Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Stale ginger with hint of dirt, @Shosh85.โ€ฆthat actually sounds familiar ๐Ÿ˜ณ yay for an improved scent!!

Both sound great! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yup, two winners! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Both sound like good experiences, @Shosh85! That Goodal line is been pretty nice so far. 

@quspork  Yup, I really liked them both!

This Goodal line has definitely been great so far - can't wait to try the others I have!

Oh two wins @Shosh85 ! Thatโ€™s alway great! I always meant to try the sweet chef line but I forget about it !

@Kim888  The Sweet Chef line is pretty decent- wouldn't say they're anything super spectacular. So far this is my favorite out of the 3 I've tried ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ooooh, happy to see your review of the Goodal ginseng mask @Shosh85 - itโ€™s one of the ones from the line that is among the top of my list for sheet masks to try and I love the results you got from it. The milky serum also doesnโ€™t hurt. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Definitely love that milky serum! I'm excited to try the others I have from the line - so far I haven't been disappointed! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That's the mark of a good sheet mask line @Shosh85 - it's hard to come by a mask collection where you're not disappointed by any of the masks. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on the masks you try from this range. It'll be fun to go through all of them and then to see which ones you like best.

@Shosh85 Both of these look super nice ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  Yup, both are winners for me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That Goodal mask sounds so nice @Shosh85 , love when the star ingredients are so high on the list as well.  I remember the odd ball fit on the Sweet Chef mask.  I picked up a couple of their serums hoping they'd be similar to the masks, and if memory serves I still have the one matching this mask left yet.  Thanks for the heads up to go check!

@missjeanie  I think I remember the Kale one having the worst fit out of the three I've tried. 
I actually forgot I had some of those serums too! Thanks for the reminder! I'll be interested to hear what you think of them. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 @missjeanie I am now reminded that I have foil samples of the serums I still need to use. At this point I wonder if I should just re-home them - I already have serums I enjoy a lot and would repurchase, along with a handful of DS serums I really want to try, and a list of ones I want to try after those. ๐Ÿ˜† 

"Sample September" "Foils in February" " Spring Samples Sprung" @itsfi We need a sample project!

Spoiler
Not on theme but I kept seeing them at Ulta so I went for it. Weekly Reset anytime marks. 

so I will say this is probably one of the best fitting masks Iโ€™ve used. The hydro gel really contoured to my face and it stuck super well - I was able to get up and do stuff with it on. Also, the chin was more roomy than usual for a hydro mask which is always an issue for me. 

however, I didnโ€™t really feel like the results were worth $7. Like it was fine, but Iโ€™ve used more nourishing masks for half the price 

341B3990-B43F-4CA9-9534-59A6999FB3AE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I have been curious about this line but havenโ€™t taken the plunge because the price seems a little hard to justify without knowing the results, @Kim888. Thanks for sharing and helping me to decide! 

Thanks for the honest review!! @Kim888 

I can totally understand what you're saying about the price and not being able to justify that with the results, @Kim888. At least the experience with the fit went well! It's always nice to find a mask that doesn't require to much adjusting. 

@Kim888, always a plus when the fit works out well. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I donโ€™t know why I keep forgetting these are hydrogel masks - ahh, you are on theme - h for hydrogel. Also, an E for Emily Ratajkowski, the face of these masks. 

1 Reply
testing