cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg

Hope the month of May has been blossoming beautifully for you, BIC! 🌷🌹🌼 I went on a bit of a beauty shopping spree last month (which, in full transparency, set me on a personal no-spend challenge in May 😅), so I’ve been taking time to really enjoy some of the new additions to my various routines. Some of my favorite products this month are ones I’ve been looking to try for a while (after being influenced by friends, social media, and – of course – fellow Community members). There’s nothing better than when something works just as you imagined it would! 

Here are the products I’ve been in love with this month:

What’s been working for you lately, BIC? Reply and use the “#” symbol to tag skincare, makeup, hair, and fragrance faves as of late. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

@CynthieLu the Tatcha sunscreen comes up a lot on BIC , I have to try it

It's been fun to use this one @CorgiMommy no complaints about it here 😊

@CynthieLu  I saw the thumbnail pic and I knew whose favs it was 😉 Glad you have found some loves that work well for you! I am very interested in the Tatcha sunscreen - I always try to apply sunscreen every day because I know it's important, but I've not yet found a sunscreen I actually like, so I am always looking to try new things. It sounds very nice!

I have the same struggle with SPF @caitbird I try to wear it daily. (and re-apply) But It's hard to find one that fits everything I'm looking for. I really don't like the feel of anything to heavy.  You'll find one, it's just kind of a trial and error process. I do recommend asking for a sample of this one next time your in store. 😘

@CynthieLu  that's a good idea, I am hoping to make a trip to my nearest Sephora before too long, so I will try to remember to ask for a sample when I'm there!

You know @caitbird  I actually never knew this was something they did until recently, someone told me you can ask and they will make up a sample for you. I was always waiting to try things in foils and GWP. This is much easier. Lol! 😉 Have you ever gotten a sample this way before?

@CynthieLu  I did get a sample of foundation when I went to get shade matched last year, but I've never asked for a sample other than that! I will have to try this more often!

That's funny @caitbird I've only done it once too. It was for

Supergoop! 100% Mineral Bright-Eyed Eye Cream SPF 40 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

I was kinda intrigued about spf designed specifically for the eye areas. 🧐 

I actually feel kinda bad asking for them, and I know it's silly. I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it and It was worth it for the experiment. 🌞 

@CynthieLu  I know what you mean, asking for things is definitely not in my comfort zone either 😅 but it is good to step outside your comfort zone sometimes! How did you like the Supergoop eye cream?

I agree @caitbird  I think it is important for us to step out of our comfort zones, and maybe these types of things get easier with practice. 🙂

So for the SG I didn't end up purchasing the eye SPF. It was good, it didn't irritate my eye area. I was even a little tempted but i ended up deciding to look for a sunscreen I could use on all areas of my face.  

@CynthieLu I'm going to need to get me that brush. 

I really enjoy using it @Samtian and I don't feel like it eats to much product either if you know what I mean. 😊

Lately, I've been loving my #skincare routine with Crave Hydrating Cleanser and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer. For #makeup, I swear by Fenty Beauty Foundation and Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lipstick. My #haircare favourites include OGX Argon Oil Shampoo and Polyplex Conditioner. As for #fragrance, I can't get enough of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. What about you? #skincare #makeup #haircare #fragrance

@mickhence  those are some great picks! Love that you have some favorites for every category of beauty!

Hydro boost is such a great moisturizer, I imagine with this routine you skin is so well taken care of. @mickhence 💙😀

My May favorites ❤️

I don't think I have anything "brand new", just my mains I've been reaching for.

• dae Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream 5 oz/ 150 mL I reach for this on my greasy hair days. The smell + Slick effect 👌 
  • BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Mini Everyday Hair Gloss Oil 30 ml (I have the value size, it won't let me link it!) I love this. I actually prefer this one to the dae Prickly Pear Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL it's much lighter for my long, fine/thin hair without weighing it down
  • Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara OK I GIVE IN. Originally, I wasn't really impressed with this Mascara, I think it's good but nothing life changing, or so I thought. HOWEVER, this Mascara really is, absolutely bullet proof. I wear this to workout, boulder, pilates, hike, whatever the activity, It. Does. Not. Smudge. (picture below, with just 1 coat, my lashes look a little sad, my lash lift is on its last leg)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Brow Freeze® Gel Clear I picked up the mini. The mini is actually bigger than the full size Kosas Air Brow Clear + Clean Lifting Treatment Eyebrow Gel with Lamination Effect 0.13 oz/ 4 g I can see how this gel has mixed reviews. The gel is thick, this isn't a gel that you can brush through multiple times, it will flake. You need to brush it through your brows ONCE and it just stays the way you brushed it. Product saving, good value, I'm sure this will last me a year...
  • NYX Lift & Snatch, this is so good. I have full brows already and just need a few strokes in areas of gaps. You can't even tell I drew strokes in! (Or can you? 🤔 picture below)
  • NYX Epic Liner, been using this for more than a decade now. My Armani Luminous equivalent of liners. This doesn't budge for me. It's black black, crisp, doesn't dry out, no smudges (full disclosure, if you get this on your lashes, it will smudge, make sure to clean your lashes before mascara). Also wearing in the picture below

1000017753.jpg

1000017757.jpg

@jaaayp  I love the styling cream too! ❤️

YAY @PrettyPaint ! I Love the scent and how it kinda masks my dirty hair smell 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 it also holds without being crunchy!

Oh we have dae as a favorite too?? @jaaayp I definitely need to look into this

If you enjoy the scent of skittles and have baby hairs that need to stay down @lmaster this is it! 🥰

@jaaayp, I keep eyeing the Bread Beauty Supply hair oil. Have a couple more hair oils to make my way through but I just may give it a try later this year. I like the sound of it not weighing down fine hair - we don’t need it weighing down. 😊 

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos29
  • GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
  • IMG_5615.jpeg
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
  • 1000017753.jpg
  • 1000017757.jpg