Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Wrong samples received

I placed an order on 06/28/17 and when I received it I noticed that none of the free samples that I had selected were shipped to me. Instead I received three completely different samples. 

The time before this this that I placed an online order I didn't receive any samples at all. I'm not sure if anyone else has been experiencing problems with their online orders or if it's just me. I placed another order two days ago and I hope this one finally arrives correct. 

Tags:

Re: Wrong samples received

They should just do it like Ulta and call it a sample pack.  Or if they let us pick them at least try and get two out of three right.  

Oh it is so so annoying. I just received again completely different samples too.I do not want curly hair products. They sent me one of that. I hate perfumes. they sent me one of them which I have a few already. All the samples just went into the bin. In this case I would actually have preferred not to receive any samples. Why offer samples then? They always send me foundations which absolutely do not match my skin tone. It just makes it look like "Here just take this if you want free stuff". I actually really want an option where you can say I don't want any samples.

@veens I think you can just neglect to pick samples if you don't want any...I haven't tried it, though.

I also have two bins where I keep my unwanted samples.  I give them to friends.

@greeneyedgirl107  I tried not selecting anything. That does't work all the time. lol. They still sent me samples those I didn't care for. 🙂 I don't know to be happy that they are nice and sending samples or should feel bad that they are wasting them.

@veens Ohhh!  I had no idea they still sent them.  I can see how people would not want any samples at all, especially if they are eco-conscious.  If you get enough of a hoard of samples, you could always sell them on eBay or donate them to a shelter or something.

yeah it's happened to me a lot. they say they make replacements when a sample is out of stock, but ive had it happen on a sample that was still in stock online a week after my order was delivered. they just don't care. the worst is when they give you men's samples, that's happened to me several times. what am I supposed to do with men's samples??? 

That's the most annoying of them all... Once I received 3 men perfume samples... As if receiving a men sample wasn't bad enough... It was a perfume on top of that... So much worse!

xxsour wrote:

yeah it's happened to me a lot. they say they make replacements when a sample is out of stock, but ive had it happen on a sample that was still in stock online a week after my order was delivered. they just don't care. the worst is when they give you men's samples, that's happened to me several times. what am I supposed to do with men's samples??? 

I've seen this happen to me before and it is very disappointing. And I totally agree on the men's samples. Those are definitely samples that I have absolutely no use for and they go right in the garbage. Such a waste. 

@xxsour yes!  I loathe the mens samples!

It happens all the time. I don't know why sephora evens gives folks the illusion of picking samples anymore, as the warehouse is going to throw whatever they want in your box (if they bother to give you any samples at all). 

They really should do like ulta, and just move to letting you select a category of samples. At least maybe that way, I could opt out of things like foundation and primers as I never wear them (but seemingly get as my samples all the time, even though I never select them...) and folks with scent sensitivities could avoid the fragrance samples.

Agreed. The illusion that you get to choose the samples is what's really annoying. There was a time when you could count on getting the samples that you individually selected with a few exceptions here and there. But over the last year or two, it's been a complete change. I rarely even bother to give much thought to what I'm selecting at check out now because I know I won't be getting those three picks anyway. 

That's been happening to me lately as well. I'm wondering if they were out of my selected samples by the time my order was packed up.

Conversation Stats
testing