cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means โ€ฆ itโ€™s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The August Favorites Thread

@scott1201 Great choices! I've actually been curious about that quip toothbrush. Have you tried other brands before (like philips sonicare or the oral b electric one)? Just curious if this one is different.

I actually haven't tried any other brands recently, @PrettyPaint . I had one of those big ones, with a big dock, when I was in high school (i think it had a water pick on it, too?) so that's my only real comparison.

The thing I really like about this one is how transportable it is. I can take it on trips no problem since it doesn't have a dock! I'm sure you know this already but, they send you a new brush head and battery every 3 months for like $5 (i think?). Plus, it tells you how long to brush your teeth. Basically, you think of your teeth in 1/4s. It pulses 3x during the session so you know when to move onto the next 1/4th of your mouth. Maybe it's just me but, when i first started using it, i was like, "whoa i have definitely not been brushing my teeth for long enough!" haha

Hope that helps! There are a ton of promo codes out there so if you're interested i'd recommend just googling for a promo code

@scott1201  That's super helpful. I thought it looked way smaller than the one I have from the photo, so that's good to know that it's transportable. That's the main issue I have with my current electric - it's quite large and almost takes up too much room in my bathroom. I also didn't know they send you a brush head and battery every three months for $5 - that sounds like a pretty good deal! Thanks for all the info. 

Love this thread @GeorginaBT !

This months favourites are: 

Briogeo Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair. This smells like banana pudding, has such fun packaging, and most importantly, this diuo works really well for my hair. Does anyone else experience more volume when using these?

NUDESTIX Nudies Glow Cream Highlighter Stick Illumi-Naughtyin the shade Hey, Honey. I really love stick highlighter and this glides on my skin so beautifully to impart a gorgeous honey like glow ๐Ÿฏ

DIOR - Dior Lip Glow - 001 Pink Glow

has been a huge summer staple, I love this formula and have been wearing this nearly everyday.

@bakeamuffin 

Once I finish my current shampoo (and a few samples) I want to try the banana shampoo. I love banana and since you mentioned it gave you volume it might be enough to be my weekly shampoo, I feel like the deep cleansing ones I used recently are a bit of an overkill.

I saw the Dior sticks in store but they looked clear on my skin, maybe Iโ€™ll try one next year.

Great favorites @bakeamuffin!! Loooove the Briogeo shampoo and conditioner ๐Ÿ’›; it smells soooo good! ๐ŸŒ 

I have been stalking this thread so I should probably contribute.

URBAN DECAY - Eyeshadow - Roach  This is my favorite easy summer shadow  Itโ€™s so pigmented.

HUDA BEAUTY Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Amethyst

I Donโ€™t know if this is the one we got as gratis but I love the obsessions glitter palette it perks up my dull looks. I feel that I can use my old eyeshadow palettes and just add this to get fun looks and great cut creases.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaรงu Lip Butter 0.21 oz/ 6.2g

this is so soothing it worked for winter thru summer..

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL

Once I learned how to use it, itโ€™s great to remove alligator skin.

DOLCE&GABBANA - Light Blue Sun Eau de Toilette

Smells like Summer 

Oooh, I didnโ€™t know Dolce & Gabbana had this variation on its Light Blue fragrance. ๐Ÿคฉ I may have to check it out. Lovely favorites @howconnie

Thanks 

RE: The August Favorites Thread

Here is my August haul ๐ŸI donโ€™t have much variety since I pretty much only bought lipsticks in the last while. I have some new products I got from the sale but I need more time to use them a bit more.

