cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The September Favorites Thread

GeorginaBT September favorites.jpeg

Happy Autumn, BIC! September has come to an end, and it’s time to share our monthly favorites. The Beauty Insider Community wants to know all the hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you’ve been loving recently. We would love all your recommendations, from holy grails that you keep coming back to, or new finds that you’ve been hooked on recently.

Here are my September favorites:

What products were your September faves? Products you’ve been loving from your Summer Bonus haul, perhaps? 😉 Remember to show and tell!

The September Favorites Thread

I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm usually looking for it. 😏🤷 Faves:

URBAN DECAY - Naked Honey Palette

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment Starwoman

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer Caramel Cutie

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Colorful Face Powders – Blush, Bronze, Highlight, & Contour

Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Blaze

Koyudo Brush (Fu-PA 2)

Not pictured, but still in love with Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer Amber

Re: The September Favorites Thread

@danielledanielle Glad you found the thread! Love these faves, especially Naked Honey - I finally caved in and added it to my collection. No regrets. If you have any looks you want to share using the palette please do! Or any combo recommendations - I'm looking for some inspo 😉 

A few ultra favourites this month!

Skin- I’ve been loving on Caudalie products, and have really noticed a difference in the brightness and texture of my skin! CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum and CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbethave been my go-tos. 

hair - KéRASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum. I received this as a gratis, but only used it a few times as my mom “borrowed” it and I haven’t seen it since... I repurchased one for me and her using the friends and family code I was surprised with this morning. This is pure magic if you want thicker and all around healthier/softer/more

voluminous hair.

body - I believe a while ago I saw that @itsfi recommenced the SEPHORA COLLECTION Dry Revive: Dry Body Brush. I picked one up and have been loving it. I’m also extra liking the fact that i don’t have to keep buying scrubs go achieve similar effects (less products, less packaging, happier wallet!)

makeup - BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact Highlight 01, NARS Blush Torrid, BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Daytime Vegan Lip Balm  in my switch from summer to fall makeup, I like to go for a brighter and glowier look, and these definitely help me achieve that! The matte baked radiance compact is in 01 highlight 

I pulled out that LM highlight today and had forgotten how much I like it! It’s such a beautiful glow that doesn’t look like a giant glitter streak on your face @cianni 

@cianni Too relatable on mom "borrowing" your Kerastase... Heart I've been using CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum and have been loving it too! I've been using the CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Overnight Cream but am interested in the Moisturizing Sorbet for daytime use... thanks for the rec! 

@GeorginaBT Definitely give the moisturizer a try! My skin is combo and sensitive and it’s been the perfect weight for this slightly cooler but also weirdly unpredictable weather! It layers really nicely with my SPF too which is super important 

You have a great list of products! NARS blushes are like lifetime favorites for me. No matter how many blushes I try, the NARS ones are the best. My favorite shades are Dolce Vita and Lovejoy. <333

@PenelopeBT Ohhh I’ll have to try those shades! I don’t think I have anything even close to lovejoy in my collection 🤔

Whew, can't believe September is already over! It doesn't feel like fall is here, at least weather wise. Don't have many favs for September since it's been a busy summer, but been really enjoying the stuff I did get.

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Moisturizer & Primer with Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid 1.7 oz/... - I like this better on my dry skin than the Too Faced Hangover Primer. It's a bit more moisturizing and foundation goes on smoother, but the real reason I like it more is that it blurs my pores/skin slightly which I've never found in a hydrating primer. It's been great for no-makeup days.

PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation Medium Deep 25 - Yeahhh, I think this is my new HG everyday foundation. This foundation reminds me of the Fenty's 1st foundation where people seemed to either love it or hate it. I personally didn't like it, but I luv the PMG. Definitely light coverage and very lightweight on the skin. It just seems to even and blur my skin so naturally and w/ minimal coverage. Love it w/ my Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter.

@gymgirl2 Also waiting on the weather to feel more like fall! Love these faves - I would love to try more Bobbi Brown skin products. 

September Favorites.jpg

Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but I had so many favorite products last month it was hard to choose 😄

However, the products I could not stop using however were these:

SK-II - GenOptics Aura Essence Serum: I've been using this for about 2 months and I love how much brighter my complexion looks and I feel like it has really helped out with some of my acne scars. 

Tatcha The Satin Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mL: I wish I could bathe in this mist lol. I have oily skin so it's always hard to find products that help me achieve a natural look and not too matte or cakey and this mist sets my makeup beautifully and naturally. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 94 Cherry Moon: I forgot I had this cream lipstick for a while and recently rediscovered it and let me tell you I could not put it down! 

SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask: My go-to! I use this day and night, as an under eye cream, a moisturizer, and the days my skin needs extra TLC I use a thicker layer as a face mask. 

PAT MCGRATH LABS - MatteTrance™ Lipstick - Christy: The perfect formula, shade, and lasts all day long!!!!

Artist Couture Diamond Luxe Luminizer Pressed Highlighter Sexposé: I've been doing the makeup no makeup look and using this highlighter to give me a natural glow. It's beautiful and easy to use but can also build it up if you're going for a more glam look. 

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold: I found this mini Touche Eclat primer in my makeup collection and fell in love with it all over again! I like applying Summer Friday's Jet lag mask and then this blur primer on top for a natural and pore-less finish. 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 445: I could not put this foundation down all month long. I usually don't like matte finish foundations but I like that this foundation was a very soft matte and my oily skin loves it. 

Love these faves @BrendaBT!! Really need to jump on the SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask train to amazing skin.

Hi @BrendaBT,

I have been wanting to try the Artist Couture Diamond Luxe Luminizer Pressed Highlighter Sexposé! Love hearing that it is buildable 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I absolutely love the YSL Blur Primer. I always use it for special occasions when I know I'm going to be photographed. I have combo skin that can get oily and this primer doesn't make me oily, either which I love. <333

I didn't have many new favorites this month as i've been using kind of the same stuff over and over. But! Here is what I loved that I haven't mentioned mentioned before.

IMG_9772.jpg

Spoiler
Alterna spray makes my hair so shiny and soft. Replica Lazy Sunday Morning has been my everyday fragrance as of late. Smells like fancy laundry. BECCA primer makes my skin look so awake and glowy.

Ooh I need to try that rapid repair spray out! I love the Caviar shampoo and conditioner.

@GeorginaBT last month my skin turned really dry from being in the hospital for 4 days. To help get my skin back on track these are the things that are helping

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixir

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

L'OCCITANE - Shea Butter Foot Cream

I love the fresh rose deep hydration cream @SportyGirly125  so hydrating!

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital - hope you're doing ok! 🙂

@elise222 I was in the hospital because I had my baby.  I’m slowly still recovering from a c-section. 

96 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • GeorginaBT September favorites.jpeg
  • 0003E242-E39C-4D42-9FA4-C381D329BD1C.jpeg
  • September favorites; forgot to include The Ordinary Rosehip Oil.
  • I didn't realize I had so many lip balms for faves this month. I do love me some lip balms. lol.
  • IMG_9772.jpg
  • Screenshot_20191007-153522_Samsung Internet.jpg
  • September Favorites.jpg
  • 7704E86A-68BF-4892-B3DB-DCFABC35F057.jpeg
testing