good lol I also tend to keep items I've bought in their original packaging for a while because I'm so proud of them? lol I admire my makeup collection on the daily like a dragon with her horde lolol it's a problem

I confess that I can't wait for these see through caps to arrive from Amazon Smiley LOL

bite.jpg

I have the ones for MAC and man, they make my life SO much easier!  And they have a good variety of caps, too

this pleases my OCD! 

Now, I have to decide if I file them in alpha order or in color range order Smiley Indifferent decisions! decisions! 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

If I were you I would organize by color because it will be a lot easier when you are getting ready to be able to say “oh yah my corals are over here” rather than my tarte lip paint in Exposed is in the E section because what if you don’t know what the lipstick you are looking for is called you know what I mean?🙃

Thanks for sharing this @ZombieMetroAnt

@ZombieMetroAnt  I love these!!!  I am going to have to break my low-buy for these.

226 Replies
testing