cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means … it’s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Anonymous Insider

Re: The August Favorites Thread

How does the new Jo Malone scent smell? It sounds so interesting but I don't have a Sephora nearby that carries the line so I'm a little nervous about purchasing it without trying it out.

@fieldsofclover 

@Anonymous I didn't know what to make of it at first, but it's really grown on me as I use up my samples. For whatever reason, my nose doesn't pick up much of the blackcurrant, and the barley note is strong to me, so I get a very toasty, harvest-y vibe from it. I layered it with Wood Sage & Sea Salt, and I like that combo enough to probably buy the smaller bottle and make it an autumn thing.

So, I dunno... if you're already a Jo fan, and more into fruity than flowery, it's worth a blind buy. Otherwise, it's probably worth trying to track down a sample first.

Anonymous Insider

Oooh that combination sounds like a really nice autumnal scent @fieldsofclover. I do like Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I'll try to see about getting a sample and seeing how it wears. Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. 

RE: The August Favorites Thread

Not all new products, but new-ish to me: Essence Lash Princess Waterproof, Tarte Busy Gal Brows (in Taupe), The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mLand The INKEY List Rosehip Nourishing Night Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL(currently trying the Bakuchiol, jury is still out), KORA ORGANICS - Crystal Luminizer - Clear Quartz, and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick Suede(in Amber).

Re: RE: The August Favorites Thread

@tastelikewater Just purchased the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Trio Medium 200 and I am looooooving them. Bamboo is the perfect shade to use as concealer (I wear 210 in Fenty), and I find Mocha is a great contour color for my skin tone.

How do you like to apply Amber? I've been using Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Full-Bodied Foundation Brush 110 to blend Mocha in, but looking for other methods to try as well~ 

@tastelikewater,

Great picks! The Fenty Beauty Matte Skinstick in "Amber" is my go-to for contour. I also love using the shade "Walnut" as a cream eyeshadow. They are so versatile! 

Best regards,

Laurie 

@LaurieBT Seriously, where has this been all my life! I didn't think contouring was for me, but with this stick it's so simple and looks natural. 

@tastelikewater  i love that mascara! i am generally so impressed by essence products, and they're so cheap!

@unfungirl It definitely holds up to my high-end mascaras! My one complaint is that it's a little *too* waterproof. I have to use my Clinique cleansing oil and Bioderma Sensibio to get it off, and still I might wake up with some leftover flakes on my face. 

@tastelikewater right? i've tried a few of the essence mascaras and they are all quite impressive! i do agree it can be difficult to remove- i use the farmacy green clean cleansing balm before micellar water or cleaning wipes and it works quite well! i have super oily lids so finding something that doesn't smudge is worth the removal process 🙂

That mascara bottle is too cute.

August 💕’s, it’s been a good month!C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg

Spoiler

@eshoe I love kosas! The skin tint and lipstick are so nice!

How is the watermelon mist? I love glow recipe but I feel like most face mists don’t do much for me.

This is my first foray into Kosas @unfungirl, I’m curious to check out more of their products as I *try* to be more conscious of ingredients. 

The mist is refreshing and is truly Jolly Rancher-scented like the mask and moisturizer. Not sure that it does anything for my skin, it is just yummy😄 

My testing of the Herbivore bakuchiol is still ongoing, but I bought one in the sale as well. @eshoe 

The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

I got this in August and found myself reaching for it every morning that my eyes looked puffy due to salt intake or sleep.

Having only tried one or two makeup wipes before this within the last half year, I found myself reaching for the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes

in bamboo in the mornings.  This was gratis from Sephora.  I didn't know how to fit them into my life at first, but found myself reaching for them many mornings I didn't have to work, just to freshen up my face from the skincare I wore overnight.  They smell so bamboo fresh!  I only used the smooth side, not the rough side.

Natasha Denona Mini Lila Eyeshadow Palette 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8 g

The gold colour (2nd from right side).  This was the perfect gold colour for my skin tone for the summer.  Every time I wore makeup in August included this colour.

I LOVE the Lila palette @l8totheparty! I’ve been lazy and sweeping the matte golden shade across my lids, the shimmery gold in the middle and a bit of liner and mascara and that’s it lots of days this summer. It’s such a great deal, too!

I’d love to just pump my skin full of salt @l8totheparty lol.  I can’t keep plumpness in my face even if I ate a whole jar of olives.  It is interesting though because one of my friends is the complete opposite and I’m going to suggest this cream to her.  👍

It's cheap enough to try. @2manyperfumes 

🧂😹

My face is full of plumpness 😄 I wish this caffeine worked full-body lol

@2manyperfumes 

201 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing