cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: July 2022 Edition!

Anna2BT_0-1658507521732.jpeg

Happy July, Beauty Insider Community friends, and special shout out to my fellow Cancers 🦀 (if you’re into zodiac signs 😊). This month, my beauty theme has been glowy and protected! I have been naturally gravitating more towards sunscreens since getting so many awesome SPF-packed product recommendations in The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️ thread and found myself with four new sunscreens by the second week of July. 😂

To avoid listing a bunch of sunscreens, here is my favorite one out of the bunch along with my other monthly faves!

I have found a new power duo in the Milk Hydro Grip Primer and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Setting Spray. I paired the two together for the first time and my makeup was able to withstand hot and humid conditions all the way into the evening!

I have so many good things to say about these products, but to avoid getting too lengthy of a post feel free to ask me in the comments. 😉

What have been your July monthly favorites BIC? Were there any that sparked some real fireworks? 🎆 Hit ‘Reply’ down below and use the ‘#’ sign to tag your favorite products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: July 2022 Edition!

Summer in the city July favs. 🔥☀️ Easy breezy stuff. 

D9EE5457-6DE7-4236-98E3-9B4F99083F76.jpeg

La Mer The Hydrating Illuminator 1.4 oz/ 41 mL - on my list every month. Perfect. Lightweight glow. 

#Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - works with every tinted moisturizer or on it’s on. Love

Augustinus Bader The Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer - love all in one serum/ moisturizer that‘s not too much for summer yet enough. 

goop Mini GOOPGLOW Microderm Instant Glow Exfoliator 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - I love the gentle exfoliant that leaves me with the smoothest, moisturized feel afterwards. Dr B feels more intense and shiny whereas this one feels so soothing and soft yet nourished. It feels like you barely need a moisturizer but I still use one. 

Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion age defying exfoliator 2 oz/ 60 g - I’ve used this for so long and I love that it feels so minty fresh as it works, and even on my skin that’s a little bit sensitive as I’ve gotten older.  My skin always has such a soft glow and makeup is a breeze to apply. Feels so clean. 

rms beauty "Re" Dimension Hydra Powder Blush French Rosé - can’t stop raving about these blush/highlighters. So fresh and pretty for a pinker sunburnt blush look with a little shine. 

Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red and 508 Diana- my favorite Gucci lip for easy everyday wear, perfect consistency, scent and tint. 

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil 0.95 fl oz. / 28 mL - the best oil I’ve ever used to date with no breakouts nor too heavy. My hands and neck love it too. The gratis gift that keeps on giving , thank you again so much!  I won’t ever be without this oil! 

The Outset Nourishing Squalane Daily Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL - I tried this in store last month and it’s a wonderful light moisturizer with substance but not too much so. It really feels like it’s working and looks dewy. 

@Sunnysmom What a cute photo and variety of goodies! 🙂 I have yet to try that face primer oil from GXVE but I received it in the summer gratis and really need to give it a go. 

Thank you so much @QueenMarceline ! Yes give it a try. It’s pretty amazing and smells yummy I think! 

@Sunnysmom I definitely must, fall/winter is just around the corner that's usually when my oils come in handy 🙂

@QueenMarceline @Sunnysmom That GXVE oil is also one of my faves! Definitely give it a try 😍

What a terrific oil @Mcakes , they did such a nice job with it I think! I bet it’ll feel so moisturizing in the winter months. 

I feel like I keep coming back to this thread because I keep forgetting to add on items that I fell in love with this July. The following one is something that started off as a Project Pan item because I simply had it too long but I really heavily dug into it this July and compared it to other brands of shower/bath oils I have--and I really love this one. 

1508756.jpeg

The Dr. Teal's Lavender Moisturizing Bath & Body Oil

I love this product because it's truly a bargain and it also has an amazing hydrating effect on my legs both pre and post shaving. I've been incorporating an oil into my leg shaving routine for a while but I genuinely prefer this one over the others I've used so far. I did end up finishing this product in July and I repurchased it at the end of July. 

This looks lovely @QueenMarceline ! I've been looking for a new shower oil, thanks for the recommendation.

@Mcakes You're very welcome. Give it a go and tell me what you think 🙂

Dr. Teals bath products are really good and for a great price, @QueenMarceline

@curlychiquita I know! I've loved their epsom salts for what seems like forever but I'm genuinely impressed by the quality of the other products I've recently been trying from them. 

July is the Europe Edit! I limited myself to a carry-on and backpack for my 25-day trip, so a streamlined makeup routine was necessary.

Face: Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays Lightweight Foundation and Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Magic Hour 

Eyes: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (Iced Mocha), Essence Bye-Bye Panda Eyes Mascara, Urban Decay 24/7 liner (Demolition), Essence Make Me Brow, NYX Lift & Snatch brow pen

Lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil: Eye, Lip & Brow Pencil 508 Total Taupe , MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 1990 , and Glossier Balm Dotcom

0CE12BB5-C86C-41BB-BE7D-2B69CE6DF531.jpeg

Wowza you are a master packer @tastelikewater ! Such great products!

This is so cute @tastelikewater , and how fun even in the heat! Agree on some of these terrific favorites! 

@tastelikewater Great photo! I am excited to tey the mascara. Good to know you like it as I have it in my stash!

@tastelikewater Love seeing what people pack on trips, especially when space is limited. I feel like that always ends up showing me what the backbone of my routines are 🙂 

@QueenMarceline Absolutely, it was so helpful to limit myself to a small cosmetic case. And it was even harder because the countries I visited were so different in climate. Scotland fluctuated between 55-70 degrees, and Paris soared to 106!

@tastelikewater wow, thats definitely quite the temperature range so glad these all stood up to it! You did an amazing job, I tend to overpack no matter how hard I try to avoid it haha 🤣

July Favorites💖B8B09B60-934F-4C59-A0C3-F15A8D56318A.jpeg

Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo 

Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Conditioner  has made my hair feel so soft and shiny. They are so pricey but totally worth it!

Youth To The People Polypeptide-121 Future Firming + Hydrating Moisturizer 2 oz / 60 mL  is so hydrating and soothing.

The Ordinary Matrixyl* 10% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

is very hydrating and affordable.

I am addicted to LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Cherry Vanilla and LAWLESS Forget The Filler Overnight Lip Plumping Mask . They are so good❤️🍒

Ooohhh so many of my favorite things as well @faeriegirl 😍

157 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Anna2BT_0-1658507521732.jpeg
  • 58988723-7047-4943-A447-5AF112838BE1.jpeg
  • 96EC2199-C2D0-4433-A8E3-C481269A67F0.jpeg
  • July Faves.jpg
  • 20220728_131357.jpg
  • IMG_20220729_115236549.jpg
  • July 2022 Favorites
  • 8B1E4EFC-6680-458A-95CA-80389252FABD.jpeg