cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome to the BIC @AmandaAbbott !

@AmandaAbbott Hi 👋! You have found the best place to discuss all thinga beauty. Welcome ☺️

@AmandaAbbott Welcome to BIC!

Thank you for this cause I’m new so hello to all the BIC beauties 

Welcome to the BIC @Campthebest !

Hello @TeamBIC and welcome! 💗

Hello and welcome!  @Campthebest 🌟💚

Hey 

@Campthebest Welcome to BIC!

Thanks 

Hi everyone!  Nice to e-meet you all!  I'm new here and so excited to join this wonderful group of beauty enthusiasts.  Looking forward to learning all the best beauty tips and product advice from you all, and I'm eager to share my own experiences as well!  A bit about me: I have combination skin, a love for natural beauty and a weakness for skin brightening products.  If I could splurge on any beauty product this season it would be La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizer.  Would love to hear if you think this product is worth it or if there are better products for less.

Welcome to the BIC @Soyabean123 !

I have tried it several times and it does feel great and is effective but it is way overpriced.

@Soyabean123 Hello 👋! Welcome to BIC. I have tried the la mer. It is good. Right now I am enjoying the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit and I am enjoying it.

I think there are great options across all the price ranges @Soyabean123 if La Mer is not in your budget there are other great moisturizers out there.

I don't know your skin's specific concerns so these might not be a good match for you, I mostly know dry mature skin from personal experience. 😉

$ The INKEY List Bio-Active Ceramide Repairing and Plumping Moisturizer + Barrier Strengthening 1.7 oz... 

$$ Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream 1 oz/ 28 g 

$$$ Peter Thomas Roth Peptide Skinjection™ Moisture Infusion Refillable Cream  

$$🤑$$ Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer 

I do agree with the advice below, getting your hands on a sample can help you decide. And you don't need to spend oodles to get great results.

Thanks so much!!

@Soyabean123 Welcome to BIC!

I would try a sample of La Mer before buying it. I do think it is overpriced for what it is. I only bought it a couple of times because it was in a set but have been given samples of it. 

Thanks so much for your advice!

Happy Monday to all of you BIC beauties! My name is Lacy and I am new to BIC, and if I am being real honest, I am new to make up as well. Growing up, make up wasn’t allowed. My siblings and I, didn’t have parents that wanted to, yanno…be parents. I only ever wore mascara. I am a mama of three (all adults now) and a Nana to four grandbabies. I am a Stage 4 breast cancer survivor. It was, and remains the hardest journey of my life. I dont know how or why I got so lucky but I am forever grateful! With chemo, cancer & radiation I lost my hair (it came back and feels fried) I lost my brows (approx 15 hairs came back above each eye)  I also aged approximately 10-15 years in 3.5-4 years time. My favorite is when others say those things are superficial and hey at least you’re alive. And in a lot of ways I do agree. I know I will never get the old Lacy back again. However, I am going to have one hell of a time honing, learning & creating the new Lacy. Sadly, I am going to need ALL the help I can get. If I could splurge on anything beauty related, it would be on classes. Learning what products I actually need for my areas of concern, skin type etc. and how to apply said products. In the meantime, thank you all for taking the time to read my story. I apologize for being long winded. Please feel free to reach out with any advice, tips, tricks, product suggestions, super helpful classes, videos etc. I would be forever grateful. I have however picked up some products that I do love. I am obsessed with Drunk Elephant skincare line, I stock up on Sol de janeiro body sprays, Dior La mousse facial wash, Too faced better than sex mascara, urban decay brow blade 2-1 eyebrow pen & waterproof pencil, and of course the Sephora Collection, anything else is to be continued…..

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 Drunk Elephant Hydra and the Bright™ Serum Duo Sol de Janeiro Beijos de Sol Perfume Mist 3.04 oz / 90 mL Sol de Janeiro Perfume Mist Discovery Set, Dior La Mousse OFF/ON Foaming Face Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL, Urban Decay Brow Blade 2-in-1 Eyebrow Pen + Waterproof Pencil, SEPHORA COLLECTION Vitamin Face Masks 

@Portcitygirl, I am so happy to hear you have come through tough times and are ready to start a new chaptwr. This is a wonderful place with a lot of helpful and positive members. Welcome ☺️💕

We are so happy to have you join us here @Portcitygirl, and a huge welcome to you! 🩷

You've gotten some great advice already and I hope you keep us in the loop on how any makeup classes go if you try any. 

Like others mentioned below, YouTube has sooooo many great tutorials out there, it sometimes just takes time too find the ones that click for you.

@CynthieLu 
Good Morning and thank you for your response. I absolutely love this group! I never knew you could book these classes until another poster suggested it. I plan to book a couple classes for next week. I am super excited to see how they turn out. I will take pics and keep you posted on my travels and classes ❤️

testing