Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Bad breakouts and worse spots! Any recommendations?

Hi, all! First time posting here. I did a bit of searching to see if anyone else had my problem but figured I would just start my own post. I’ve always generally had good luck with my face - small pores, very little acne, and combination skin. However, over the past few months (since about September), my skin has gone OUT OF CONTROL. At least for me. As of late, I’be had really bad breakouts across my right cheek. Sometimes they’re cystic, sometimes they’re not. Occasionally they pop up on my chin/left side but they’re never anywhere as bad as my right. I’be attached photos for reference. My face is just really splotchy right now, with a lot of red acne, red/dark spots, and a fair amount of acne scarring from me picking at everything. I’m gross. I change my sheets weekly and don’t wear makeup (except for maybe once or twice a month). I don’t think my diet has changed drastically and I sleep thesame amount as I always have. My current skincare routine is as follows: AM - Tatcha camellia oil on a Luna 2 (?) - Origins mushroom elixir/toner thing - Philosophy’s Renewal in a Jar - Kate Somerville SPF (if I remember) PM - Tatcha camellia oil on a Luna 2 (?) - Tatcha deep polish on the Luna - Origins mushroom elixir/toner thing - OLEHENRIKSEN retin-alt serum - Philosophy’s Renewal in a Jar OR Origins Drink Up intensive mask as an overnight cream My routine used to be a lot more exfoliating (I used the Caudalie Vinopure toner and Tatcha water cream) but my skin was getting too sensitive and would burn even with the water cream so I switched to the new routines about a month ago. Honestly, I’m pretty bad at knowing what my skin needs and tend to just walk into Sephora and ask for help. Sometimes I leave with great advice and sometimes I don’t - so I’m hoping you guys can help guide me. I’m looking to find out what’s helped you with controlling breakouts, as well as if you have any pigmentation/dark spot treatments (which is why I use the retin-alt). I have not used an acne spot treatment but would love a recommendation for that, as well. I do plan on switching to the Farmacy green clean balm once my Tatcha oil runs out. Thanks so much in advance! I really appreciate it! x

RE: Bad breakouts and worse spots! Any recommendations?

I hate to say it, but one of the products you’re using could be giving you acne or clogging your pores.

Thank you so much! I didn’t see your response originally but this is all really good advice. I actually have Cetaphil at home already for my partner, so I’m going to try using that. The acne has been a bit better lately, but still pretty bad. At one point, I actually tried the UFO and I LOVED how soft it made my skin but it definitely did not seem to be doing anything good for it. Maybe that was one of my big mistakes. I totally wasn’t aware of Philosophy not being great. It was hugely recommended to me by a friend who works as a makeup artist. It helped restore the lost moisture in my skin from all the exfoliates but I’ll perhaps look into something else. I really appreciate all your help!!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
testing