Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

DE MARULA MISHAP?

Let me first start out by saying, I LOVED this product.

I originally got a deluxe sample in one of the minis sets and was floored. I got the 0.5oz size and cherished it from April 2018 until September 2018. I splurged for the full size once I emptied the half, and HOLY DIFFERENCE, BATMAN.

The smell and consistency are different and I've been breaking out like crazy when I never used to before. Small, angry and itchy red bumps where, again, there was no previous issue. I still use the Beste Cleansing Jelly along with it and the Baby Facial (those aren't the issue as their the same bottles and I've used them in tandem with previous DE Marula oil batches with no issue).

What happened?! Does anyone know if they changed their marula source? Made a botched batch? Anything?

Re: DE MARULA MISHAP?

If nothing else in your routine has changed, maybe there is something wrong with that full-sized batch or you've developed a new allergy (itchy red bumps is a sign of an allergic reaction) or maybe both? Have you contacted customer service? 

RE: Re: DE MARULA MISHAP?

I haven’t, but I should. My concern is also with the smell change. It’s much more subtle whereas before it had almost a sweet smell? I’ll call customer service to see. I’ll be heartbroken if it’s a sensitivity I’ve developed! 😞
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing