cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

National SPF Day ☀️

Hello BIC, 

As you might all know National SPF Day ☀️ this year is rapidly approaching. May 27, 2023. I like to think SPF Day is every day because it is so important for our skin! I would love everyone to share their tips and tricks for sun safety and of course favourite sunscreens.

My favourite combo right now is using Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL as my base and applying Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation 20 Mulholland  over it. Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL I am still able to apply sunscreen over my makeup and it still gives a great finish and does not mess up my makeup! I also try to always wear a hat if I am going to be outside for an extended time and I never forget to protect my eyes with sunglasses 🕶️.

Right now I have been wanting to try these SPF:

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Lightweight Wrinkle Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 P... 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sunscreen SPF 50 

Evereden SPF 50 Premium Mineral Sunscreen 2 oz / 60 mL 

Drop a comment below and share your favorite SPF or tips and tricks to enjoy the summer safely.

Happy National SPF Day!!!

*updated to take the year out 🙂

Re: National SPF Day ☀️

@itsfi  It’s better to have too much than not enough! I’ve been keeping the Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz / 20 g in my purse and bag since it’s easy to apply to my little man on the go! But I also have been appreciating the extra moisturizer in Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench® Hyaluronic Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 45 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and the primer effect in the Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL  I was outside all day Saturday at a soccer tournament and gardening and I didn’t burn at all! I was good and had a hat and sunglasses on also! 

That Saint Jane SPF is such a great smoothing / blurring SPF @ather💗 Oh, you're a fan of the PTR sunscreen? There's a mini of it in the Sun Safety Kit - I'll have to give it a try soon. I usually prefer mineral SPF, but there have been a couple of chemical ones that have been nice. Did you see that PTR came out with a new (or perhaps just new to me) tinted mineral sunblock? 

Excellent call on the sunglasses and hat. Ahhhh, hats! I was just remarking to myself that maybe a summer hat was in order. Seeing @missjeanie's fabulous hat for this summer started me down the summer hat rabbit hole. I mean, I could shop my hat stash ... 

@itsfi  I’m with you. I do prefer mineral also but the PTR is nice. My skin has been so dry and it felt nice on my skin!!! I didn’t know they have a tinted one! I’ll have to go look!!

Yes! Hats are great. I just started wearing them to protect my skin! Do you have lots of hats? Do you have a preference in a hat? 🎩 

@itsfi You really should try the PTR.  I just finished it and found it really was nice.  It had that gel to water consistency that I find very satisfying and sank in beautifully. 

Alright @missjeanie, you and @ather have convinced me to give it a try sooner rather than later - tomorrow, it is. 

@missjeanie @ather, so I've been using the PTR sunscreen off and on during the week and ... it has its pros and cons for me. Definitely see the raves for the silky formulation and the cream to gel to water consistency. My currently normal-to-dry skin was fine with it too, which was great! I did, however, experience some blurriness and eye irritation on 2 of the 3 days I used it, likely due to applying it too close to my eyes. This isn't uncommon for me when it comes to some chemical sunscreens - it happens with Supergoop Glow but not the original Supergoop Unseen. I'm happy to finish the deluxe sample from the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit (being mindful to keep it away far away from my eye area) but will pass on a full size. At one point, I contemplated a full size as my SPF for arms, legs, body, but that's a pricey body sunscreen.  

@itsfi Oh total bummer about the eye issues.  I get that with some SPF's as well and they immediately go into use only on my body.  No time for irritated eyes!  Glad to see some of the others from the kit are working out though!  I've been using the Fenty off and on and quite enjoy it as well.  

@itsfi  Awww sorry to hear it was a miss for you. I totally get why you want it for your body!! Blurry and irritated eyes are no fun. Probably better to stick with a SPF that doesn’t cause any irritation. Did any of the others in the Sun Safety kit bother you? 

@ather, I’m bummed about the PTR; it was very nice. Can definitely see it being a hit.

Let’s see, of the chemical SPFs in the kit that are or would be new to me, the only other one I’ve tried is the Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Mineral SPF 30 Refillable Moisturizer, which I really like. 👍🏼 I’ve used the Paula's Choice RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50 2 oz/ 60 mL and the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL before and both work fine for me. Of those three, I like the Fenty the best, which surprised me.

I think I will try the Innisfree chemical SPF next; I have a mini / deluxe sample of the brand’s physical sunscreen so it might be fun to compare the physical and mineral versions from the same brand. 

@itsfi Oooo interesting! I am surprised that you most like the Fenty. I guess that one hasn’t been on my radar. I don’t feel like I have seen much said about it. I am excited to try it now!! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Innisfree’s. it will be interesting which one will win!!! 

I’ve used the Supergoop! I remember liking it but I think I preferred the SF mineral one. But I do think there’s a place for both mineral and chemical in my stash! 

I was surprised by it as well @ather, for a host of reasons. I don’t typically go for chemical filters - my skin has a tendency to be sensitive to them but I feel like the formulations for many chemical sunscreens have improved (or maybe my skin has become less sensitized to them?) I also shy away from moisturizer + sunscreen type of products - I still wear a sunblock underneath on most days.

Of course I like that the SPF component of the Fenty doesn’t irritate my skin; always a plus!! 😊 I also like the consistency of the Fenty - it does a nice job of lightly moisturizing my skin, not too heavy, though I would need to make sure to layer other hydrating and moisturizing products with it if I were to wear it on an everyday basis. The brightening aspect to it doesn’t hurt either - the pinky-peachy tint helps to add some brightening and mild color correction to my skin. 

I’ll come back here to post on the Innisfree once I’ve given both a good testing.

@itsfi  Yay! 😃 

@ather   I purchased the Sun Safety Kit and brought it with me to our RV at the Shore.  So far I have used the   Cay Skin and really like it.  It gives me a slight glow, but it’s greasy.  And I have used the Dermalogica sample.  This was very good too. It’s a white light creamy product that absorbs quickly and did not leave a white cast.  It also was not greasy.  So far, I would use the Cay Skin for the glow it leaves.  I have been using Super Goop  and really like it as I can use it as a primer too. But I still really prefer it.

@Cissy63 I quite liked the glow from the Cay Skin!  I liked that it wasn't glittery, but for sure had a good glow.  This is one that I'd like to try in a larger size. 

@Cissy63  Yay! 😀 I’ll have to test that one out! Who doesn’t love a glow!! 

Hi @ather i love the unseen sunscreen from supergoop!

@beverly135 I think you've got some good company loving that one with you!  

@beverly135  that’s a great one too!! 

I have good timing because I just ordered a new SPF to try last week and it should arrive in the next day or two.  It's new on the market: the Isntree Onion Fresh Fluid Sun Cream.  I have another Isntree sunscreen that I love so I thought I'd try the newest version from the brand.

isntree-onion-fresh-fluid-sun-cream-spf50-pa-50ml-824.jpg

@CookieGirl1 Ohhhh Have you had a chance to try it out yet?  Any thoughts?

@missjeanie Yes and I LOVE it.  It's the absolute thinnest sunscreen I've ever tried in my life and I can't stop using it.

4 Replies
testing