Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Get ready! Brand founder Kate Somerville will be here on Thursday, August 9 to answer your skincare questions, live. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to chat acne, oil control, and more. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@erinfromca Shoot away, I love the questions!  I would suggest DermalQuench Liquid Lift applied directly on the lids to hydrate, plump, and diminish the appearance of crepey skin around the eye.

xo Kate

Kate Somerville DermalQuench® Hyaluronic Acid Hydration Treatment 2.5 oz

My primary concern is blackheads, but my skin feels more dry than oily and is somewhat sensitive. Also concerned with sun damage, fine lines, and dull complexion. Currently using an aha/bha acid and the goat's milk moisturizer. Looking to ramp up my skincare regimen. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you so much!!

@tshae80 Start with a good exfoliator, like our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment! twice a week! This will help to melt away dead skin cells and improve a dull complexion. A retinol product like Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz will also help with fine lines and textural issues, while providing hydration! Finally, the Goat Milk Moisturizer you're already using will help soothe and hydrate the skin. 

Xo, Kate

Any suggestions to control Acne. How often should a person exfoliate?

@Vilasinee Our EradiKate Collection is the best for acne-prone skin! The daily cleanser is gentle yet effective, and the spot treatment is a game changer. Using a great exfoliant, like my KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment twice a week will help remove dead skin cells and improve the texture and tone of your skin. 

Xo, Kate

Hi Kate! Long time exfolikate user. I am in my early 40s and have developed acne in the last year or two. it's mainly on my forehead, perimeter of face and even my upper back. I'm rarely oily, tend to be dry and flakey from acne treatments. it's a vicious cycle that I have difficulty getting in balance. please help!

@lexs That's exactly what you need- balance! Start with a good exfoliator, like our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment twice a week to melt away dead skin cells and improve the texture of overly dry areas. Next, a nightly retinol like Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz will help with cell turnover as well as giving the skin hydration! All of this will contribute to helping with blemishes and dryness. 

Xo, Kate

Hi! I usually have oily skin and a lot of blackheads that refuse to leave. I know I should exfoliate more. however, I find that no matter what moisturizer I use, I still end up super oily during the day. I make sure to drink water but it doesn't stop my mother from swiping at my oil nose and forehead. any tips?

@tfran268  Right on the money! You should use ExfoliKate Intensive twice a week and add our Oil-Free Moisturizer, which has mattifying properties to keep you shine free and swipe free 😉 xo Kate

KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Anonymous Insider

Hi kate would love to know what is your top favorite skincare product from your own line?

@ClaudiaCarta Well, I always have to choose my top 2!!! ExfoliKate Treatment and Deep Tissue Repair Moisturizer are my all time favorite products. I can't live without them. Xo, Kate

Kate Somerville Peptide K8™ Power Cream

Hi Kate!  I’m 42 and hormones are changing the way my skin reacts to products - it’s more sensitive than it used to be to all the actives I need to not look dull, tired, and saggy.  I get redness now when I try to use retinols, some acids, and even Vit C, so I’ve shifted away from the more clinical lines like yours to more botanical lines for soothing.  But then after a few weeks I just look so dull it’s depressing!  Any suggestions for anti-aging sensitve and reactive skin?  I can’t use Goat Milk due to the lactic (makes me peel).  Should I stagger what I use day to day?  I’m thinking to maybe try Age Arrest serum next.  Does that sound good?  I tried Restore8 yesterday and looked nice and bright but then red by bedtime. 😞

Also, PLEASE reconsider discontinuing Quench Oil Free serum!!  It was holy grail status for avoiding monthly breakouts.  I miss it terribly!

Thanks!

@erinfromca You are preaching to the choir with me! I have eczema, dry, and sensitive skin.  Here is my personal routine.  I hope it works for you too!

Gentle Daily Was AM/PM

DermalQuench Liquid Lift AM

Deep Tissue Repair Cream AM/PM

ExfoliKate Intensive, twice/week - do not scrub heavily, leave on and allow the acids to work, massaging gently. Rosewood Oil will help with redness and irritation. 

Everything I have suggested here is active, but it won't over stimulate. Remember to keep it simple.

xo Kate

Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash 4 oz/ 118 mL

Kate Somerville Peptide K8™ Power Cream

Kate Somerville DermalQuench® Hyaluronic Acid Hydration Treatment 2.5 oz

Thank you!  I tried a Deep Tissue sample a while back but felt like I needed more moisture.  What serum would you layer under it that’s anti aging but won’t cause redness/sensitivity?  Question 3 now, lol... thank you!!!  Such an amazing opportunity to pick your brain - I think you and Perricone rule all skincare. 🙂

Hello, how can I determine what kind of skin I have? It's normal, for the most part, but when I wake up, my face is like and oil slick. I'm really trying to commit to better skin care, but I dont know where to start. Thank you 💖💖

@Sotoria Keep it simple! 4 steps to life- long beautiful skin.

1. ExfoliKate Cleanser - AM/PM to keep pores clean and skin clear 

2. ExfoliKate Intensive, twice a week . This is a scrub and mask in one to remove dead skin cells, smooth skin texture, and increase radiance.

3. Oil-Free Moisturizer, You need to hydrate, which is really important to help skin stay balanced. This one has as a natural mattifier and anti-aging ingredients to keep skin young.  

4. Sunscreen  - Keep it UncompliKated SPF50! Great for oily skins.

xo Kate

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

KATE SOMERVILLE - UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

I have oily but sensitive and acne prone skin. However, when I use a product that irritates my skin, it all turns super dry. What mask do you recommend?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

@MERRYXMAS2K17 Getting your skin in balance is key! Start with gentle exfoliating using our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Gentle Exfoliating Treatment once a week for 30 seconds. If your skin is tolerant, you can work up to 2 minutes! Then, use a good moisturizer like our Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to really hydrate but balance the skin. Your skin will be happier, and balanced! 

Xo, Kate

Hi Kate! Thank you for your time today! My question is as follows: I am a 36 yo woman with very pale, sensitive skin. I have rosacea and undereye bags that never go away.... I work overnight shifts. What skincare and beauty products would you recommend for me to address my redness and eye bags? I use prescription strength retinol right now also. Thanks again! Have a blessed day everyone!

What’s the best way to spot treat skin (to reduce redness ) AFTER having a pimple / scar from pimple ? 

@hawksrule a product like our new KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate® Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment is amazing for improving skin after a blemish because it contains retinol. This overnight acne treatment keeps skin clear while also turning over skin cells to improve the texture caused by acne scars. It's amazing!

Xo, Kate

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpg
  • Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo
testing