cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg

Hope the month of May has been blossoming beautifully for you, BIC! ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ I went on a bit of a beauty shopping spree last month (which, in full transparency, set me on a personal no-spend challenge in May ๐Ÿ˜…), so Iโ€™ve been taking time to really enjoy some of the new additions to my various routines. Some of my favorite products this month are ones Iโ€™ve been looking to try for a while (after being influenced by friends, social media, and โ€“ of course โ€“ fellow Community members). Thereโ€™s nothing better than when something works just as you imagined it would! 

Here are the products Iโ€™ve been in love with this month:

Whatโ€™s been working for you lately, BIC? Reply and use the โ€œ#โ€ symbol to tag skincare, makeup, hair, and fragrance faves as of late. I canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

Those clips are sooooo cute @caitbird 

@PrettyPaint  thank you, I'm very happy with them!

Oohhhh I should've included the Sephora x Chunks clips in my faves as well @caitbird! I love them - they hold my hair so well. Currently wearing the red clip at the office...! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@GeorginaBT  they're really nice, right? I'm glad I got them!

The clips are adorable! @caitbird 

@lmaster  I really like them! I have so many hair accessories in my collection, but I have only just started getting into hair claws/clips (I mostly used headbands & barrettes before this). I'm glad I talked myself into getting these!

@caitbird, the strawberry basil pairing sounds like it would smell amazing! Itโ€™s inspiring me to make a strawberry basil infused water this week! ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŒฟ A little extra with my hydration! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Ooouh, Zoologist. I have been meaning to try more scents from them. So many fragrances out there to try, am I right?! The notes on Hummingbird sound wonderful! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Cute floral arrangement; I like the flowers you chose - fabric material adds a softness that lends to a more real look and feel. The vase looks so fun - the Swiss dots on the vase are so charming. ๐Ÿ’• Great eye on putting that pairing together. 

@itsfi  I do love the strawberry basil scent - I am burning that candle again right now, in fact! Strawberry basil water sounds delicious! ๐Ÿคค

I splurged on the whole Zoologist discovery set last year - I have only tried a few scents so far (so many perfume samples, so little time...) but I've enjoyed all of them so far, they have been quite interesting and unique. Hummingbird is definitely my favorite of the ones I've tried so far.

Thank you! I tried to really think about the aesthetics when I was setting up and taking this picture. I was originally going to do a setup on my desk, but my cat decided to sleep there at the time so I had to go with plan B ๐Ÿคฃ

@caitbird Ooh I've been wanting to try Hummingbird, glad you love it!

@Samtian  Hummingbird was one of the ones I was most looking forward to trying from this discovery set, and I really loved it!

It's that time again ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm really enjoying hearing about everyone's favorites this month. Thank you all for sharing them. ๐Ÿฉท

And here are my most used and must have items for May. 

1000018515.jpg

What's here: 

โญDior Forever Glow Star Filter Multi-Use Complexion Enhancing Booster 2N 

๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธDanessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Face 2.0 Teardrop Kabuki Complexion Brush 

๐ŸŒžTatcha The Silk Sunscreen SPF 50 Weightless Mineral Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

๐Ÿ’ฆDanessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Moisture Repair Balm Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Squalane 1.41 ... 

Thoughts in Spoiler:

Spoiler
It's ๐ŸŒปโ˜€๏ธNationsl SPF day ๐ŸŒž so I just had to include my most reached for SPF. Tatcha's mineral sunscreen dosen't aggravate my sensitive skin and plays well with my makeup and skincare. --And the best part-- it feels like I'm not wearing a sunscreen. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I feel like I had been waiting forever for DM's brush to come in stock and I'm so happy with the way it performs. I've used her Blurring Balms and Skin Tints with it, and it applies my foundation products *so* evenly. On top of that, it's so velvety smooth. ๐Ÿ˜ It's a beautifully designed brush.
It also works well with my D'ior Star Filter which made my top list this month. Wearing this skin enhancer is a great way to get a little glow and feel good about my skin. It's like a little boost in a bottle. 

Lastly is DM's yummy balm serum. This has been O/S since early after it's release. I was lucky and my local Sephora happened to have it in stock. 
My skin is soo dry and I had been curious to see if this balm would agree with my skin. It's very rich but absorbs incredibly well. It's not to heavy or greasy for my skin. I
am actually surprised by that. But it goes on after my moisturizer, absorbs in with a little time and really does boost my skins overall hydration. I am loving using it on my hands and nails too because they are also very dry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am obsessed with the Dior star filter @CynthieLu ! It is gorgeous!

Same here! @faeriegirl I can wear it with so many things. It's not a fussy product so I'm not suffering from any pilling problems. It's soooo nice like that ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu  Yikes - You are making me want ALL of these products. I have been looking for a new facial sunscreen, so I'll definitely be researching the tatcha. 

Finding a SPF you love is a journey. What are you liking right now? @PrettyPaint 

I had been using Elizabeth Arden's City Smart SPF (so good!) but the price tag was just to high, so I switched to more wallet friendly options. Ooh but trying this, it's soo good. But definitely not as affordable as the SuperGoop and Neutrogena I'd been using this year.๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

@CynthieLu  I actually have just been wearing tinted moisturizer with SPF (Saie) for the most part, but I'm a little worried that may not be strong enough for the Summer months. 

I know what you mean @PrettyPaint I felt that urge to find something more powerful too. It just makes sense for summer. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

The Kabuki brush looks amazing @CynthieLu 

Thank you! @lmaster it's so plush! ๐Ÿงธ I am enjoying it a lot. ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu, the Dior gives such a pretty glow. โœจ 

And pretty fantastic you only need a drop or two, this bottle is going to last! ๐Ÿคฉ @itsfi 

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos29
  • GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
  • IMG_5615.jpeg
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
  • 1000017753.jpg
  • 1000017757.jpg