Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Nearly wrapping up June ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฅ๐ŸŒž and  almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masking Duel: Compare two (or more) masks to determine which one reigns supreme! ๐Ÿค”

Letter of the Week:  Z

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888, thanks. I have a couple of the older ones and one of the new ones. Was planning on comparing the two but it seems that from what I've read, the original version of that one, and others, performs better. ๐Ÿ‰

I have one of each, @itsfi, which I have been saving for a duel, too. It's been awhile since I have used the original, so it will feel new to me again. @Kim888  

@Kim888  That watermelon mask is great! So refreshing, especially on warm days! ๐Ÿ‰โ˜€๏ธ

Thanks so much for your review of the AB Cream! I got the GWP too and am so excited to try it!..... I agree, not sure I could spend that much on the FS!

I love the packaging on this line of masks - it's what lured me in and made me want to buy them ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง‡

456C50C4-61CE-4225-A8B5-69FAD917D740.jpeg

Spoiler

Kokostar Waffle Mask ~ Maple

Material:

Medium thickness waffle weaved cotton, that was comfortable and breathable

Serum:

Medium thickness slimy jelly. There was a lot extra in the pouch

Scent:

I was really hoping for a yummy maple syrup kind of scent, but instead it had a light floral scent.

Fit:
Just a smidge too wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin.

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

Light, and stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth, a little bouncy, comfortably moisturized skin with a nice dewy glow. I didn't really notice any brightening like the mask claims.

Repurchase?

Probably not. The results were about the same as the Honey version I tried from this line, but the Honey one had a much better scent. If this one didn't have a floral scent but instead had a nice maple scent, I would've probably liked it a lot more.

3BB329CA-55A5-4EFA-BCA2-381B23F4C9C9.jpeg

@Shosh85 I'm very curious what a maple scented mask would really smell like,,, would of been nice to find out ๐Ÿคค

@lmaster  I don't know if you've ever tried the Maple Bite lip mask, but I imagined it being similar to that ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ๐Ÿ˜‹

Yes yes! Love that too @Shosh85 I would love to try a mask that smelled like that!!

Oooooh, big mistake in having a floral scent, @Shosh85! I wish I remembered this one more. Have you tried the strawberry one yet? I think that one has more of a strawberry scent.

@eshoe  No, so far I've only tried this and the Honey one, but I've heard some of the others have better scents! I guess I was hoping this would have a similar scent/flavor that the Bite lip mask had. 

@Shosh85  The results sound really nice, though I agree that maple scent would be better! 

@PrettyPaint  The results were great, so that kind of made up for the lack of maple scent - but I guess I just kinda got my hopes up! 

@Shosh85  The results sound really nice, though I agree that maple scent would be better! 

You're right, @Shosh85, the packaging on the waffle masks is so fun! And I agree, a nice light maple syrup scent would have been really nice with this one. 

@quspork  I really liked the Bite lip mask that had a Maple flavor and I guess I was just hoping it'd be similar to that ๐Ÿคทโ€ Oh well 

Oh that Bite Maple is so good, @Shosh85 - it also reminds me of brown sugar, yum!

@Shosh85, waffle masks are great! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ As are waffles. ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t understand why they went with a rose scent? Even if they couldnโ€™t go with a maple scent, why rose? Looking at the inci list, there were other good options too; like pineapple! ๐Ÿ 

@itsfi  It didn't even smell specifically like rose to me - I actually don't mind a fresh rose kind of scent, but this just smelled like a mix of floral. Seriously, why? I wouldn't have minded pineapple, but of course it just had to be floral! Good thing the results made up for it ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง‡

@Shosh85, the one good thing about it not smelling like maple or maple syrup is that I'm less inclined to want to eat a waffle. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It sounds like the results of all the masks in this collection that you've used have been excellent! That's fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Besides this one I've only used the Honey one so far - but I've heard good things about the others! 

@Shosh85 @Yum that packaging looks delicious ! Too bad it did not have the waffle scent, but the texture sounds like it was nice !

@Kim888  It was a really great mask, with great results, so I can't complain too much! I think because the Honey one smelled like honey, I got my hopes up that this would smell like maple ๐Ÿ 

10,732 Replies
Photos1,879
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg