Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of โ€œself-careโ€ is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but itโ€™s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. ๐Ÿง–โ€โ™€๏ธ Thatโ€™s why weโ€™re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesnโ€™t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But donโ€™t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. ๐Ÿ“ฃ

• Week 1 (1/5 โ€“ 1/11) โ€“ Getting active (โ€ฆand if contouring is your cardio, thatโ€™s cool too!) ๐Ÿ…
  • Week 2 (1/12 โ€“ 1/18) โ€“ Taking care of your hair ๐Ÿ’‡โ€
  • Week 3 (1/19 โ€“ 1/25) โ€“ Improving your sleep routine ๐Ÿ˜ด
  • Week 4 (1/26 โ€“ 2/1) โ€“ Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) ๐Ÿ”ฎ
  • Week 5 (2/2 โ€“ 2/8) โ€“ Staying organized and productive ๐Ÿ“š
  • Week 6 (2/9 โ€“ 2/15) โ€“ Setting a skincare goal for 2022 ๐Ÿ˜š
  • Week 7 (2/16 โ€“ 2/22) โ€“ Meditating and mindset ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿผโ€
  • Week 8 (2/23 โ€“ 3/1) โ€“ Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) ๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿปโ€

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using (if applicable!) using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@faeriegirl  Yay!!!! Canโ€™t wait to see your new do! 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

I REALLY need to get my hair trimmed; my split ends are getting a little out of control, lol.  I'm going to make it a point of finally getting at least the ends taken off sometime this month.

@CookieGirl1  I agree. I need to do that too!!! 

Me too @CookieGirl1 , Iโ€™ve put it off for way too long. 

@CookieGirl1 I'm on that boat too, my hairstylist is out-of-state and I didn't stay long enough last time for my appointment. ๐Ÿ˜• Hoping to making it back next month.

My new self-care hair routine started when I purchased the Olaplex Healthy Hair Essentials and fell in love then I bought Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment, Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL! My hair has hasnt felt this healthy and soft in a LONG time ๐Ÿค

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

This hair color @ashleeeyc ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜

@ashleeeyc  Such great products! I love them! 

My hair and scalp have been very dry and flakey this winter! Iโ€™ve really been loving my amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask for giving my hair an extra boost! I also have been using the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which I got in Fabfitfun but Iโ€™m not really sure how I feel about it 

@Kim888  That amika hair mask is so good!

@Kim888 That amika mask is truly one of my most repurchased products on this site.

This week i'm doing โœจhair masksโœจand using a new shampoo that smells ๐Ÿ˜ฉ ๐Ÿคš๐Ÿผ sooooo good. doing wonders for my mane! < 3

Week 2- spent my money on some Olaplex no. 3-4&5 for my multi texture fine hair, my hair has less flyaways less mess and more curl and volume, my hair has been given a second life and I plan to make this life the best one.

@Bloodlovetears  I agree. I was highlighting my hair for years and I finally went back to my natural colour and my hair feels so good!

Week 2 - Taking Care of Your Hair - I started off today with freshly blow dried hair. I don't blow dry my hair very ofter anymore because of the time it takes and I want to minimize damage. Tomorrow (Day 2) I plan of curling it with a wand and adding some Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo 5.5 oz/ 184 mL . On Day 3 I will end up wearing in a high pony tail with some more dry shampoo if needed. Day 4 I will wear in a bun. On wash day I will put in some scalp oil JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and let air dry naturally (curly). I will wear my hair up for the remainder of the week and finish up with a mask. I am definitely due for a cut. I don't know what kind of cut to get. I always go for something similar to the style. My hair is cut one length at the perimeter and then some layers through out. I want to try out curtain bangs  but dont know if I can pull it off or if i will work with the cut I already have

@Mellmars1185  Canโ€™t wait to see what you end up doing!!! I always completely change my look after a few years!

The living proof dry shampoo is a fave of mine as well @Mellmars1185 !

Week one: got my running back up to 7 miles, and this week I got a pretty fast time considering Iโ€™m coming back to it from the holidays.

Week 2: finally tried out the Wow hair spray that supposedly acts like a Brazilian blowout. While I donโ€™t think it was effective for me, I rarely take the time to dry my hair properly but always feel more confident when I do. 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Whatโ€™s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@TeamBIC Years ago I used to wash my hair everyday. Now I just wash my hair 2 times a week. After changing my hair washing routine, I noticed that my hair wasnโ€™t as dry. I make sure to apply hair oil before I start shampooing and a hair mask twice a week.  

After Iโ€™m done, I apply a leave in styling cream, frizz control oil, and leave in conditioner. Something I have been doing since I was a teenager. 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Whatโ€™s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

I'm new to this and kind of missed the boat on the first week! I wasn't terribly active but did go for a polar bear dip in the ocean, which was very fun and bracing and exactly what I needed, so I'll count it!

For personal self-care, I'm trying to commit to washing my face before bed every day and wearing my night guard. We'll see. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Week 1 (1/5 โ€“ 1/11) โ€“ Getting active

istockphoto-1270011664-612x612.jpeg

Admittedly, I was not very active this week... It was a "travel" week for me despite only being gone for ~1.5 days it really took a lot out of me. It's been freezing up north here so my desire to be outside even for a second more than I have to has been exceptionally low. Currently I am gearing up the courage to take my (small) dogs out for a walk in this insane winter cold front. I will be layering up on several fuzzy jackets and so will my dogs (it's freezing here... don't judge us). To combat the cold on my skin I'm currently doing a small pick me up with my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla , my #Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , the coveted Drunk Elephant Mini Protiniโ„ข Polypeptide Moisturizer 0.50 oz / 15 mL and of course my tried/true Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl - Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Hand Cream For how cold and frigid it is, I'm really going to consider this quick 10-15 minute walk a win on the part of me and the little pooches. Wish us luck!

F93903B1-EBAE-482A-95CC-5F92723DECDD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

2 Replies
testing