Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

For as long as I can remember, I've had these tiny bumps that gather around the inner corner of my eye and along my dark circles. I really, really hate them! They kind of look like chicken skin, but they don't really feel bumpy or anything. I've seen pictures of milia, and that is definitely not what I have. These little bumps don't ever go away and they never move. Some people say that they've started to notice this chicken skin under their eyes as they aged, but I'm a Sophomore and I've had this problem my whole life! I've done a little research, and so far all of the fixes have been really complicated and confusing. Please give me a solution! I like to take good care of my skin, but I'd much rather just buy a lotion or something than see a dermatologist. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

CE8123CC-488E-4F72-B864-52101132A85B.jpeg

 yeah i have the same thing too and its my biggest insecurity because from far they look like dark circles and it’s annoying. Someone please help ive tried glycolic acid, lightening creams, and exfoliated for a while now. If you have any Any answers please let me know because im desperate now

Try cocoa butter

I've been trying aloe vera for mine and it's slowly working 

I have the exact same problem so I feel you. Have you gotten any product recommendations since you commented? 

Hi, I hope you are doing ok today. I can imagine how uncomfortable that must feel. I used to have really bad eczema under my eyes when I was in my early 20s. I am in my early 30s now. The product I have attached will work miracles.

I’ve had the same issue and I have even paid for them to removed (which cost around $600 and was painful)  I’ve done it once, so I needed another treatment but I haven’t went back. So I had a few left so I was trying everything and I swear to god I never thought this would work but it did!!!! The Mario badescu buffering lotion!! Which cost under $30 I believe. I would highly recommend doing this it literally took a week. #bumps #milia #bumpsundereyes #skin

This is an old chain but I went to the dermatologist for this same issue today thinking these were milia under my eyes.  She told me they are Fordyce spots.  They are going to scrape them for me tomorrow but I had to pay out of pocket and they will likely come back.  You can get them lasered too which is more effective.  They are often genetic but they can be linked to high cholesterol or hormone changes.  Derm recommended low processed low glycemic index diet with little to no artificial sweeteners and complex carbs only.  Which is something I should do anyway (I have pcos).  I've had these for years and im only 36.  I wish I had asked sooner.  They are normal though and nothing is guaranteed to get rid of them forever.  You can reduce the appearance of them with some products.

20200727_160440.jpg

They can scrape them?? For years Ive been searching for a solution and all Ive seen is drink water and cover it up. Did it work?

I have these too. Even with laser therapy there is a very high percentage that they'll come back. I'm just learning to deal with them. I don't use concealer on my eyes and I only use tinred serum around my eyes, even if I use a different foundation. And I add eye gel to any makeup going over them. It helps! 

Hi - why don’t you use concealer under eyes? Does that make it worse somehow? And what tinted serum do you use?

Anonymous Insider

Hi!! I would love to talk to you about this.. I think it’s what I have but worse and No one can tell me what to do!!

Anonymous Insider

Everyone needs to read this: 

they’re skin textural accentuations. Some people are more predisposed to larger STA than others. Some don’t have any. It depends on your age, hydration levels and genetics. Period. That’s it. They’ll never go away. Nothing can cure this unless you want to opt for a fat transfer to attempt to plump the hollows to fill over the STAs. However, much of the fat will be filtered out by your body and the exact of fat left to grow is unknown. Also a rather risky procedure if it’s injected unevenly - there’s no taking it out. 

bottom line: social media mad everyone insecure af with their fake photos. 

What you’re seeing is normal. You’ll die with them under your eyes. We all will. The faster you learn to accept them, realize you’re not alone and no one cares about them, the better off you’ll be in life. 

It seems like really rich and famous people dont have as much of a problem with this though. 🤔Its so frustrating to think theres no solution.  

Anonymous Insider

I've had the exact same problem. I've had them for as long as I can remember and I'm currently 17. A couple of years ago on one of my eyes, they had disappeared but a month or so later it came back. I've learned to just deal with it but It would be great to get rid of them.

Anonymous Insider

I have had this same issue for years and after I started using The Inkey List BHA I noticed that they disappeared in about 3 weeks! 46D6CDEC-99CF-4483-9C2A-266E1BDA4BD0.jpeg
The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Anonymous Insider

Its the inkey list bha not the tagged salycilic here right? Put on at night?

Anonymous Insider

Hey! I actually did mean the serum, it wasn’t letting me tag it for some reason. I’ll try to fix it. 

I am confused. Which product is the one you're reccomending? @Anonymous 

Anonymous Insider

The BHA serum, although any BHA or salicylic acid would probably work. 

Anonymous Insider

Can’t tell if you’re real or just a Sephora bot that promotes their products here. 

Anonymous Insider

Well... I’m real. I have no reason to promote other than that the results actually worked. 

testing