cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

National SPF Day โ˜€๏ธ

Hello BIC, 

As you might all know National SPF Day โ˜€๏ธ this year is rapidly approaching. May 27, 2023. I like to think SPF Day is every day because it is so important for our skin! I would love everyone to share their tips and tricks for sun safety and of course favourite sunscreens.

My favourite combo right now is using Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL as my base and applying Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation 20 Mulholland  over it. Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL I am still able to apply sunscreen over my makeup and it still gives a great finish and does not mess up my makeup! I also try to always wear a hat if I am going to be outside for an extended time and I never forget to protect my eyes with sunglasses ๐Ÿ•ถ๏ธ.

Right now I have been wanting to try these SPF:

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Lightweight Wrinkle Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 P... 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sunscreen SPF 50 

Evereden SPF 50 Premium Mineral Sunscreen 2 oz / 60 mL 

Drop a comment below and share your favorite SPF or tips and tricks to enjoy the summer safely.

Happy National SPF Day!!!

*updated to take the year out ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: National SPF Day โ˜€๏ธ

i was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the tower 28 tinted spf is acne safe..

yes it is acne safe! they made it lightweight so it doesnโ€™t clog your pores. def acne safe

thx!

I am very fair and always sunburn. I am also allergic to PABA and chemical sunscreens.  I havenโ€™t found a chemical sunscreen yet that Iโ€™m not allergic to. So, I must use only physical/mineral sunscreens.

The mineral sunscreens at a SPF 30 or above almost always leave a white cast to your skin.  I have found a way to help keep my face, neck, and  dรฉcolletage protected and not appear with a shiny white cast from the mineral sunscreen lotion.  

In addition to mineral sunscreen lotion, over it I  apply  Supergoop! (Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder Sunscreen SPF 35 PA+++  in Fair. The Fair powder is a bit darker than most  fair powders.  However, that color powder helps totally tone down the shiny white cast from the mineral sunscreen lotion. It goes on nicely and does not look cakey.  After teo full days at Disney I was not sunburnt!

Same!!!

Me 2 gurl

The tower 28 tinted sunscreen is amazing and gives such a gorgeous glow without any glitter 

@adinajacob Such a great product!!  It was instant love when I tried this one!

Iโ€™m new so maybe Iโ€™ll try that 

@Campthebest It's such a great product, easy to use, lasts all day, gives a nice finish and plays nicely with all my other products.  Would love to hear what you think if you give it a try!

Love the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - it's such a fantastic product @adinajacob

Todays the day!! Happy National SPF day! ๐Ÿฅณ

I wanted to share some of my favourite SPF products of current!

11672CB8-CE87-409A-ACB1-1354540AE5CC.jpeg

โ€ƒThese are some of my favourite SPFs on rotation at the moment. Iโ€™ve also been working through some minis and a few that arenโ€™t favourites. The Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light is one Iโ€™ve repurchased a few times in the light tint. This tint is a touch dark for me, but it leaves a nice finish and can blend in enough with a lighter concealer to act as my foundation in the summer. Iโ€™m on my second tube of the Missha and itโ€™s just a great, easy to use spf, that doesnโ€™t pill with any of my skincare or makeup. The Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL is a new one that Iโ€™m loving, for a bit more of a blurred finish. 

28776002-E9B2-4C64-9C3D-B9C98FFBC885.jpeg

โ€ƒFor body spf Iโ€™m a little less picky than with my face. I like to put on a good lotion, then top up on the go with a spray. Blue Lizard is a brand Iโ€™ve had recommended by dermatologists and itโ€™s a go to for me on the water and for those around me with sensitive skin. Iโ€™ve used this as a facial spf several times and it comes through! Totally leaves a white cast though. The COOLA Classic Body Lotion SPF 50 Guava Mango are nice to wear if Iโ€™m in the city. Theyโ€™ve got some great summer scents to them. A lighter lotion consistency than the Blue Lizard, you donโ€™t want to wear this while out in the woods. Itโ€™s like black fly bait lol! The Target up &up spray is a great price point when I go through so many of these in the summer and it made a few lists of good spfs that I saw the last year or two. The Trader Joes is another one that works well and is a great touch up through the day. 

AE69949F-CAC0-4764-B164-E3A1F86F234D.jpeg

โ€ƒMy current favourite skin tints with SPF. These are always layered over a dedicated SPF, and all wear beautifully. 

6707012F-C74F-438D-A46E-5AC3D37C624E.jpeg

โ€ƒMy โ€˜bonusโ€™ spf faves! The CAY SKIN Isle Lip Balm SPF 30 with Sea Moss and Aloe Stem Cells Irie Rose and the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Tint SPF 25 Hydrating Tinted Lip Sunscreen are two new loves! The Kiehlโ€™s lip balms were my favourite to use for a tinted SPF lip product for years. But I think the Cay Skin might dethrone it. The powder is a Hawaiian Tropic spf 30 touch up powder that I use in my hairline (label wears off easily!!). And the Sun Bum face mist is a love. I enjoy the sun bum scents and this is an easy mist top up through the day. 

