Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ok thanks for the heads up! @Samtian 

The Boscia peel masks are definitely effective, @Samtian. It sounds like you've got a good duo for both the face and feet here! 

@quspork Definitely did, thank you!

Ingredient spotlight: Black Tea
Black tea masks.jpg

I reached for these masks without thinking about the masking themes, but, working a little magic with my words, I can slot them nicely into the letter of the week (October 16 - 22) - P - as black tea packs a powerful punch with its plethora of polyphenols and other phytonutrients! Ha! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Although neither of these masks are perfect when it comes to meeting all their claims - no firming with either but that's to be expected with just one use, but I can see how persistent use over a period of time could yield more taut skin. That said, these two mask do have a lot going for them, 

• packaging is polished; 

• the scents, though perfumed, are soft and pleasant (the perfecting mask has a soft cucumber scent; and there's a faint spa-like herbaceaous scent on the overnight mask)

• each of the mask themselves perform well for parched skin - producing more plump and hydrated skin, with results from one coming to fruition promptly (in as little as 5 minutes with the whipped potato textured, perfecting mask overnight with the other). 

There you have it, masking mavens, a pair of pleasant masks that, while on the pricier side, offer a pampering spa-like experience at home to plump and hydrate parched skin. My brain is a little pooped after this write up so I'm going to sit back and relax with a pot of black tea while I try to catch up on some posts here. 

NOTE about the photo:
Spoiler
This photo is different than my usual flat lay frames and set ups. This pic was done using The Rule of Thirds photography techniques that we're learning about this month on the fabulously fun (and educational) 
A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge thread. ๐Ÿ“ท I know some have participated on that thread by posting your own gorgeous photos, providing feedback, or just poking your head in to see what others have shared. @Samtian does a fantastic job teaching and inspiring, and is gracious and generous with sharing her talent, tips & tricks. Worth taking a peek if you haven't yet, or taking another one, if you've stopped by before. Please feel free to jump right on in, too, with your own pics! ๐Ÿ˜€ Always great to see the talent we have and learn from others. 

I forgot about these! Thanks for sharing @itsfi 

@itsfi I like it!!! Great job. 

Combining two of my favorite hobbies, @Samtian - photography and masking! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi Pretty good hobbies if I do say so myself ๐Ÿ˜„

1000005617.jpg

I could not find an mask. However, this was a sample I received at some point. I have had it for years so it is definitely a fossil in my collection. I was inspired to use this mask because my skin needs some serious recovery after traveling last week. I left the mask on for 15 minutes and left my skin feeling extremely soft, smooth and feeling hydrated. I followed with a sample of Keihls lotion. I should be set for bedtime now!

@Mellmars1185, I can't recall whether this mask has a scent to it, but given that it's a Fresh mask, I imagine it does, even if it's a more mild scent. If that's the case, you can get in the O for olfactory senses! ๐Ÿ˜ Yes, to post-travel, skin recovery masking!  It's amazing what all that can do to the skin. Sounds like this gave you some amazing results. ๐Ÿ™Œ

@itsfi Woohoo! Thank you for that! I learned something new today โœ”๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@lmaster @Samtian Thank you! I need to get back into the routine of masking more often. I was organizing and I found some more masks.

I know the feeling!! @Mellmars1185 I have to get back to my masking roots ๐Ÿ˜”

@Mellmars1185 this is a good mask! 

@Mellmars1185 Ooh sounds nice! I laughed at the fossil part. 

IMG_20230918_093607502.jpg

Bic inspired @itsfi @WinglessOne 

I'm pretty sure both of you have used and shared your thoughts on these mask packs.

• I love the sealable packaging
  • Clear serum that is soaked into every mask
  • Peaches ๐Ÿ‘ ahhhh the fruity scent is delicious
  • Fit is incredible with these, almost perfect!
  • So hydrating and nourishing
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Wear time was 20 minutes and it didn't dry out, my skin absorbed it with ease 

So happy you were able to give this one a try @lmaster; this particular "flavor" mask has many good things going for it, including the peachy scent. ๐Ÿ‘

Yes I was actually surprised by the scent @itsfi I go in with no expectations and then get super excited ๐Ÿ˜…

@lmaster  Iโ€™m glad you enjoyed this peach mask! Itโ€™s still one of my favorites, and Lululunโ€™s still one of my fave sheet mask brands. โค๏ธ 

Gosh, itโ€™s been ages since I participated in this threadโ€ฆ I stepped away because I wanted to try getting my sheet mask hoard under control without any โ€œmust buy even more masksโ€ temptation. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thatโ€™s been a challenge. Maybe Iโ€™ll rejoin the fun in 2024. 

@WinglessOne I totally get that!! I've myself been trying to get the hoard down, I've been doing so much better this year, I just need to mask more now!! ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster  Sounds heavenly, oh peaches!

21,385 Replies
testing