cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: March 2022 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1648483141832.png

Spring is here, BIC! 🌷 The weather in California has been warming up, and I’ve been loving every bit of it. My skin, on the other hand, has not been its happiest lately, so I’ve called in a few anti-acne reinforcements to help me out … and I’m ready to add other recommendations to my shopping list if anyone’s willing to share. 😉 I know I’m not the only one who’s started planning out my Spring Savings Event basket! For more basket-building inspo and details about this season’s promotion, check out Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket? 

These are the products I’ve been reaching for the most this month:

We want to know what beauty products you’ve been sticking with throughout March! Reply below and use the “#” symbol to tag any recent makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, or wellness faves.  

Re: Monthly Favorites: March 2022 Edition!

@2026, that Rare Beauty highlighter is a beauty! 😍 I haven't tried the Dior Backstage eyeshadows yet, but have liked the other products from that collection.

Late to the favorite party, but with award winning (my awards anyhow, 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️) favorites a lá Oscar season

PXL_20220331_030433297.jpg

Best Trio: SEPHORA COLLECTION Trio Face Palette Dare .  I have peachy blushes, but I like this set, perfect for "starburst highlighting" effect, or what the kids call "three point highlighter" now

Best supporting role in a limited series: I wish this item wasn't a LE, I mistakenly though it was aqua bomb, but it's the aloe version that came out 2020.  I forgot I had it 🤣😔.  It's helped heal a tiny scar on my chin.  I can see the scar, but it's less intense looking.  Also gives the same AB hydration.

Best starring role: Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow .  I know there are other brands that make a similar product, but I don't know if I'd come back to them like I do with the scattered lights.  Always gorgeous and easy application.  Excellent on their own or as toppers.  I've been loving the shade Burnish as of late.

Best supporting actress: the shine from champ stamp from the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Glossy Posse: Fantasy 4Sum 4-Piece Gloss Bomb Set , it's in a quartet, but IMO, it's the breakout star.  The shine takes me back to my middle school days.  It looks glittery, but it's sooooo pretty.

Best "set design":. I have dark lashes, so mascara isn't a must, but when I've gone for set design/window dressing. I've been calling on Lancôme Lash Idôle Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Waterproof Mascara 01 Glossy Black and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara Black .  The RB darkens and lengthens with two coats.  The lash idôle is like lash extensions without getting lash extensions.  The trick with idôle for me is brushing my lashes (vs wiggle or swipe), made all the difference!

Best score:. I can't tell you the notes (geddit... I'm sorry...🤷🏽‍♀️) but since @TeamBIC  gifted me with the lovely  Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum 1 oz/ 30 mL , it's been in heavy rotation.  It's fresh, it's feminine, it's floral, it's spring!

Best cameo: SEPHORA COLLECTION Breakups To Makeup Bag Losing You Hurt, But Losing My Makeup Bag Would Be a Tragedy  I just needed a bag for the pic and this was nearby, but it's one of my travel makeup bags because it's large enough to carry a lot of stuff.

Best Scented Effects: I know this isn't technically a category, but I'm glad I stocked up on Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Touch Hand Sanitizer Spray 3.0 oz/ 90 mL because it smells so good and sanitizes my hands without overly drying them.

@danielledanielle  Awesome favs!! I love that makeup bag!

Love it @danielledanielle !! 😍 I wish Sephora still carried  Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Touch Hand Sanitizer Spray 3.0 oz/ 90 mL It is a perfect spray and doesn't feel goopy like gel sanitizers. I will be running out soon....

@danielledanielle I agree wholeheartedly; Hourglass Scattered Lights are a glittery-shimmery girl’s love 💗 

That is such a cute makeup bag @danielledanielle! Lots of fun faves here! Lancome makes some of my favorite lashes but I haven't yet tried Lash Idole. I thought I saw a DS of it too in my bin. Hmmm... gonna have to dig that beauty out stat! 😁

@danielledanielle OK I smiled at the score/notes pun 😂 Obsessed with you and your favorites categories! So good.

The Hourglass eyeshadows look so pigmented and pretty! 

Oh thank goodness, I know it's corny, but the best puns are!! @GeorginaBT 

I love those SL shadows!  Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Rapture and Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Foil are gorgeous, too!

And the BIC award for best comments ever goes to… @danielledanielle ! 🏆 💞 Just great. And love your pics and bag. (The RB mascara is so nice!)

Heh @Sunnysmom , ty!  That's too kind.

Boo for March skin that cause so many issues, @GeorginaBT! I have heard so many good things about the Peace Out. Hopefully April is much smoother 🌷

My March favorites, including one that just barely squeaked its way in for the month:

56846CFC-B991-4984-8B32-5E870B9AF2FE.jpeg

Spoiler
The Nécessaire is the refill size of the Nécessaire The Body Wash - With Niacinamide Sandalwood. I intend to try the Bergamot at some point, but just love this one too much.

