cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means … it’s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The August Favorites Thread

Great idea

@howconnie 

I almost feel like this may have been one of the greatest "light bulb" moments in my life 😂 I don't remember now what prompted me to pull up Lowe's site to see what they had, but I was thrilled to find such a cheap and easy option...I couldn't not give it a go, and I'm so happy I tried it!

@RGbrown Wow, I didn't know these existed or were so convenient!  A couple years ago I moved to a place with hard water and wasn't sure if it was worth putting in some kind of water softener ... so glad to know about this other option!  Thanks for sharing 🙂

@drrragon 

I was thrilled to find a budget solution, and even more thrilled when it exceeded my expectations. I hope it works for you as well!

I'm impressed that it's made such a difference, @RGbrown.  I guess shower filters haven't ever really been on my radar.

@CookieGirl1 

I was surprised myself! I really didn't expect much, but it has made a world of difference. My hair is back to "so silky it slides right out of my rubber bands" (which is frustrating some days, but still totally worth it lol).

@RGbrown @CookieGirl1 @ShortErica the shower head with a good filter makes a world of difference. I’m doing without after changing the good one out and my hair is feeling the pain 😂 

@eshoe @RGbrown I'm actually totally glad that you brought these to my attention!  Where I live we actually have pretty nice water but I have a family member who's been complaining recently about the hard water that they have in their new house and how it's really hard on everyone's hair and the water leaves a really bad residue on the shower doors, etc.  It was so ironic that you just posted about this because I hadn't ever really given it much thought but when I mentioned the filters as we were talking he admitted that he really hadn't even thought about installing just a shower head filter either; they'd considered trying to do a whole home filtration system but that's obviously super-expensive so he was actually going to check out Amazon and see what was available and he was sounding pretty excited about it.  Y'all are awesome for making such a great suggestion :).

@CookieGirl1 

Yay, I hope it works well for him! ❤️

I have a shower filter on my Christmas gift ideas list for family when they ask what time get me. Thanks for the review @RGbrown

@ShortErica 

I was shocked at how much of a difference it made. I've used the same water for over half my life now...I guess I just never realized how bad it was for my hair. 

...or your skin @RGbrown. When you are able to see and feel the difference in your hair, and start thinking about your skin, and the fact that it’s a pretty significant part of your body...nice investment 👋😊

Since I lost my curl, I wondered about my water. But similar to you, I've used the same water for years and didn't think that could be it. I'll have to give the shower filter a go. Glad it has helped you @RGbrown and hopefully it will be a good investment for me too!

201 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing