Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

Sounds good to me! @Nozz 

Those two are great relaxing options @Nozz !

Playing catch up, hope y’all don’t mind!

Staying organized and productive 📚
Any plans have to go on my calendar immediately! If it’s not on my calendar it doesn’t exist to me 😂 

Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
I would love to get back into doing at least one mask a week. The older I get the drier my skin gets too 😭 I love love love the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask 

Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
I do most of this while I do my Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask with Prickly Pear Seed Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mL in the shower. Multi tasking at its finest!

Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?)

Only y’all will understand this one lol. Swatching eyeshadows is so relaxing and exciting to me at the same time! Having a hard time bringing myself to swatch the PAT McGRATH LABS Bridgerton MTHRSHP: Diamond of the First Water Eyeshadow Palette though, it’s so beautiful 😍 

@Mcakes  Great list!  Time can really fly when playing with makeup.

@Ispend2much6 It really does! Especially when you get motivated to swatch all your shades of green 😂 

Ooh that sounds like a really relaxing swatch session. I love green! @Mcakes 😍

@Mcakes  a good swatch session is the best! It gives me a boost of serotonin watching all the sparkles and shifts and it also helps me appreciate all the beautiful things I have and that I'm thankful I was able to afford.

@makeitup305 you are my person! It definitely gives me a mood boost and I’m makes me so grateful to be able to have it in my collection.

Granted a spa day is always fun; however, there is something special about my bathtub. I always find myself there when I have the urge or desire to relax and unwind.

I love to workout. Whether at home or at the gym. The intense endorphin release creates instantaneous harmony in my life. Some days I enjoy journaling and binge watching a television show series I’ve never watched, while wearing a face mask.

Other days I find myself playing a video games, which have become the ultimate escapism for me on those days where I want to entertain myself.  

I do like walking, especially with an audiobook.  The book doesn't have to be "calming," just anything that interests me.

My relaxing solo is definitely taking time to do a slow yoga stretch or meditate. I also take a bath every night which is super relaxing!! I definitely try to add self care in every day!

I love to take a nap when I get some solo time during the day while at night once kids are settled down, I either read a book or binge watch something on Netflix.

@fatimamummy  Oh excellent ways to relax. I love to binge watch as well. 

@fatimamummy Oh yes! Naps are so good! 

@Saradestin  IKR? Sleeping is one of my favourite things to do 😂

@fatimamummy Mine as well! 😅

Relaxing solo- I don't do this very often, but making homemade pasta or ravioli.  I love listening to Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett music on while making it.

Oh nice @Ispend2much6 . I love those classic hits. 

@blackkitty2014  See, we really must be twins. 🙂 

Can you imagine if we’re neighbors @Ispend2much6 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014. Yes...we'd be broke and have bigger hips.😂

762 Replies
testing