Coola’s Mineral Tint Sunscreen was a favorite of mine until it was discontinued. I contacted the company to see what they would recommend from their line in lieu of it. Their rep told me Bare Republic is their sister company, and suggested I try the Mineral Sunscreen Lotion Tinted Face. Although it isn’t an exact dupe (it is slightly thinner), it is close enough that my search is over. Kudos to great customer service!

Speaking of great service, I ordered the fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mL during the sale; it shipped later that day and I received it the very next afternoon. So happy to have this in my routine after trying and loving a DS.

Farmacy is hit or miss for me, but this lightweight yet rich-enough to quench my dry cheeks Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL was an instant love💜💙 

Finally, I was skeptical about the Sol de Janeiro Mini Beija Flor™ Collagen-Boosting Elasti-Cream with Bio-Retinol and Squalane 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, only because floral can easily be overpowering. This reminds me of the almost intoxicating aroma of walking into the main floor of a department store, where all of the beauty counters are located. And since many of the special occasions in life call for special makeup/perfume…this scent makes me very happy. 

@eshoe  Wow I’m impressed that coola offered a different “brand” even if it’s a sister company. Most of the time they won’t spend the time to even talk!

I was too, @ather. I have never contacted the company before, but was really impressed with their chat help I received. Makes me more motivated to actually purchase from the brand in the future, you know? 

@eshoe  I agree. It makes me want to deal with the company more.

Does that sunscreen have glitter in it? @eshoe 

Hmmmm @lmaster I am going to have to swatch it in the morning. I don’t *think* so, but only daylight can tell. I will tag you in the am☀️

eta: this appears to be glitter-free. Photo taken in sunlight.

16ECCE16-E019-4A00-AB6D-C6DAB2203032.jpeg

@eshoe ok no worries, that's not the one I tried a couple years ago, I can tell just by that picture, thank you!

You’re welcome, @lmaster, happy to help!

Thank you sweet @eshoe 💞 My active breakouts are looking a lot better now (shoutout again to my skincare faves), so I'll probably be focused on leftover dark spot correction for the next couple of months. Just picked up Topicals Faded Serum for Dark Spots & Discoloration 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and I'm easing myself into it! Want to build up to using it multiple times a week. 

I just finished up my LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL - maybe this Farmacy night mask should be its replacement??! 😊 Great faves! 

Oooh I went through a DS of that Topicals, @GeorginaBT, but it was hard for me to work through the scent. I hope it alleviates any remaining spots for you! 

I have heard so many good things about that Laneige, but I have not tried it yet. Emphasis on the word *yet* 😄

March monthly favs @GeorginaBT . How can March be over?! The theme of mine would be easy one and done I think. 
Sephora besties include MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick Fashion - loving the easy swipe of these balmy, comfy yet pigmented lips. Charlotte Tilbury Mini Hollywood Flawless Filter 3 Fair is perfect for a fast glow with a tint of color. Wish the minis came in more shades. 2.5 is especially good. Wander Beauty On-the-Glow Blush & Illuminator Strawberry Fields has become my go-to for the best blend of pinky, fresh cheek and highlighter. I love how they show to just do a circle of the blush with dot of highlighter then blend. So fast. ILIA Mini Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black is my recurring fav mascara with the best mix of lengthening and volume and never too wet or dry. Wishing the old Bite lips would make a return! I made this bespoke one with mint and it’s great for mask wearing days too. Red what a shocker. 🙃
Chanel Electric Brown kohl pencil can be a liner, on it’s own or smudged over a shadow and it lasts. Chantecaille concealer face stick works on spots and dark circles too. Clever little thing! Kur illuminating pink nail is great for anyone wanting a quick glossy swipe and for me who doesn’t take enough time on a mani. Oops. Lastly CeraVe ointment has been my salvation for red itchy skin around my eyes for allergy or sensitivity issues. Also for my lips under or over any matte lips as @WinglessOne pointed put some years ago along with Aquaphor. Best tip ever 😘. I seem to like C a little better for eyes as less slick tho both great. (Having a hard time finding C by the way so hoping it’s not a goner! Wings do you know?! 😩)

EE029123-9ECA-4C85-83F8-7B8E3CCD4B33.jpeg

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1648483141832.png
  • DEB387E1-F033-4DF8-8DA8-CE1D8428BE54.jpeg
  • IMG_20220329_093259523.jpg
  • IMG_20220329_125036726.jpg
  • 1E15FAA1-4C19-4551-8B78-8177A5F67F99.jpeg
  • Florence by Mills lip balm
  • Erbolario lip balm
  • CarolBT_0-1648657370669.jpeg