Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best lip care?

It’s been a really nasty winter and my lips feel like they’re practically peeling off twice a day. What do you guys use to combat this? I was pretty loyal to the Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm but even that is not enough this year. Have you tried the ‘caramel’? Or do you stan a different brand entirely? Let me know! 🙂

Re: Best lip care?

Rosebud Perfum Co. have really hydrating lip balms without being sticky. 

Bite Agave Lip mask are really hydrating and can be worn by themselves or paired with a lighter lip balm (like the Rosebud) but they are very stick

Laneige lip mask is great for lips that are peeling because it has vitamin C to help mildly exfoliate. It is also really hydrating and just as a plus it smells amazing. 

RE: Best lip care?

Bite is definitely the best lip care ❤️

I think I've tried most of the lip balms and treatments out there and the only one that I consistently re-purchase and love that provides immediate moisture and is long-lasting is the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. I have it in clear and the smashed agave (pink) color. If I was stranded on an island and could only bring one thing, I would bring this 100%.

I haven’t tried it myself, but I’ve heard the agave lip treatment from Bite is incredible. I plan on purchasing it at some point myself.

my dermatologist recommend me using aquaphor lip ointment...

my dermatologist recommend me using aquaphor lip ointment. its amazing. got rid of blistex

Although not offered by Sephora, I have been using Mario Badescu Lip Wax for about 10 years now. It's a chapstick type lip gloss almost but fully moisturizing. I buy about 5-8 every 6 months just about and use it on top of my matte lip stick but always always on my bare lips, its so much better than the traditional Chapstick

Start by giving your lips a gentle scrub to remove the flakes, make sure you don't scrub too hard. After that you then apply your balm and/or lip mask of choice.

Clinique makes an amazing Sephora exclusive lip mask called pep-start pout restoring night mask, I personally use it as a lip balm and wear it throughout the day as needed and its done miracles for my lips. If you want a hint of color and something less heavy but still very hydrating and repairing then you should check out the pep-start pout perfecting lip balms. The lip balms come in four shades and feel like butter when applied.  pep lips9.jpg

I have tried caramel and it’s ok. But when I really need help I turn to: Herbivore Lip Scrub with rose oil, Laneige Lip Mask for the night and Bite Agave Lip treatment for the day.

Agave lip mask is possibly better. The Laniege one I’ve tried and I personally don’t feel it works better than Vaseline. It also contains chemicals, but it also lasts a long time and has a nice scent.

Go get the Leneige Lip Mask...I was having serious dry lip issues because the weather has been so harsh in my area. Once I started using this, I couldn't believe the results! I think I may need it forever. 

La Mer lip balm. Honestly, It's a bit pricey but sooo worth it. A little bit goes a long way and if you use it before going to sleep you wake up with completely moisturized lips.

hemp lip balm from the body shop. i have not found anythi...

hemp lip balm from the body shop. i have not found anything even close to it.

I have been using first aid beauty intensive lip balm. A bit pricey if purchased on its own but I got it in a lip kit at Sephora JCP (for $24 I think?) I really like it so far. I don't have to reapply as much vs my usual medicated petroleum. It's thick and creamy with a light minty scent.

I did not care for the fresh caramel balm. It did not do much for my lips and I didn't enjoy the scent. 

I am always on the lookout for a good balm and we have also had a brutal winter, so am interested to see the other suggestions, too!

My go-to combo every night is Epionce Anti-Aging Lip Rene...

My go-to combo every night is Epionce Anti-Aging Lip Renewal + Aquaphor. The Lip Renewal is a lightweight, non-greasy, fast absorbing lotion designed for hydration and barrier repair. It was created by dermatologist Dr. Carl Thornfeldt and has the same 3:1:1 ratio of ceramide, cholesterol, and omega fatty acids found in healthy skin. Your skin recognizes this ratio and accepts it for deeper penetration. I apply that, let it absorb, then add a thin layer of Aquaphor on top before i go to sleep. Aquaphor is a petrolatum based healing oinment used to prevent trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) and provide an occlusive barrier against environmental debris. It seals in your body's natural moisture to accelerate healing. Cracked heels? Aquaphor. Minor burn? Aquaphor. Chafed skin? Aquaphor. Recovering from ablative laser procedure? Aquaphor. Dry, cracked, peeling lips? Absolutely Aquaphor. I exfoliate my lips several times a week with Jane Iredale's Sugar & Butter lip scrub which has an organic brown sugar base and a plethora of hydrating oils. And my favorite part about it is the application. It comes in a small diameter stick applicator, so it stays where you put it and you're not dipping your finger in a pot and risking bacterial contamination or picking sugar crystals out from under your nails for the next 3 hours😅

I tried the bite agave for the first time today abd it ma...

I tried the bite agave for the first time today and it made my lips smoothe. im sure if I use it a lot Ill see better results. also, make sure you drink enough water every day. I drink at least 75 oz a day. I notice a big difference when I haven't been drinking enough water!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is a great option. Gentle enough to use in the day also.

I have extremely dry lips that peel as well, and the lip balms that work best for me are Smith's strawberry lip balm and Jack Black shea butter lip balm. You can also make your own lip scrub with ingredients like sugar and coconut oil (there are tons of recipes online). I have the Dior lip sugar scrub (in a lip balm tube) and it's alright, but a homemade scrub would probably work best.

@theflake I have the same issue. At night, I use Laneige lip sleeping mask and during the day, I use Bite Agave Lip Treatment. I use JS lip scrubs but find that a toothbrush works better. I bought a cheap, flat toothbrush and use that over my lips daily. It’s been keeping my lips flake free!

Are you using regular exfoliation in addition to the balm? I've found that that really helps with the peeling during the winter. 

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • pep lips9.jpg
testing