Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New website-bad changes!

Ooohhh, you changed the thing I liked best about sephora.com! On the old site, if you looked at, say, lipsticks from NARS, the colors showed right next to the names, and you had the whole sweep of colors right there in front of you. Now, there's these tiny little squares with no names, so you have to guess which one is the color you're looking for. They're not even alphabetical the way the old one was! MAC did something similar with their website, it's impossible to order from now, so I just don't. Don't think Sephora wants that reaction. Can't imagine why you guys did this. I haven't spent much time on the new site, but this was the first thing I noticed and it's bad. It really helped to see the colors before me, it encouraged me to order new shades, instead of just reordering old favorites. Please change that bit back!!!

Re: New website-bad changes!

is the area where they used to do the how-to's still available? i miss that section with all the fun tutorials... i'd rather read them than watch a video & I liked having a list of the products used. i can't find that section anywhere ! i'm getting so frustrated.

I was bummed that the site was down this past Saturday night, I was feeling bored and in need of retail therapy. Plus I couldn't get on BeautyTalk, that was down also. 

I miss my shopping list, I had a bunch of things on the old one and have forgotten what they were. I always print out my list before I go to the store to help me focus on what I want to look at.

I know! I lost my shopping list, so I just added a bunch of things that looks good and I think I had on the list, but I probably missed a couple. and my shopping list was severely edited so every item was one I want, too.....T.T

Lastly and more annoying, when I'm looking at a BT post and hit reply, it ask me to log in. But after I log in, I was directed to the main page instead of the post I was trying to reply to. urgh

Hi Ladies,

IT is pushing through an update tonight we hope will fix the issue many of you have experienced with the shopping list. If you don’t see your list or are missing items, the best thing to do is wait until tomorrow to see if they show up. If not, you may have to re-add.  Keep us posted if you continue to see any other errors as the team is working around the clock to make sure the new site is functioning correctly for everyone. The more detailed you can be describing the issue you experience, the better! 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I can see where your coming from about the color swatches being changed to little boxes, but you know what I actually noticed is that if you scroll over the little boxes, the item number, size, and color are listed above and now the picture of the lipstick changes color too! They didn't have that with the old site and I LOVE being able to see the color on the actual stick 😄 Sephora Beta is so new that it's probably going to take a little bit for them to get everything just right (:

LexiKaye<3  

Hello all! 

Thanks for your feedback and patience while we have our IT department work to resolve a few known bugs and issues. 🙂 We really appreciate it! Feel free to contact any of us if you have any issues, or contact our representatives at 1-877-SEPHORA who can also help you if you need it. 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Anyone know how to look at the play box in outta town and my roommate and or her kid will take it upon themselves to steal my products so I like to see a list 

dianabt wrote:

Hello all! 

Thanks for your feedback and patience while we have our IT department work to resolve a few known bugs and issues. 🙂 We really appreciate it! Feel free to contact any of us if you have any issues, or contact our representatives at 1-877-SEPHORA who can also help you if you need it. 🙂 

The name of the color should be under the product name. For example:

http://www.sephora.com/be-legendary-lipstick-P304704?skuId=1387109

It says Be Legendary Lipstick, then has the item # and size, and under that is the color.

I'm sure Sephora is working out the kinks and details, but other than that it's just getting used to how things are rearranged.

I think they are still in the process of changing things. They didn't bring over my shopping list from the classic Sephora and I really really hope they do, cuz there's like 40 items on there and I don't remember them all....

The website loads very quickly for me and is not slow at all. I actually feel like this site makes for quicker browsing than the previous site but the layout probably has something to do with saving time. The pages load super quickly though so it might just be an issue with bandwidth or your processor. I like the new site a lot and I don't mind that all of the shades are up front and in one area, I find it easier but that's just a preference.

I've had this issue on two different machines at two different locations... My work laptop, and my home laptop. Two different servers, two different brands of computers... Two different locations, and totally different IP addresses...

Wow, I wonder if others are having the same issues with speed that you are then. I don't think I have any kind of souped up super computer by any means but load time is definitely super quick for me. Is anyone else experiencing slow loading times on the site? I wonder what the difference could be 😮

The problem I have with the new website is that it doesn't let me zoom in as much on the product pictures.  With the old website if I were viewing a palette I could zoom in enough that I could see the name of each eyeshadow and compare it to the written discription, but the new site doesn't seem to allow that.  I find it incredibly frustrating.

Ambaneko wrote:
Ooohhh, you changed the thing I liked best about sephora.com! On the old site, if you looked at, say, lipsticks from NARS, the colors showed right next to the names, and you had the whole sweep of colors right there in front of you. Now, there's these tiny little squares with no names, so you have to guess which one is the color you're looking for. They're not even alphabetical the way the old one was! MAC did something similar with their website, it's impossible to order from now, so I just don't. Don't think Sephora wants that reaction. Can't imagine why you guys did this. I haven't spent much time on the new site, but this was the first thing I noticed and it's bad. It really helped to see the colors before me, it encouraged me to order new shades, instead of just reordering old favorites. Please change that bit back!!!

Hi Ambaneko,

Thank you for your feedback about the new Sephora Website. I will be happy to forward all your concerns ad feedback about the website. Our IT department is currently working on a few known issue. Thank you,  we appreciate it!

❤️ Melissa

The new website seems soooo slow to me! I can load several pages on other websites in the time it takes to get one page to pull up on the new Sephora site.    And trying to look through the color swatches is just a pain between the lack of speed, and how it's laid out...

I LOVED the old sephora site, and would never think of buying else where, but if it's going to take me an hour just to look through the different shades of something each time I don't think I have the patience for that.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing