cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: July 2022 Edition!

Anna2BT_0-1658507521732.jpeg

Happy July, Beauty Insider Community friends, and special shout out to my fellow Cancers 🦀 (if you’re into zodiac signs 😊). This month, my beauty theme has been glowy and protected! I have been naturally gravitating more towards sunscreens since getting so many awesome SPF-packed product recommendations in The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️ thread and found myself with four new sunscreens by the second week of July. 😂

To avoid listing a bunch of sunscreens, here is my favorite one out of the bunch along with my other monthly faves!

I have found a new power duo in the Milk Hydro Grip Primer and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Setting Spray. I paired the two together for the first time and my makeup was able to withstand hot and humid conditions all the way into the evening!

I have so many good things to say about these products, but to avoid getting too lengthy of a post feel free to ask me in the comments. 😉

What have been your July monthly favorites BIC? Were there any that sparked some real fireworks? 🎆 Hit ‘Reply’ down below and use the ‘#’ sign to tag your favorite products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: July 2022 Edition!

@ather great batch of favs!

@CookieGirl1  Thanks!

I didn't do too much of trying new things this month (I'm trying to get through some older products and really putting effort into my project pan). However, I did get a few different versions of my all time favorite lip balm Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original that I've been raving about all 2022 or so it seems, way back during the VIB sale in April. However, I have not yet tried a couple of them out until July and I found an absolute winner...

Drumroll, please. 🥁

The Banana version of this lip balm! Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss 

8B1E4EFC-6680-458A-95CA-80389252FABD.jpeg

This consistency is on point to the original and similarly to the original, the banana isn't at all pigmented compared to the watermelon or mango versions which do give off a touch of pigment. The scent on it is truly amazing, a wonderful vibrant sweet Banana which I truly adore! I've been reaching for this one quite a bit this July, matter of fact I think I'm on a banana kick overall this summer. That being said, anyone have any banana-related and/or scented beauty faves that you recommend I try? 

@QueenMarceline I love the scent of that one!  I didn't love the product itself but the scent made me happy :).  
As far as body products, there's an AMAZING bodywash that I've purchased from TJMaxx, actually, and it smells (and actualy feels) soooo good!  Bonus: it's also cheap.  It looks like this:
41qB4YBwrGL._SX679_.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I need to make it a point to go out to my local TJ Maxx, that looks lovely! 🙂

@QueenMarceline I honestly didn't have high hopes for it but I've used about half of one bottle and then I got FOMO and bought one more...just in case 😅.

@CookieGirl1 Haha, hey I'll take any excuse to get to rummage through a TJ Maxx, it's been way too long.

@QueenMarceline  Oooo I haven’t tried this yet. Sounds good!

@ather Highly recommend any of the pillow balms but the banana just hits different. 🤣

Ohhhh July, how did you fly by so quickly?! I've been mainly keeping to a minimal makeup routine so my favorites for the month are from other beauty categories @Anna2BT..

July 2022 FavoritesJuly 2022 Favorites

Spoiler

The Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Adaptogens, and Coconut Water  was a surprise for me because I haven't historically had good luck with their mists. My skin, however, has responded very well to this new version. It's refreshing and hydrating - a great pick me up throughout the day.

I'm prone to redness on my cheeks and even more so in the summertime. Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 15 mL/ .50 fl oz ## is a go to for neutralizing redness. For certain spots, I can just use this in lieu of concealer to tone down or conceal discoloration from a healing pimple.

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Poppy # is silky, balmy and nourishing, with a lovely coral hint that even folks like myself who are scared of oranges can wear comfortably. I have some pigment to my lips and on me, this shows up more of a salmony-pink coral that adds depth and a lovely sheen to my lips.

No dreaded white cast with this mineral sunscreen. Instead, Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL # protects my skin while imparting a pretty, pearlescent, champagne-y glow. Great for those "no muss, no fuss" days, which seemed to pop up a lot this month

The soft, but the clean, crisp and zesty citrus-floral scent from NEST New York Seville Orange Perfume Oil Rollerball 0.20 oz / 6 mL # is refreshing and great for the warmer seasons. The longevity on this oil isn't as long as I'd like but it having it in a rollerball makes it easy peasy to reapply. This one layers beautifully with other fragrances, including Nest Madascar Vanilla, or if you like orange citrus scents, and I do, with Atelier Orange Sanguine which sadly is no longer available in North America.

