Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

Does anyone else suffer from perioral dermatitis under your eyes? Is there any products you can recommend from Sephora to help with my under eyes? I have very sensitive skin, and I noticed these small red bumps under my right eye a few months ago and they will not go away!! After researching, I think it may be perioral dermatitis, but I am not 100% sure. 

Re: Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

I had a similar experience, sudden onset of tiny red bumps - super unexpected because I’ve never had much for skin concerns. I was recently diagnosed by a doctor that it is indeed dermatitis.

My first suggestion would be go to a doc and get it confirmed. What I’ve been using, which has surprisingly been a simple fix, is Vasoline. I’m washing my face with gentle cleanser and then using a q-tip to apply a layer morning and night. Do everything you can to not touch, rub, or itch it because it’ll only make it worse. If the vasoline didn’t start to help I was looking into SkinFix Dermatitis Face Balm. It’s pricy, but cheaper than the prescribed cream my doctor told me about ($100). Oh, one last thing, avoid steroids. While they’ve been known to clear up the issue they can sometimes cause dermatitis to come back even worse.

I hope this helps and that it clears up for you in time 🙂 

Re: Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

I have PD and occasionally I do get a break out under my eye on either side 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing