cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The September Favorites Thread

GeorginaBT September favorites.jpeg

Happy Autumn, BIC! September has come to an end, and it’s time to share our monthly favorites. The Beauty Insider Community wants to know all the hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you’ve been loving recently. We would love all your recommendations, from holy grails that you keep coming back to, or new finds that you’ve been hooked on recently.

Here are my September favorites:

What products were your September faves? Products you’ve been loving from your Summer Bonus haul, perhaps? 😉 Remember to show and tell!

Re: The September Favorites Thread

@GG84 Thanks for sharing! Eeep, these are beautiful. Agree with @Cyncynn on the shimmer. 😉 

@GG84 Thanks for sharing - shimmer is always the right choice.

I use the CT magic cream in the same manner that you are using the bobbi brown moisturizer. Have you ever tried the CT one? I wonder if it has a similar feel.

@Cyncynn I have both and magic cream is heavier than the Bobbi Brown one. Also the Bobbi Brown one has a orange scent to it whereas magic cream doesn’t have a strong scent. Both work great. 

@SportyGirly125 

Mine definitely doesn’t have an orange scent lol is your sniffer working? Is mine? 🤷🏻‍♀️

@GG84 the reason why I like it is because the scent reminded me of an old Korres vitamin e face primer that had the same orange/citrus scent to it.  I opened my jar up again and it does have a citrus scent and it isn’t the first time I have purchased the Bobbi Brown face base before. 

@SportyGirly125  @GG84 

Thank you so much for the input, ladies. I guess I need to find a sample of the BB one 🙂

@Cyncynn I’ve used Magic Cream yes. It has a different texture, it’s less rich I would say with very very little to no fragrance. 

CT was never a repurchase for me because of the heavy fragrance. 

I really like Bobbi Brown skincare. I'm obsessed with the Extra Eye Repair Cream by Bobbi Brown. It's the perfect eye cream to apply under concealer. <333

September loves:

amika Polished Perfection Thermal Straightening Brush 2.0

My hair has wave and volume for days, and when I am on day 3 or 4 I want to tame the wave and give me another day or 2 of wear.  This will not flat iron the cr@p out of my hair, or deal with the volume/fly-aways at my crown, but it does enough that I keep my volume and yet get my hair relatively straight.  This takes me 5 minutes. Flat iron would take me 45 min - 1 hr.  I am not a hair perfectionist, so this does the trick. 

Tarteist pro amazonian clay Palette.  I got over the fact that the colours did not apply as rich (or as colourful) as they looked in the palette and started using it again.  Nice for my muted cool colour-loving self.

PLAYA - New Day Mist 3-in-1 Styler Refresh nice to help tame the hair from its wave in the morning between washes or just tame the fly-aways.  It does have a strong fragrance warning. 

@l8totheparty I am dying to try a straightening brush and from what I've heard, the AMIKA one seems like a great choice. Do you have a favorite heat protectant? On the hunt for a good one!!  

No!  I was using a sample of a Moroccan oil color protect & prevent spray, but that was running low. https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/protect-prevent-spray-P432032?icid2=products grid:p432032:product

I was thinking of trying that one blow dry spray that people were getting in a gratis gift from Sephora- it would probably do double duty for blow drying protection and heat brush.  I'm looking for one without a silicone product in it 😊 @GeorginaBT Screenshot_20191007-153522_Samsung Internet.jpg

@l8totheparty Ahh yes! Drybar Jump Start Quick Dry Blowout Serum 4 oz/ 120 mL is great, I've been using it too; it has really helped me cut down dry time. I'm more looking for a spray I can put on dry hair right before I flat iron it. Now that you mention Moroccan Oil, I see Moroccanoil Perfect Defense Heat Protectant 6 oz/ 225 mL def sounds promising...

Great picks, @l8totheparty! 🙂 I love the Amika straightening brush. I have the mini and it works well to smooth out my fine hair while maintaining the volume. Like you, I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to my hair either and it definitely does the trick for me! 

Best regards,

Laurie 

The Amika straightening brush is the tool I never knew I always needed. @LaurieBT 

RE: The September Favorites Thread

Hi @GeorginaBT. I have been loving Fresh’s Kombucha Essence. I don’t know what it is, but my skin works well with it. I feel like it leaves a natural glow and keeps my skin hydrated. I am hope to be able to use until next September!!

Re: RE: The September Favorites Thread

@6come6 Have not tried this one! I love other Fresh products though, so I'm super intrigued. 🙂 I was just introduced to the world of essence and I'm alllll about it Heart 

I have three faves this months -

1. Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL - I added this to my routine early in the month and have loved how it feels on my skin and makes it look. I’m also one of those weirdos that likes how cannabis smells, so I enjoy the scent as I’m getting ready in the morning. 

2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 3C1 Fawn - The new formula is a nice update from the original. It feels creamier and I think the expanded shade range allowed me to find a better match for my skin. 

3. Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Cakeless Full Coverage Waterproof Liquid Concealer Shade 3 Bring It - For some reason Influenster always sends me a product similar to something I recently bought, I had gotten a tube of Tarte Shape Tape about a month before and this one arrived in my mailbox. But... I honestly like the Benefit better. I’ve used and enjoyed other Benefit concealers in the past, but I think this is the best one I’ve used. It blends really nicely and has a long wear time. Despite how I received it, it’s definitely a good one. 

@alexasteph Love this list! Speaking of Boi-ing, whoa, major throwback to how much I used to love Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Industrial Strength Full Coverage Cream Concealer 4... So many good concealers!! Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Longwear Liquid Concealer 340 is next on my list but I'm super curious about your recommendation - will keep it in mind. 

I spent much of September traveling to sunny and hot places (it was an incredible experience meeting so many of you in Los Angeles!), so the most important item that makes it to multiple monthly favorites lists is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Instant Radiance Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Light/Medium.

Besides that, I'm loving SHISEIDO - Essentialist Eyeshadow Palette - Kotto Street Vintage for its sleek, easy-to-pack packaging and easy-to-apply formula that has just the right amount of pigment for someone like me who goes for more natural looks. 

I picked up MILK MAKEUP - MVPs Set during the Rouge event, and I was so happy to have the mini bronzer for travel. It's been one of my favorite products for months, but the full size version is a little bulky if you're trying to pack minimally with just a small bag of makeup! I also love the cooling stick, especially after being in the sun for a while.

Great faves @txcatx! The holiday sets are amazing this year - that Milk one is lovely. Not only is the mini bronzer good for travel but I find that the size is perf for really precise application. 

96 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • GeorginaBT September favorites.jpeg
  • 0003E242-E39C-4D42-9FA4-C381D329BD1C.jpeg
  • September favorites; forgot to include The Ordinary Rosehip Oil.
  • I didn't realize I had so many lip balms for faves this month. I do love me some lip balms. lol.
  • IMG_9772.jpg
  • Screenshot_20191007-153522_Samsung Internet.jpg
  • September Favorites.jpg
  • 7704E86A-68BF-4892-B3DB-DCFABC35F057.jpeg
testing