Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

For as long as I can remember, I've had these tiny bumps that gather around the inner corner of my eye and along my dark circles. I really, really hate them! They kind of look like chicken skin, but they don't really feel bumpy or anything. I've seen pictures of milia, and that is definitely not what I have. These little bumps don't ever go away and they never move. Some people say that they've started to notice this chicken skin under their eyes as they aged, but I'm a Sophomore and I've had this problem my whole life! I've done a little research, and so far all of the fixes have been really complicated and confusing. Please give me a solution! I like to take good care of my skin, but I'd much rather just buy a lotion or something than see a dermatologist. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

I have these same bumps, but I don't wear makeup, and never have. The bumps have been present for me for a long time (so at least in my case) I don't think it's caused by heavy creams or eye makeup. 

Anonymous Insider

Xanthelasma is what I believe I have. Except for mine are not white or yellow, it's more like a beige ish color and are on the inside corners of both my eyelids and under my eyes. Here's what I found when I googled it...{are yellowish plaques that occur most commonly near the inner canthus of the eyelid, more often on the upper lid than the lower lid. Xanthelasma palpebrarum is the most common cutaneous xanthom.}

Anonymous Insider

Yours is supposed to be caused by having high cholesterol or high fat in your blood. I hope you have had it checked.

Anonymous Insider

This is what mine spots look like. They're not raised or bumpy and nothing I try seems to cover it up. And it looks like the pictures when I googled XanthelasmaThis is what mine spots look like. They're not raised or bumpy and nothing I try seems to cover it up. And it looks like the pictures when I googled Xanthelasma

Have your thyroid checked. Sometimes problems with your thyroid can cause these. (Source: my mother had them)

That might be what you have but that's not what the OP is describing. I have what the OP is describing, too, and it looks nothing like that. You don't have the "chicken skin" thing at all. Looks closer to freckles to me.

I hesitated to respond because I'm sure what I'm doing will have unforeseen long term damage but it has worked...

When researching I saw quite a few solutions based on laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion. Also people doing things at home with acids and retinol. 

I decided to try it on part of my area to try it before going at everything. I opted to buy the PMD and do at home microderm on the lightest setting, usually before bed, then after I do an under eye retinol with light moisturizer on top. The next day after cleansing I'll do an under eye mask with retinol and again a light moisturizer. Then after a gentle cleanse at night I use a light under eye serum, light moisturizer on top. Couple days and I'll do a retinol again. Then I continue with my non retinol routine until the next week. The next week I start from the top again. I did it for about 3 1/2 months, the area is now smooth, healed, and no sign of bumps or damage. 

I'm not sure what exactly the issue is since I haven't been able to get into a derm (waitlist is 6 months here for non emergency and it's not medically covered) but mine does look like the pictures posted here and I actually got mine after a sunburn in my teens and it's been there since. Or maybe that just made it more noticeable. 

Anonymous Insider

I have the same thing! And when you put makeup on it just makes them more obvious 😭

Anonymous Insider

Xanthelasma is what I believe I have. Except for mine are not white or yellow, it's more like a beige ish color and are on the inside corners of both my eyelids and under my eyes. Here's what I found when I googled it...{are yellowish plaques that occur most commonly near the inner canthus of the eyelid, more often on the upper lid than the lower lid. Xanthelasma palpebrarum is the most common cutaneous xanthom.}

Anonymous Insider

Omg I have the same problem girl and I was researching it on google and mila kept showing up and that's definitely not it!!! Sorry I dont have a answer for you, but if you do find out what tge hell this is please share with me. 

Anonymous Insider

Xanthelasma is what I believe I have. Except for mine are not white or yellow, it's more like a beige ish color and are on the inside corners of both my eyelids and under my eyes. Here's what I found when I googled it...{are yellowish plaques that occur most commonly near the inner canthus of the eyelid, more often on the upper lid than the lower lid. Xanthelasma palpebrarum is the most common cutaneous xanthom.} I shared a picture of mine above. 

I have the same bumps under my eyes . It was definitely from using heavy eye creams and concealer. I have dry undereyes. I had to stop using them. I received a sample of Lancome younifique serum and I dabbed some under my eyes and they have gone down a lot. Get a sample and see if it works for you.
Anonymous Insider

I believe the others are right (that it's syringoma under the eyes), it's caused by over productive sweat glands which makes sense to me because I drink a lot of coffee. Something that seems like it should be stated is that coffee affects my skin in terms of acne as well which makes me feel like it could be some form of intolerance/reaction causing the skin to break out all over possibly because of blockage of pores which are everywhere including under the eyes.

Anonymous Insider

NFL qb ALEX SMITH. Note the visible glands under his eyes.NFL qb ALEX SMITH. Note the visible glands under his eyes.

NBA ALL-PRO Kawhi Leonard. Note: visible glands under his eyes.NBA ALL-PRO Kawhi Leonard. Note: visible glands under his eyes.

RE: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

Take a vitamin d and something with zinc and a hair skin nail. Look at the HUM products if you’re choosing to go through Sephora. Also don’t use a heavy cream use a gel or a very light moisturizer for you face. I would also add an exfoliating wash every other day or two days. Also a vitamin c face serum, wash vitamin..... work from the inside and outside!!! Good luck on your journey.
Anonymous Insider

These are actually SYRINGOMA. They occur under the eye, chin, upper checks etc. I looked thru so many sites for soooo long BUT I FOUND THIS VIDEO TO HELP EVERYONE!!!! 

https://youtu.be/f9ISw7kZM0o 

ENJOY! Good luck everyone!

RE: Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

I just looked that up and the bumps aren’t as raised as that.. I suffer from the same chicken skin under my eyes
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

You look great with or without chicken skin under your eyes. I ..I love you. Just wanted to say it ; )

Same

Anonymous Insider

I’ve searched endlessly about this cause but could not find anything about under eye chicken skin until I stumbled across this page. Im 22 years old and had the smoothest skin under my eye. I’ve recently started using a serum called dr Dennis eye serum which was very drying for my under eye. I was also bleaching and dying my hair at the same time and had take lots of showers and I’ve noticed my under eye started to accumulate small bumps which were noticeable. I believe the cause for these small bumps is dry skin. I took too many baths in one night which cause my under eye to dry out and all the essentials oils went away. I suggest for people with dry skin to not take showers every day but ever two days. I also suggest people using light eye creams to hydrate the under eye and not heavy creams which could cause milia. P.s I do not have dry skin I have oily texture skin so I do not have these small bumps by genetics. I’m trying to get my under eye back how it use to be but don’t know how. So I left my under eye alone and hope it comes back to normal. And I’m trying to take showers every two days know. I’ll keep you guys updated if my eye has progressed 🙂

I've read tretinoin gets rid of them
testing