cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The August Favorites Thread

favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg

2019 is flying by. August is almost over, and you know what that means … it’s time to share our monthly favorites! We want to hear what products you reached for most this month. Whether it be hair, fragrance, skin, or makeup products, drop the names of your favorites. From new treasures to trusted holy grails, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know your recommendations.

Here are my August favorites:

What products were your August favorites? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The August Favorites Thread

@alexasteph I am glad to hear - are you experiencing more vivid dreams by any chance?

@Cyncynn I’ve always been a vivid and detailed dreamer, and I remember my dreams three or four nights a week already. I haven’t noticed any difference there. 

The August Favorites Thread

I'm not type to try a bunch of new products all at once but I think August's newest HG for me is the Tarte Knockout Tingling treatment! I finally finished my DS Ole Henriksen bright spot toner so I used this in it's place. My skin feels so much softer and it's done wonders to help with my texture. It also hasn't impacted my reactive skin much past a slight tingle. The smell, I could do without but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept for a more pure sort of preservative.

Re: RE: The August Favorites Thread

@cookie859  I don’t do seasonal makeup shades, aside from anything used as a base (my skin darkens in summer). My motto is “all of the colors, all of the time!” 🙂 But for plum, oxblood, deep purple, and brown Audacious shades, check out Charlotte, Bette, Liv, and Deborah. I have and love all of them. 

Jojoba oil is good for skin, including your scalp and face. It’s non-comedogenic and has no fragrance. It has a very similar texture to the sebum our skin naturally creates, so it’s less heavy and greasy than many other plant oils, plus it penetrates skin easily. It’s good stuff, especially for dry skin. Since you’re very oily, your mileage may vary. 

there isn't really any rules for fragrance. ;p you can di...

there isn't really any rules for fragrance. 😜 you can dig out those super tropical fragrances in the dead of winter and still be ok. 💖 great favorites, glad you also got your hands on one of the new oils. I was considering picking up the coconut even if it was just to use as an eye makeup remover.

3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg

My monthly favs FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer     

IT cosmetics bye bye foundation Natasha Denona 5 pan palette, Becca blurring powder, Sunforgettable Face Shield, Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon in Dark Pearl.  I got the IT in my Ipsy. I have previously tried the CC cream and disliked it. I wasn’t sure how I would like Iike this but paired with the Becca powder to set it is🙌. Finally something keeps makeup from creasing on my nose!!

It seems I have less and less time to spend on here, I keep missing out on new product launches! 

Here are my August faves, forgive me if any of these are repeat offenders. 

OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser

I’m always switching cleansers. My skin usually loathes Vitamin C but I’m tolerating this one well. It does a great job removing my make up. I do think i’m over using it though, it’s in a fun foam dispenser and I Uber get carried away with my foamy pumps lol 😝 

KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Face Oil with Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 mL

I just adore this oil. It can be a bit heavy so I tend to apply it at night so my skin can drink in all the goodness. 

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation

Though I wish I had a better match in this foundation, I do really love how it photographs and the longevity of it. 

The Dior Backstage is a powerhouse.   I've sweated profusely in it and it always holds up.

Haha, I do the same thing with the OH cleanser, @GG84. I'm sure one good pump would be enough, but it's just fun to do a couple more little ones and hey- more foam! Smiley LOL

My August favorites are:

NATASHA DENONA - Lila Eyeshadow Palette

These eyeshadows are gorgeous and so easy to apply.

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

I absolutely love the scent and how hydrating it is.

The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

This eye cream is fantastic for puffy eyes especially for the price.

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt

This makes my hair feel so clean.

DPHUE - Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse

This does have a really strong smell but it makes my hair so soft and shiny.

Tarte shape tape concealer is my new favorite concealer. The coverage is great.5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg

I’ve been eyeing that Christopher Robin scrub for a while.

@faeriegirl @Some great products!! I love the Dphue rinse, the Christophe Robin scrub. The recently bought a Natasha Denona 5 pan palette and I love it! 

I love seeing everyone's monthly favorites! Here is what I've been loving recently:

IMG_9410.jpg

Spoiler

Quip toothbrush - you might be asking yourself, "wow, how can someone love a toothbrush?" Well, I've had my quip for about 1.5 years and I didn't realize how much I loved it until the motor went out a month ago. I contacted customer service and quip sent me a replacement. I'll never take you for granted ever again!

Sephora Collection Mask Holder - so glad i was able to snag this online. I use this mask holder almost each morning so i can mask while drinking coffee and catching up on emails. Fits great, love it.

Pat McGrath Sublime Bronze Ambition - particularly, the shade copperized. Such a rich, buttery, fall color that i can't stop wearing. These shadows blend so easily that even i, an eyeshadow novice, can do it!

My overall daytime skincare has really been doin' it for me

Caudalie eye cream - this is way to expensive for me to ever buy but I really love these GWP sizes. They last forever, don't cause millia, and smooth out the undereye

Biossance retinol - i believe this was in my favorites last month, too. It's just so smoothing for my jaw / cheeks and i've seen a noticeable difference in acne scarring

Herbivore Prism - i've recently introduced this into my daily skincare and it's been great. i already see brightening effects from using this a couple of weeks.

KORA Organics Oil - Oh man, this is going to be great in the winter. It's so rich and luxe feeling and makes my skin so glowy. I have like 3 more of this DS size but I'll probably buy the FS after using those.

@scott1201 - have you used other mask holders before? Curious how the Sephora mask holder compares to other brands.

Great list! You really can't go wrong with Pat McGrath Palettes. <333

@scott1201 Omg! How did I not know about this mask holder?! Going to order one for me and a friend! FYI I still see this online? 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Keep on Masking Face Mask Holder

Biossance looks nice

@scott1201   I love those caudalie mini eye creams. The do last forever! Hydrating but not heavy. The Kora oil is also very nice going to open my deluxe sample size when the weather cools off a bit more.

Awesome favorites @scott1201! 💕 Isn’t that mask holder wonderful?!! I love it. 💜 The shadows in that PMG palette are gorgeous! 🤩

Looooooooove the mask holder, @itsfi ! I think initially it seemed to be LE but I think they should bring it on as a permanent product!

Completely agree @scott1201! It’d be a great if it was a permanent product! I saw them in store after they were no longer available online and picked up a backup! 

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • favorite products from August by GeorginaBT.jpg
  • IMG_20190727_204552327.jpg
  • Why yes, that's an avocado green shower. I *know* you're jealous :p
  • 808C4A6D-4104-494F-8237-C5A8AA6AF374.jpeg
  • IMG_20190827_190739.jpg
  • August favorites
  • IMG_E0032.JPG
  • Top: RMS Beauty Temptation; Middle: Buxom Dolly; Bottom: RMS Beauty Temptation + Buxom Dolly
  • Top: ColourPop Lippie Scrub; Middle: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk; Bottom: Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Seed Oil
  • 8A280C1F-8E6E-4D93-AFD0-5AB10A344758.gif
  • IMG_9410.jpg
  • 5DBFDD48-A61D-4744-947C-566CF56B64CF.jpeg
  • 3C8B5266-0BE5-472E-9D17-C55418E3AF44.jpeg
  • C46C3ADB-FC47-4BBE-929F-AD0D8E94ADC9.jpeg
testing