Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2022 Edition!

Monthly Favorites - February 2022Monthly Favorites - February 2022

Hello, February! 😍 It’s the season of love, and we enjoyed hearing how you all celebrated V-Day in @Kim888's thread: Happy Valentine’s Day 2022: Share your Plans, Looks and Decorations looks for V-day fun! Whether you spent it with a special someone, your family, your favorite gals and pals (or maybe your Valentine was the mail-person delivering your latest Sephora order? 🥰), I think we can all agree on one thing – our love for all things beauty is what unites us here in the BIC! So let’s talk February favorites!

Here are the products I’ve falling in love with this month (and in some cases, back in love!):

Tell us your February product loves! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you discovered (or rediscovered) this month? Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2022 Edition!

My February favorites consist primarily of tried-and-true products, along with two recent discoveries.
February 2022 FavoritesFebruary 2022 Favorites

Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation  a full-spectrum physical/mineral sunscreen foundation in one. I typically like to keep my SFP and foundation separate but this one 2-in-1 has been winning me over. It's lightweight, easy to apply, has a tint (without that greige hue) that evens out my complexion (I'll use concealer to cover up anything that this doesn't adequately conceal), adds a non-greasy glow to my complexion, and does not sting my eyes. It's my "go to" for low-key days when it's just this and a tinted lip balm. I also love that this makes reapplying SPF quick and easy. I'll be picking up another one of these during the spring sale in the next shade up for my summer shade.

The pairing of The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb has been a dynamic duo in my fight against winter dryness for, oh gosh, the last 3, maybe 4, years now. This combination is part of my skincare routine from late fall to early spring. The rosehip oil, in particular, is a staple in my collection - if my skin is acting up for whatever reason -  weather, food allergy, maskne, bad reaction to a new skincare product, etc. - this is one of the oils I reach for to reset my skin.  @AlexBT, I looooove the LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - it's been my go-to morning moisturizer for over a year now, a repeated repurchase!

I was curious when I heard about the main notes in this limited edition Diptyque Eau Rose Eau De Parfum - rose, litchi, chamomile and artichoke. I normally shy away from LE fragrances because what if I love it and am unable to get my hands on it again?! But I was still very curious about this collab between Diptyque and Los Angeles, CA floral designer, Maurice Harris.  I was able to sample the scent on one of those fragrance blotter strips and found it to be very pretty, fresh rose scent with a twist of green, earthy, floral and  crisp notes blended in. I placed the tester strip in my purse and I didn't think anything of it again (other than it being really lovely scent that I enjoyed) until the next day when I picked up this divine scent from my handbag as I headed out the door. I just kept being enamored with the scent whenever I reached for my purse and that sealed the deal for me. Love the unique combination of notes in this rose fragrance.

I purchased 3 different shades of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Vegan Hydrating Satin Lipstick, including this SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Vegan Hydrating Satin Lipstick Plumeria shade (described as a plum nude) after stalking the site for it to become available. It applies and wears comfortably, and there's a nice range of colors to chooser from. I like all 3 of the shades I picked up, and plan to purchase more colors from this collection during the spring sale, but Plumeria was the one I found myself reaching for most often last month.

Favorite BIC post: I haven't been posting a lot to the 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell ... - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) thread for a while, but I have been checking out what y'all have shared, and I've bookmarked it so I can come back to it. It's been great going through everyone's post and I've been taking note of some fantastic ideas that I hope to implement throughout the year for my own self-care. Thank you, BIC! 

@itsfi ,

Beautiful photo!  The Diptyque Eau Rose looks so interesting!  I'm always excited to hear about mineral sunscreens!  The Tower 28 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation looks worth trying!

Thank you @tsavorite! 😊 I’m bummed the Diptyque rose scent is LE but at the same time, I don’t foresee myself going through the bottle anytime soon. 😆 

I think there have been some new innovations in the chemical or hybrid sunscreen space but I’m partial to the physical / mineral ones. Do you have any “go to” or favorite mineral sunscreens? 

@itsfi ,

I'm still searching for a favorite physical/mineral sunscreen!  I will let you know when I decide on a winner.    

I have been cheating by largely staying out of the sun...  I have had a history of bad skin allergy problems with chemical sunscreens.

Lovely products @itsfi - I’ve sampled Eau Rose and it’s just a beautiful rose scent.

Great favorites addition of the BIC thread as well - a nice call-out and reminder for self-care.

@newcarlee, thank you! Self-care can easily get pushed to the back burner and I appreciated so much what folks shared - lots of good insights in that thread. Going to try to be better at self-care this year!

@itsfi I can't wait to try out that Tower 28 tinted SPF.  I usually like my SPF separate as well, but I figure I can always still add a layer under this?  I had a flash to the Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Beauty Balm SPF 40 when you mentioned the greige hue.  I actually never minded it, but I'm looking forward to finding a shade in the T28!  So glad to hear you like it (Immmmma just copy all your skincare loves now)

@missjeanie, yes, yes, yes, sunscreen can be layered under the T28 tinted sunscreen foundation. I've tried a few different ones with it - chemical, physical and hybrid formulation and the ones I've used have not pilled at all. I'll be curious what you think of the T28. 

@itsfi wonderful favorites!! The perfume sounds excellent!!

@lmaster, I wouldn't have thought of the combination of notes but they really blend together beautifully! 😍

@itsfi  Omg!!! You don’t know how happy I am to see the tower 28 on your favs list!!! I have been dying to try it. They don’t carry it on the Canadian site as of yet but I think soon. Maybe April. As soon as it launches I’m definitely picking it up!!! If it’s on your favs list than I know it must be good!!!!

@ather, I hope Tower 28 makes its way to Canada soon. 🤞🏼 I think you’d like the consistency of it and the coverage too. The tint isn’t heavy; brought to help even out the complexion a bit. And it’ has a mineral SPF too! So many things to love about this one! 😍

The artichoke in the Diptique sounds particularly intriguing, @itsfi. Sounds like picking up a generously sized bottle was the right choice!

@eshoe, the artichoke is definitely not something I see often in fragrances; this was a first for me, but it paired beautifully with the other notes. 

@itsfi  🙌🏼BELIF🙌🏼

Also, good point about LE fragrances.  Sometimes you can hunt them down on fragrance discount sites, though 🤞🏼🤞🏼

@danielledanielle, the belif has become a staple. 💙 I have been seeing this moisturizing bomb in a tube form and will have to compare the INCI lists on both to see if it’s just the container that is different or if there’s been a reformulation.

@itsfi , did not know about the tube.  Just re-read your post, hope it's not a reformulation 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Love the pic and your favs @itsfi ! Don’t you just love the fragrance!! I haven’t worn the original so don’t know how it compares but I can not stop sniffing myself ! Lol I know you’re loving these lippies if we’re seeing multiples. 🤓🥰

@Sunnysmom, thank you! That’s the sign of a good fragrance - when you can’t stop sniffing yourself. 😆 The original version is pretty, but the notes in this LE one give it a little extra something. 

@itsfi Gorgeous picture and picks.

@SportyGirly125, thank you. These products stood out in February. 

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Monthly Favorites - February 2022
  • BAC2A6FC-E407-4C33-9F1B-1E5EAED38CE3.jpeg
  • C21E5A6A-9E09-409D-B6AD-D50149C6BD37.jpeg
  • 190821BA-228C-4364-863D-CA0A397D69EB.jpeg
  • 2F9EB835-2304-449F-A128-17495C659325.jpeg
  • february favorites.jpg
  • february favorites atelier.jpg
  • 20220226_163751.jpg
  • 6560EBED-F97C-4176-92B6-D56D0163FFF2.jpeg