cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

My skin type is: weird

Hey y’all!

My skin is having some struggles, and I don’t know what is going on! I have lots of acne, but my skin is never like “oily.” My skin is sometimes drier than the desert. But I’m not sure if it counts as “dry skin” if my face is having an acne epidemic. So basically I’m asking if anyone else experiences this, and what may have caused it. I am on Clindamycin Phosphate, but it was like this before

Re: My skin type is: weird

Hi @Sam013. Is your clindamycin prescription topical or oral? If topical, it can dry out your skin. Don’t stop it though unless your doctor tells you otherwise. If you find that it’s really aggravating your skin, let your doctor know. 

In the meantime, stay hydrated. Hydrating from within can help with your skin issues. You can also use specific active ingredients to help get more moisture into your skin. Hyaluronic acid can help draw moisture back into your skin. You can try something like The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum under your usual moisturizer or switch to something like #SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL which is a moisturizer that contains HA. Seal in the moisture with something like Vaseline.

I believe you dabble in makeup too from some of your other posts. Double check the ingredients if your routine and make sure they aren’t comedogenic (pore-clogging). That will only worsen the problem. Good luck! I hope you find relief soon. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing