Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Real Results Challenge

Want to see (first hand) what all the buzz is about? Take the 7 day challenge and find out! Good Genes is our #1 clinically-proven formula that delivers your best skin yet. Formulated with purified-grade lactic acid toexfoliate away dull, pore-clogging, dead skin cells (without irritation) so even the most sensitive faces look noticeably radiant, clearer, and smoother, in an instant. Good Genes is clinically proven to significantly improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in just three minutes**, while clearing away dull skin and visibly reducing the look of dark spots and discoloration. Want read results in just 7 days? Then take the 7-Day Good Genes Real Results Skincare challenge today – for fast, visible results that you can feel good about. We’ll be checking this thread frequently throughout the month to chat about the challenge itself and answer your questions about Good Genes. We can’t wait to hear about your results!

May_Community_BeautyTalk_SOCIAL_US.jpg

RE: Re: Sunday Riley Real Results Challenge

@aaras Thank you sharing this with us! Good Genes is an exfoliating product and because everyone’s rate of cell turnover is different, everyone needs different amounts of exfoliation. If you are experiencing sensitivity, we suggest limiting use of Good Genes to once a day every other day or 2-3 times a week.

Re: Sunday Riley Real Results Challenge

You're using it twice a day? GG is a strong lactic acid so that may be way too often for your skin. I would drop back to using only once a day and even less than that if you are new to chemical exfoliation. Many people can't handle daily exfoliation and find that using something like GG every other day or every third day works much better for their skin. Make sure you're using a moisturizer after each application, @aaras, to help keep your moisture barrier strong. 

The tingling sensation is due to a lower ph level in the product which provides more significant exfoliation, it does go away and is worth the sting but if you’re like me and can’t stand that feeling then I suggest using Sunday Riley’s Tidal moisturizer after you’ve given the serum time to sink into the skin. This completely neutralizes that sensation as well as leave my routine feeling complete! Hope this helps! a small jar is $22 but you can always grab a sample of both good genes (if you’ve run out of the trial) and tidal and see if the combination works for you!

@aaras I get the itching as well.  Are you seeing results that are pushing you to continue?  I only use Good Genes at night - and not every night.  To combat the combo of the awful, horrible smell of Good Genes and tingling/itching (for me, it's not too bad), I follow up after 5-10 minutes with either a great smelling night cream or a sheet face mask.  

To be honest the results are actually good! So I am tempted to keep on trying it even after the negatives (awful smell, itching, stinging) - everyone has noticed a glow in my face just in 3 days. I don’t know if I am going to purchase it after the 7 days, because of all the negatives

I was excited to receive the 7 days' worth of samples and have used 4 of them so far.  I am using Good Genes nightly after cleansing with Ren Clay cleanser and before moisturizing (in place of my current retinol-based serum).  I am in my late 30's with combo skin with a very oily forehead.  I have reasonably good skin with not a ton of problems (just a hint of wrinkles, no acne, just a sun spot or two).  The only things I like to improve are the texture on my forehead (I get lots of tiny bumps) and skin tone on my cheeks.  Generally I'm in preventative mode and not repair mode.  Here's what I have noticed:

1) After 4 days, my skin looks great.  Some of my forehead bumps have disappeared.  No changes on the couple sun spots I have.  I feel like there's an overall improvement in the radiance and plumpness of my skin.  I don't wear a ton of makeup anyway, but I feel like I need basically nothing after using this product for less than a week!  

2) My skin is VERY SHINY after applying this at night, and still looks like that the next morning.  Because of that, I wouldn't want to use this during the day.

3) Nights 1 and 2 my skin felt a little tingly/stinging.  I don't have sensitive skin, so this is an unusual reaction for me.  It did go away after a couple days of use.

4) The smell of Good Genes is horrible.  Honestly, I have never dinged a product for its smell, but this one is bad.  Even my boyfriend asked what I had put on when I got in bed the first night.  It is strong and it is not pleasant.

All in all, I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin tone and texture after 4 days.  However, I am on the fence about purchasing the full size version of this due to the cost and the smell.  I will probably go back to my previous regimen and see if the improvements disappear, and think about buying Good Genes once my current retinol serum (also $$, but not quite on the level of GG!) runs out.

@someonesomwher Thank you so much for sharing this! We are happy you found results with Good Genes even though you are still a bit on the fence about it. As far as the fragrance, all of our products are made in small batches, which can cause inconsistencies in the smell from one batch to another. The fragrance in Good Genes comes from the lemongrass in it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the packaging? Please if you love Good Genes, ask for a sample in a jar at Sephora because I haven’t experienced an overpowering odor with my pump bottle also pairing with Sunday Riley’s Tidal moisturizer helps take that sting right away (grab a sample of that too with the Good Genes to see how you like them together!) I have similar skin and the two at night have really improved my texture overall! I hope this helped!

I have been using Good Genes over Luna for three nights now and love the results. I am curious about why you recommend GG go on top of Luna and not under though as it seems like you would want the oil on top. Also, are there any plans to omit the synthetic dye from Luna in the near future? The formulation seems perfect except for that. 

@trishpdx Hey there! There are two major reasons that we suggest applying Luna before Good Genes. The first is that because Luna is a treatment oil, it absorbs best on clean, dry skin. To get the most out of Luna, you want to massage it into the skin right after cleansing and toning. The second is because Luna contains an AHA which promotes cell turnover. Good Genes is a good follow up to Luna because it can the exfoliate and remove everything that Luna pushed up and out of the skin. As far as the dye, please note that they are plant based and the actual content is less than 1/100th of a swipe of eyeshadow.

Re: RE: Re: Sunday Riley Real Results Challenge

Thank you so much for your reply! It’s very helpful. I just watched the Sunday Riley interview with Liah Yoo and really loved it. I really admire her innovation and willingness to improve on products. It seems like since this has been a consumer concern, it would make sense to just remove the dye since there is so little anyway. Then the issue would just be gone. 

Can I still get these samples somehow? I would love to try Good Genes. I am a little concerned because I have very sensitive skin. I use UFO and LUNA and I really love them. I think after I finish my UFO I want to try the JUNO. 

Edit: I know already that the samples are gone. Uh. I hope someday there will be promo like that again.

Tags:

Try the new duo kit that includes Ceramic Slip and Good Genes it’s only $28 and if dissatisfied you can always return your purchase! You’re really pushing me to get U.F.O by the way! Ceramic Slip is water based and so gentle for me and I hope the two do as much for you as they have me!

@yssabelle! Hey there! Although the 7 Day Challenge is no longer available you can still go to your local Sephora and ask for a sample of Good Genes!

Can someone please share with me how often to use Good Genes? I've read 3 days and 5 days a week in difference places, but this 7 day challenge seems to suggest using it daily. I just don't want to overdo it. But with that being said, so far I LOVE this product. It looks SO good under my makeup as a primer and is clearing up my skin after 5 days. New holy grail! 

Since it’s so pricey and such a treat for your skin, I’d suggest nightly. That’s when your skin is doing a reboot and Good Genes really shines in my nighttime routine! I hope this helps!

@skkriz10 Hello! Good Genes is safe to use every day, and some people even use it day and night. One of the reasons that Good Genes is so great is that it exfoliates without causing irritation like some exfoliating products do. However, everyone’s rate of cell turnover is different and we all need different levels of exfoliation, and you always want to be careful not to over-exfoliate. If you are particularly sensitive, we would suggest limiting use of Good Genes to 3 days a week and increasing the frequency as you see fit. Many clients prefer to use Good Genes only at night, and we recommend using a sunscreen if you plan on using it during the day.

I’ve incorporated this into my PM routine and loving it so far! How would you recommend using for AM if I am currently using a Vitamin c serum (ole Henriksen truth serum)? Would I discontinue using that and use Good Genes instead of can the two products be layered on?

@Scherrera25 Hello! completely agree with @6come6 ! We would suggest using your Vitamin C Serum during the day and using Good Genes at night!

@sundayriley ~ Thank you for the shout-out and for making such solid products!

@Scherrera25 ~ I am glad to hear you are enjoying GG. With dry, sensitive skin, I use it three to five time a week only at night because I want to avoid photosensitivity during the day. If it is a must that you use it during the day, I would definitely use a facial sunscreen with a high SPF. Also, I would not suggest using Vit C and GG in the same routine as it decreases the product’s effectiveness. Maybe, you can use Vit C in the morning and GG at night. It’s just an idea which I hope helps!
testing