1EFF76A3-520B-4BF2-BD26-6E29A51CC47D.jpeg

โ€ƒAnd finally a shout out to my favourite facial SPF. This comes in other shades as well, at about 15$ CAD, itโ€™s hard to beat. The feel of it is lighter sight, it absorbs quickly but leaves me hydrated. The purple is my favourite tint followed by green. Can not recommend enough.  

What are your favourite spf products?? I try to keep with above a 40, but Iโ€™m always willing to try more products if anyone has some they just canโ€™t put down!!

@missjeanie, first, I have to say that I read "I try to keep with above a 40" as you trying to keep to 40 sunblocks on hand ๐Ÿ˜ฒ and I thought "huuuuh, that's one way to keep yourself protected from UV rays." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not that I'm judging; I'm all for SPF, and to be fair, I haven't counted how many sunscreens I have in the house. ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh, I think @heartsmyface is a fan of that Skin Aqua SPF line. I have one, I think, maybe two. At one point, I was trying to pick up all the shades to try them out and compare them. Maybe I need to get back on that and see which tint(s) I'm missing ...

Here are my current faves: 

SPF Favorites.jpg

The GOATThe GOAT

Etude Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ PA++++ - this has got to be at least my 10th bottle (possibly even more than that!) of this stuff. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ

Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Mineral Milk Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL - thin, milky, lightweight and effective

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Lotion SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 ml OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL - creamy, whipped consistency, brightens complexion while protecting against UVA and UVB rays

Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL - luxe, smoothing and blurring

The Skin Tints with SPFThe Skin Tints with SPF

Live Tinted Hueguard Tint Skin Tint SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50

CLE CCC Cream Radiant Skin Sunscreen SPF 50 - summer and winter shades

Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - in every shade I could possibly be or have been so far ๐Ÿ’œ

SPF ReapplicationSPF Reapplication

VT Cosmetics Essence Sun Pact SPF 50+ PA+++ - this is my 3rd (?) compact

Soleil Toujours Clean Conscious Body Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C SPF 30-50; the one that's actually intended for the face - Soleil Toujours Set + Protect Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 with Hyaluronic Acid 1.7 oz / 50 mL is good as well - it's SPF 30

SPF Newness - new sunblock that I've been enjoyingSPF Newness - new sunblock that I've been enjoying

SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Mineral Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 1.7 oz. / 50 ml 

Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Mineral SPF 30 Refillable Moisturizer 

Not shown, COOLA Scalp & Hair Sunscreen & Color Protection Mist with SPF 30 - because our hair & scalp need sun protection too! @ather 

@itsfi It was actually @heartsmyface who's review turned me on to the Skin Aqua!  I've used both green and violet and enjoy both. 

I was about to claim that I don't have even close to 40 SPF tubes on hand... then stopped to think.  If I included body SPF, I for sure do.  But I mean, it's not like I have 40 full size facial SPF's laying around.... I don't think. 

I need to scoop a larger size of the OH Banana Bright SPF, I've tried a few mini's and quite enjoyed them. It's also been probably 5 years since I've tried the Etude Sunprise.  That should be on my next SPF order as well.  

@missjeanie, hahaha! I so relate to the "then stopped to think" ๐Ÿค” I say 'yes' to the OH Banana Bright SPF and the Etude Sunprise! Both work well as a primer. I just picked up another of the OH as it was 25% off. I'm sure there comes a point where I have too many sunscreens on hand, but I'm not feeling like I've hit that mark just yet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I mean, it's sunscreen and I do go through them. lol

@itsfi  Wow!!! I see so many! I love that you thought @missjeanie  always keeps 40 on hand. I wonder how many you have on hand. Hmmm I wonder how many I have on hand. I usually keep a stick formula in every backpack and purse I have! 

@ather Ohhhh yes, which are your favourite stick formulas?  I've used a few over the years but just never fell hard for any one in particular.  I'd like to mix a few new ones in to my purse too!

@missjeanie  I like the Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz / 20 g  Iโ€™ve also used the  sun bum brand! I like to to touch up my sonโ€™s face! Heโ€™s very fair and I need to be extra careful! Iโ€™ve been curious about the new ones Iโ€™ve seen pop up! 

@ather I haven't tried the Shiseido yet, but I've used the Sun Bum a few times!  I'll add the Shiseido to my next SPF order.  I've used their other SPF's several times and enjoyed them.  

I'm curious about a few of the newer ones as well.  The Glow Recipe clear formula looks so cool!

@missjeanie  I agree the Glow Recipe and Supergoop! Stick ones are interesting but both have bad reviews. I guess I need more people to talk about them. 

21 Replies
testing