Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@AMK721 Oh yes! The water intake challenge! So important!! I have a 1/2 gallon cute bottle to make sure I drink at least that a day. I have to force myself to drink because I rarely feel thirsty. At least I like water and I don’t drink anything else. And aerobics!!! So much fun!! Enjoy! 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@AMK721 I love that! Leg warmers + other workout accessories just make it more fun, right? 😉 and YES to all the hydration!

@TeamBIC Such an awesome challenge!!

For this week, WEEK 1, and every week, my getting active challenge is to walk as fast as I can for 6 miles a day. There are days I cannot do it because of the weather, but, at least, I walk three times a week. I never liked running so this is my way to work my cardio because if I had to run, I know I wouldn’t do it. What I need to introduce in my exercise routine is some sort of yoga to improve my horrible elasticity. 😅

@Saradestin Wow! 6 miles is truly inspirational. Cardio is honestly my downfall, which is why I ended up with calf muscles the size of an actual bull from more power-focused and strength exercises. (LOL!) I've been trying to get back into cardio and I usually do so good in the spring/summer but whenever the winter rolls around I get so uninspired and just want to hibernate from the cold. I might have to get myself out to the gym (at least it's warm in there, right?). 😂

@QueenMarceline Oh yes! Cold and the warm thought of hibernation…. 😊 In my case it is not the cold what makes me feel lazy but the rain. I live in Florida and it doesn’t get too cold here. 😁

@Saradestin Lol, I actually just applied to a couple jobs in Florida (literally yesterday). I need to get out of this snow. 😂

@Saradestin I've been trying to get back out there and run but it's been hard to motivate myself. 6 miles of power-walking is SUCH a workout - good for you!

762 Replies
testing