cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Happy Monday to all of you BIC beauties! My name is Lacy and I am new to BIC, and if I am being real honest, I am new to make up as well. Growing up, make up wasn’t allowed. My siblings and I, didn’t have parents that wanted to, yanno…be parents. I only ever wore mascara. I am a mama of three (all adults now) and a Nana to four grandbabies. I am a Stage 4 breast cancer survivor. It was, and remains the hardest journey of my life. I dont know how or why I got so lucky but I am forever grateful! With chemo, cancer & radiation I lost my hair (it came back and feels fried) I lost my brows (approx 15 hairs came back above each eye)  I also aged approximately 10-15 years in 3.5-4 years time. My favorite is when others say those things are superficial and hey at least you’re alive. And in a lot of ways I do agree. I know I will never get the old Lacy back again. However, I am going to have one hell of a time honing, learning & creating the new Lacy. Sadly, I am going to need ALL the help I can get. If I could splurge on anything beauty related, it would be on classes. Learning what products I actually need for my areas of concern, skin type etc. and how to apply said products. In the meantime, thank you all for taking the time to read my story. I apologize for being long winded. Please feel free to reach out with any advice, tips, tricks, product suggestions, super helpful classes, videos etc. I would be forever grateful. I have however picked up some products that I do love. I am obsessed with Drunk Elephant skincare line, I stock up on Sol de janeiro body sprays, Dior La mousse facial wash, Too faced better than sex mascara, urban decay brow blade 2-1 eyebrow pen & waterproof pencil, and of course the Sephora Collection, anything else is to be continued…..

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 Drunk Elephant Hydra and the Bright™ Serum Duo Sol de Janeiro Beijos de Sol Perfume Mist 3.04 oz / 90 mL Sol de Janeiro Perfume Mist Discovery Set, Dior La Mousse OFF/ON Foaming Face Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL, Urban Decay Brow Blade 2-in-1 Eyebrow Pen + Waterproof Pencil, SEPHORA COLLECTION Vitamin Face Masks 

@Portcitygirl, I am so happy to hear you have come through tough times and are ready to start a new chaptwr. This is a wonderful place with a lot of helpful and positive members. Welcome ☺️💕

We are so happy to have you join us here @Portcitygirl, and a huge welcome to you! 🩷

You've gotten some great advice already and I hope you keep us in the loop on how any makeup classes go if you try any. 

Like others mentioned below, YouTube has sooooo many great tutorials out there, it sometimes just takes time too find the ones that click for you.

@CynthieLu 
Good Morning and thank you for your response. I absolutely love this group! I never knew you could book these classes until another poster suggested it. I plan to book a couple classes for next week. I am super excited to see how they turn out. I will take pics and keep you posted on my travels and classes ❤️

That sounds fun and exciting 😄 @Portcitygirl I would love if you share that adventure with us!  And if you pick up and tips and tricks I think we'd be all ears. 😉 

Welcome to the BIC @Portcitygirl !  Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you the best on your beauty journey!  I have learned so many tips and tricks from this community, YouTube and TikTok. 

@Portcitygirl Welcome to BIC!

loved your story and if you can book hands on makeup classes at a beauty counter that would be best. If not, watching YouTube videos can help. Sephora has a bunch of tutorials online. 

@SportyGirly125 

Hi and thank you for your kind words and great information. I had no idea that Sephora books hands on classes. Hmm who knew😂 I swear, I don’t live under a rock 🤦‍♀️ I am very much a hands on learner. I’ve tried to watch videos on YouTube but, my awesome ADHD kicks in and my brain checks out. I am however very interested in what classes Sephora has to offer, I will be do some research after sending this message. Thank you again, so very much! 

@Portcitygirl You can also go to Nordstrom and see if they have any classes you could take as well

@Portcitygirl welcome, Lacy, we're happy to have you here 😊.  Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself--you've definitely had a journey!  It sounds like you've made a big comeback and I'm glad that you've found a place here with us ❤️.

@CookieGirl1 

Thank you for the warm welcome & the kind words. I can’t wait to see what BIC has to offer, building friendships and learning all there is to know about the beauty world. Lol. Thank you again❤️

Hi my name is Emily! I’m getting married in June and am looking into my makeup and skincare journey. I live in Oregon but am originally from California ! If I were to splurge on any product it would be a sugar scrub, hydrating moisturizer or some glycolic acid for my dark spots Jack Black Deep Dive™ Glycolic Facial Cleanser 5 oz/ 147 mL  Herbivore Nova 15% Vitamin C + Turmeric Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  KORA Organics Mini Turmeric Glow Foaming Cleanser 1 oz / 30 ml 

@Emiboricua96 Welcome and congratulations 🎊! This is so exciting. Will you be doing your own makeup for your wedding?

Congratulations 🎉 and welcome! @Emiboricua96 

Welcome to the BIC @Emiboricua96 ! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

@Emiboricua96 Hi Emily, welcome!  I live in Oregon, too :).  Congrats on your upcoming wedding--maybe it's a good excuse to treat yourself to one of your splurge items 😉.

@Emiboricua96 Welcome to BIC! congratulations on your wedding next month. 

My name is Hadassah hey everyone 😁 I’m new to this beauty community, although I have been shopping on Sephora for the longest time since im

obsessed  with makeup and hair care and skincare. If I could splurge on one thing(I’m broke tho so it’s not happening 😂) it would be the #dysonairwrap, because a few months ago I impulsively cut my hair to a bob because I was feeling insecure and I needed to change something lol. Now I’m trying to grow my hair back, I’ve gotten super into hair care and stuff, and my hairs a lob now(I cut it in December) , and I really need a styling tool that isn’t damaging so that’s why I really want the Dyson. 

@hadassahb Welcome to BIC Hadassah! All the best on your hair journey. I cut my hair short and grew it out. My go to hair too right now is the Babybliss round brush that blows hot air. It is great for styling or touching up my hair ☺️

Oh sounds like a great affordable option! Or more affordable than Dyson at least lol. How long did it take your hair to grow back? 

Welcome to BIC! @hadassahb 💖

Growing out a short cut can take some time, and patience. I like your idea of focusing on hair care during your grow out process. Have you picked up and need tipss or tricks? 

testing