-Neutrogena hydroboost sunscreen - wish this was mineral but it's still great nontheless

-Charlotte Tilbury Hotlips 2 in J.K. Magic - looooove this shade and formula 

-Milani plumping gloss in Soft Rose - one of my fave gloss formulas, actually reminds me quite a bit of the hourglass gloss

-Morphe cream lipsticks in Forevs and Caught - these are also fantastic, another one of my fave lip formulas

-Sephora Collection Rouge Lacquer in No Regrets - I may have put this in my last favourites but its honestly that good 

-Colourpop pigment in Redzone - one of the best inner corner highlights I've used

-Kylie Cosmetics eye glaze in Night Swim - such a stunning shade, I use this like crazy

-Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Maliboo 

-MUFE cream liquid lipstick - perfect liquid lipstick formula if you hate traditional matte liquid lipsticks

-Hourglass gloss in Unreal 

@GeorginaBT I too have been looking forward to this thread.  I've started some new skincare stuff recently and I'm loving it.  New additions (started towards the end of July) that have already been repurchased:

OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serumยฎ

OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rushโ„ข Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Paula's Choice 8% AHA Exfoliant

Also loving the heck out of my Elson PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick Flesh 3 109

Great skincare 

I am totally with you on the Fenty foundation love! It is just soooooo lovely! I just finished up my use of the LaLa Cream for the 1st time. It had a lovely feel, but didn't do the trick for me to help with some dry spots, but did definitely improve on dullness and uneven texture. 

I am going to say my August favorites are:

Yves Saint Laurent Libre Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

BOSCIA - Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask

Iโ€™ll have to look into that fragrance, I have yet to see it. La la wasnโ€™t moisturizing enough for my skin either.

My favorites are just mainly my current goodies, nothing really new:

AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Toner

Tatcha Camellia Gold Spun Lip Balm 0.21 oz/ 6 g

I've been trying out a new moisturizer and eye cream but haven't tested them enough yet to become new favorites.

I've been really liking this mascara sample I got too. Formula is great, length is awesome and decent volume. tarte Lights, Camera, Lashesโ„ข 4-in-1 Mascara Black

I've been reaching for this sample perfume I got more recently though. It's fresh with a subtle fruity scent, but the con is it doesn't have much lasting power.

BERDOUES - Pรฉng Lรกi

@SnugglePuggle94 the tarte Lights, Camera, Lashesโ„ข 4-in-1 Mascara Black is one of my favorites as well, I feel so late to the game with it, but it's so good!

Anonymous Insider

WOW. Time is flying by. August is almost over! It was my birthday at the end of July

( I got lots of goodies ) so this month my go-to's are CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL so much so, that I purchased the CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau de Parfum Intense 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  during the Summer Saves 20% off sale. Along with the CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Moisturizing Body Lotion 6.8 oz

I am so in love with this scent, and I get so many compliments during the day. For make-up my always reach fors include 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation 160

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Hydrating Primer 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

TOO FACED - Born This Way Undetectable Medium-to-Full Coverage Powder

TOO FACED - Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder - Universal Shade

I use the powder foundation on my T-zone, and liquid foundation everywhere else. I really appreciate Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original

and how well the tarte Tarteletteโ„ข In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g

stays on all day!! For skincare I always use Origins Checks and Balancesโ„ข Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL and recently I broke down and purchased GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER โ„ข Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner

which I am thoroughly starting to enjoy!! I really enjoy reading all these responses, and seeing everyone else's favorites. I hope my August favorites help someone make their decision on something new!! 

So many goodies, @Anonymous! How are you liking the Fenty Beauty hydrating primer and foundation so far? I have oily skin and I'm a huge fan of the Soft Matte Longwear Foundation formula and the Instant Retouch Primer.

I had a trial size of the Origins Checks and Balances face wash that I gave to my boyfriend. He has not stopped raving about it for the last 3 days! LOL. I will have to check it out soon. 

Best regards,

Laurie ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous Insider

RE: The August Favorites Thread

My August Favorites are: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Preserve Face Cream Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser Fresh Rose Face Mask Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum Always Sephora HYA

Lovely choices for favorites this month @GeorginaBT! The Laneige lip sleeping mask is great and the new formulation of DE Lala is one I'm interested in trying out. Here are my August faves:

IMG_E0032.JPG

Spoiler
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing