Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

For as long as I can remember, I've had these tiny bumps that gather around the inner corner of my eye and along my dark circles. I really, really hate them! They kind of look like chicken skin, but they don't really feel bumpy or anything. I've seen pictures of milia, and that is definitely not what I have. These little bumps don't ever go away and they never move. Some people say that they've started to notice this chicken skin under their eyes as they aged, but I'm a Sophomore and I've had this problem my whole life! I've done a little research, and so far all of the fixes have been really complicated and confusing. Please give me a solution! I like to take good care of my skin, but I'd much rather just buy a lotion or something than see a dermatologist. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

Any update? I also suffer from these! 

I started using Peter Thomas Roth's FirmX Collagen Eye Cream and it has made my spots far less notice. Plus I've been dabbing a little Good Molecules Yerba Mate eye gel mixed either with my foundation or with my eye primer, dabbing a little over top of my foundation. It seems that keeping my under eyes hydrates with my makeup, I get a nice dewy look and no noticeable bumps.

The only real cure is to get laser treatment because it's ulcerated glands unlike Milia which is on top of the skin. I even used skin tag oil at night before bed and it made no difference. (It's basically the exact contents as the home remedies. Tea tree oil being the main ingredient.) 

Hope this was helpful! 

@JLew42, I have the same glands underneath the inner corner of my eyes. I saw a dermatologist who suggest a consultation for laser treatment to reduce/resurface them. I never inquired. Around the same time, Vichy came out with Mineral 89 for Eyes and it has done wonders for that area by reducing the appearance of the glands. I use it as a serum, then apply eye cream. If you learn of other solutions, I'd be interested to hear about them.

You must have milia then. I tried for over a month and nothing. Spoke to my dermatologist and she said there really isn't much outside of laser therapy that will get rid of Fordyce Spots. They're ulcerated glands. Thanks for trying though! I'm really glad it helped you. 😊

I replied to OP as well - but this Inkey Beta Hydroxy Gel has worked for me VERY well and I am just 6 days into using it. It has also made the rest of my skin look great too and I am not at ALL a makeup or "product" user. 

I replied to OP, if you can see that. 😊

They're Fordyce spots or syringomas..

Definitely not Milia.

Hope this helps.

Hh

I used these acne spot patches on mine and it significantly reduced the whiteheads, milia, whatever they are. The hudrocolloid patches got up so much white sebum. Have had gynecologist days it’s normal skin but def want to try lazer treatment. 

Anonymous Insider

DBA558A8-392E-42B6-BAB5-43C63DEDA2F2.jpeg

Brad Cooper - 2002 // 2019. Makes ya feel a little better?

Yes! I've had the same thing my whole life! I've noticed as I've gotten older, the bumps have become larger, more dispersed, and elevated. I'm not sure if its from sun damage or age, but overall I take very good care of my skin and have no other skin problems aside from this. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.35.56 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

I had one for around 3-5 years. I hate it because it is on my skin just close to the up-eyelid. The good thing is it disappeared recently after I restrict what I eat. I don't use any treatments. It is related to the food you eat every day.

What foods did stop eating I’m going to 8th grade and the bumps are happening all around my eyes and I’ve always taken care of my skin and I never had this problem please help me 

@Anonymous Yes, that would be helpful to know what you changed in your diet! I have an appointment with a dermatologist coming up to evaluate the bumps. Hopefully it is an easy fix. 

I know this is an old comment but it would be so helpful if you replied. what did you restrict where it went away?

Anonymous Insider

do ur ingrown eyelashes not poke ur eyes?? i have to constantly pluck mine out or they’ll be bothering me, so annoying! 

haha no! I've plucked them before for aesthetic reasons but I've never had an issue with ingrown eyelashes 

Anonymous Insider

Loss of volumes. Just genetics. No big. Most people have them. 

Anonymous Insider

It's Sebaceous hyperplasia. Hereditary and you just have to cover it up, it seems

I saw it mentioned here (I think?) a couple times when these were bugging me, so I tried The Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension and it is making a difference! They're not totally gone yet but there's a lot fewer of them. 

testing