My dehydrated skin is made instantly happy, hydrated and plumpy by this ROSE INC Mini Hydration Replenish Microencapsulated Plumping Gel Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 ml . I also love the soft, fresh, rose scent. 

It doesn't ever hurt to keep my hair off my face and neck, especially when hot, humid, muggy summer weather hits. These Slip Small Slipsilk™ Scrunchies Cheetah, Rose Gold, Maroon # do a great job of that without putting strain or pull on my strands, and they come in a variety of colors, prints and sizes to spruce up a simple ponytail or bun.

Happy National Lipstick Day, BIC! I see that I don't have a lipstick in this month's favorite. Hmmm... 🤔 Sounds like a lippie haul may be in order. 😆🛍

What a great group of favorites!! @itsfi 

@itsfi  Oooo great picture!! And great favs!! I haven’t tried the Saie sunvisor but I do use the slip tint and if it’s as good as slip tint I’m sure it’s great! Plus it’s protecting your skin!! I’m not surprised to see SF on your list although now I’m second guess why it’s not on mine 🧐 the others sound amazing I may need to add to my cart!! 

Thank you @ather❣️I think of the Saie lineup as small but mighty. It has a few products and they are all good! You’re reminding me I have the Slip Tint and need to get that back into my rotation more frequently. 

Oh goodness, there were so many product releases this month and last month, which made it a heck of a challenge to pick favorites between tried-and-true items and newer products. Summer Fridays Poppy is a beautiful lip balm and can be worn year round so I imagine it showing up in a monthly favorites at some point in the year if not this month.

IMG_20220729_115236549.jpg

                     July favorites 

I've been loving the Trader Joe's          sunscreen gifted to me by the                      incredible @SportyGirly125 💗😍

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’68 Beija Flor™ Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.01 oz / 240 mL  this is such a delicious scent! 

Kopari body butter is still a favorite going strong!! Initially gifted to me by @SportyGirly125 I now have backup from @Ispend2much6 which is close to being opened! 🤗💓 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Powder Foundation 340  where have you seriously been all my life powder foundation???  I used this initially as setting powder,,, oh wow has my routine changed,, now I know why @WinglessOne prefers powder foundation!!! 

tarte Shape Tape™ Concealer I've rediscovered this amazing concealer. A little goes a long way and its full coverage has been a great asset to my routine 

fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm Passionfruit I've almost hit pan on this lip balm, I love the way my lips feel with this product, and the scent is fabulous for a summer day

@lmaster  Oooo I’ve been on the hunt for a good powder foundation!!! I may need to try this out!!

@ather I've clearly been living under a rock! Powder foundation is my new love

@lmaster  Yes to powder foundation! It's especially good for oily skin, but even folks like me with mostly-dry combo skin (with an overactive oil slick in the middle of my face) can benefit from a powder that contains hydrating ingredients and won't cause dryness. I'm glad the Fenty powder works well for you! 

@WinglessOne what are your favorite powder foundations?? 

@lmaster  My favorite has finally been discontinued: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Compact powder foundation. It never leaves my dry skin looking cakey, doesn’t cling to dry patches (though I rarely have any thanks to my skincare routine, unless my skin’s in bad reaction recovery), can be sheered out or built up (I prefer a sheer to medium coverage), has a blurring effect, and is unscented. It also holds up well in my oily zone. I have a couple backups, but I can’t repurchase anymore unless By Terry relaunches it. ☹️ 

I still like Lancôme DUAL FINISH – Multi-tasking Longwear Powder Foundation but wish it wasn’t so fragranced. I recently fell in love with Becca Lightshifter powder as a sheer-medium foundation but, of course, that’s a discontinued product. Next week I’ll test bareMinerals BAREPRO 16-HR Skin-Perfecting Powder Foundation . I’d try their loose mineral powder foundation again if I could figure out which shade will work for me. 

Thank you so much for the info!! @WinglessOne 

@lmaster  I love that Fresh balm too.  Now I've got to check out the Fenty powder!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Anna2BT_0-1658507521732.jpeg
  • 58988723-7047-4943-A447-5AF112838BE1.jpeg
  • 96EC2199-C2D0-4433-A8E3-C481269A67F0.jpeg
  • July Faves.jpg
  • 20220728_131357.jpg
  • IMG_20220729_115236549.jpg
  • July 2022 Favorites
  • 8B1E4EFC-6680-458A-95CA-80389252FABD.jpeg
  • 89307096-9238-4E47-85DB-7CA422E77A3A.jpeg