Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

Has anyone experienced and allergic reaction? About 5 days ago I added the rapid brightening (orange bottle) to my skincare. I was fine that evening but when I woke up my face was ITCHY! Everywhere! The worse itch I’ve ever felt. I washed my face right away with cold water. I had to put hydrocortisone to help. I let my face rest a night. It itched so bad. I tried to put less the next night and woke up itchy again. It was miserable. I waited again and tried a little last night and same thing. This time my neck and my ears started itching too.

some say my skins purging, but I’m not breaking out. Just itchy and little bumps where I scratched. Should I give up and return the product? I was so hoping to love this. 😞

Re: Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

The procedure would be to stop using it.  You can't sue people because you have an allergy.  Just stop using it.

Oh my goodness. Same thing happened to me and I just didn’t understand WHY! I thought maybe I didn’t massage it enough, but I’m so glad this is here. My face is itchy, full of tiny bumps, and it’s been two days I stopped using the cream.

OMG. I used it last night and this morning I woke up with tender, itch skin and I thought I was having an allergic reaction. It has progressively gotten worse through the day and My face is now swollen and full of tiny bumps. 

I'm pretty sure it’s a chemical burn. 

I was so thankful to find this conversation.  I used a sample of this product and my face was slightly irritated the next two days, then on the 3rd day flared up with itchy raised slightly red bumps all over my face and neck.  Due to the delayed reaction, I did not realize what it was, and I have never had a similar reaction on my face from any skincare products or makeup before.  Allergy medicine did not help, and it has not cleared up after a week, so now I am taking a prescription steroid medication, and hoping the inflammation will calm down.

Omg I am having the same reaction!!! My face, neck and even my ears are super itchy, bumpy and not going away with any creams or ointments. I thought this was meant to be one of the best moisturisers too 😞 

SAME. I had such an awful reaction. I had to be put on steroids and eye drops. 

Anonymous Insider

Oh my - i just am researching this as I added it to my skin care treatment and my eye were completely swollen; itechy; dry and flakey on the lids and my skin was like paper on my face.  I thought it might have been a seasonal allergy but now thinking not.

I just had the same reaction today and a few weeks ago! I got the sample of it and had been using it for the past month. Nothing happened to me. Then a few weeks ago I started getting itchy bumps on my neck. The next morning it spread all over my face! The day it happened, I thought it was because i ate seafood and was thinking im starting to get allergic to it. I even requested for a blood test and my results came out negative. I got a cream prescribed by my doctor which helped it go away. Once my face was cleared up, i did my normal face routine, which included the vitamin c, and my face got extremely itchy again a few hours later. I decided to test the product on my arm and this morning my arm broke out into bumps. So glad I figured this out and I'm not the only one!

I am experiencing the very same thing.  My face is so red and blotchy and ITCHY!  I just bought it a few days ago and will be returning.  I am able to use some of the Sunday Riley products (i.e. Tidal; UFO oil; ceramic slip cleanser), but something about this set off my skin.  It is so hard to try new things when there is a risk of breakout and/or allergic reaction.  I am starting to think that I should just stick to what I know won't bother me (which I can get at drug stores) but I keep trying other things, thinking they will be much better. When will I learn?

That’s exactly how my reaction was... I was prescribed a steroid which helped a bit, but having researched since, it may also be a compromised skin barrier. There are lots of great k-beauty brands that have calming creams for skin barrier issues. So I tried that and I use a simple hydrating k-beauty toner now too. I think both in combo with the steroid has got my skin back to normal. My skin was dry and wrecked after the sunday riley ceo glow. 🙄

Anonymous Insider

Hi, I’m currently experiencing this now. Just wondering how long before it went away? Or should I go to the doctor to get a steroid prescription if you think that’s what got the swelling/rash/bumps to go? Thanks 

Hi! I am sorry you are going through this! It was horrible in my experience! I was able to do a quick online consult with a doctor and told them I believe it’s the cream as I had not don anything else different. They prescribed the steroid pill, i had to take it for like 6 days I think...and by day 3-4 my skin was way more calmed, not itching. The steroid did not get rid of all of the bumps, but at least they didn’t itch! What helped me was the Soon Jung Hydro Barrier Cream and doing the 7 skins method with the Klairs Supple Preparation Toner. Those two items got my skin hydrated and calm. I also started a gentle double cleanse too. Hope it clears up for you! 

Oh I should add that this happened to me twice, the first time I did nothing, except stopped using the product. The bumps and itchiness stayed for months. So what I’m saying is definitely go to the doctor if you want relief! I was able to do an online consult and get the med prescribed to a local pharmacy so I didn’t have to leave the house! My insurance carrier offered that benefit- might be worth looking into if you prefer not to leave your home for this! 🙂

I know this is an old post but...Omg I am going through this right now! I was just prescribed a steriod tablet for it.

I only figured out it was this product a few days ago. I think I’m allergic to the limonene as well. I had a similar reaction on my lips several years ago and the only ‘new’ lip product i was using was maelin + goetz mojito lip balm, which interestingly enough also contains limonene! 

Thank you so much for posting on this old post and sparking this convo again! I’ve tried for a month to find the culprit but the CEO glow was always a delayed reaction and since I only use it a couple of nights per week it wasn’t on my radar as much. I passed the patch test on my arm but have been experiencing dry itchy patches on neck and eyelids. 

I am going through this right now! I applied the Sunday Riley CEO oil to my face, neck, and chest the other night, and guess what happened? Yesterday and today I have this red, itchy, bumpy rash all over my face, neck, and chest! This is not my skin purging, this is a horrible allergic reaction! What is it in this product that is causing this to happen to so many of us? And cindy007 is right, the rash

has spread to all parts of my neck and one of my ears. I had to call my doctor, who said to take allergy meds or Benadryl, and use topical hydrocortisone cream. He also said if it doesn't go away in a few days I'll have to come in. I cannot believe this is happening, do not buy this product. 

Anonymous Insider

This same happened to me . I used the c.e.o cream the first day was fine but the next day it burned my skin really badly , especially under my eyes . It’s been a week and my skin is not getting any better . I cannot put anything otherwise it’s burning sensation and redness comes back . My skin is dry but not peeling , just feels like sand . This is horrible and you pay so much for the cream that suppose to be so great . Did any one use anything to sooth this ? 

I had a significant months-long reaction (swelling, redness, itching, peeling) to this product. After multiple medicinal creams and gels (hydrocortisone, differin, metronidazole) prescribed by my dermatologist, it is finally starting to clear up four months later. I did professional patch testing and it turns out I’m allergic to limonene, of which there is a high concentration in this product. Apparently it’s a fairly common allergy. 

The exact same thing happened to me. I woke up with red splotches and tiny red bumps covering my entire face, ears and neck. I felt a burning sensation, itchiness and my skin appeared scaly. 

When I used the product there was no immediate reaction but the next day it was awful.Its been about 3 full days and my skin is still in rough shape, will see my doctor. 

My face became swollen, red and my eyes looked like I was punched in the face. Company does not have phone number and can only be reached by email which they have been no help at all. I am so sorry you are going throw something similar hope your face is doing better 

Sunday’s Riley C.E.O rapid brightening allergic reaction

SUNDAY RILEY ASKED EMPLOYEES TO FAKE REVIEWS. I'm pissed I had a severe reaction and freaked out and went to the doctors. there reasoning is to balance out fake reviews. Hypocrisy at its finest 👌. I will not be buying anything from there brand. I tried messaging them to return my C.E.O cream they didn't even bother to contact me back. Alot of reviews are saying they had allergic reactions.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing