Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

Does anyone else suffer from perioral dermatitis under your eyes? Is there any products you can recommend from Sephora to help with my under eyes? I have very sensitive skin, and I noticed these small red bumps under my right eye a few months ago and they will not go away!! After researching, I think it may be perioral dermatitis, but I am not 100% sure. 

Re: Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

I had a similar experience, sudden onset of tiny red bumps - super unexpected because I’ve never had much for skin concerns. I was recently diagnosed by a doctor that it is indeed dermatitis.

My first suggestion would be go to a doc and get it confirmed. What I’ve been using, which has surprisingly been a simple fix, is Vasoline. I’m washing my face with gentle cleanser and then using a q-tip to apply a layer morning and night. Do everything you can to not touch, rub, or itch it because it’ll only make it worse. If the vasoline didn’t start to help I was looking into SkinFix Dermatitis Face Balm. It’s pricy, but cheaper than the prescribed cream my doctor told me about ($100). Oh, one last thing, avoid steroids. While they’ve been known to clear up the issue they can sometimes cause dermatitis to come back even worse.

I hope this helps and that it clears up for you in time 🙂 

Re: Perioral Dermatitis Under Eye

I have PD and occasionally I do get a break out under my eye on either side 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing