Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Summer Sunshine -
Ice cream ๐Ÿฆ , sunglasses ๐Ÿ˜Ž , SPF ๐Ÿงด, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  The wipe warmer works great for these! I think it was @heartsmyface that thought of that!

Those masks were so much fun @eshoe!๐Ÿ˜‚

They were, werenโ€™t they @faeriegirl!? The meetups were fun, too๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe @itsfi or you could put it in some hot water for a few minutes

YES! @lmaster Another brilliant tip for these ones, otherwise they are just too startling!

That's my trick in the winter too ๐Ÿฅถ @eshoe 

@eshoe, these are soooo cold!! ๐Ÿฅถ Theyโ€™ll come in handy during the warmer months. Using this one got me thinking whether regular sheet masks that are just โ€œmehโ€ might be repurposed as masks for the tushie! ๐Ÿ˜† There would be the concern whether it would irritate the skin. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Thereโ€™s also the potential issue that thereโ€™s too much serum in the mask and it would drip everywhere, but, and I think I read that it was @Shosh85 who did this, but you could wring out some of the serum before applying it onto your behind. I guess this means I may need to try that out. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ That could be another way to pare down the mask stash. ๐Ÿ˜† Gonna tag @missjeanie for that potential way to repurpose sheet masks that are just meh. 

@itsfi  I did mention that I like to try and squeeze a little serum out of the mask, especially if I already know the mask has a lot of serum - but @lmaster has mentioned doing this too, so I can't take full credit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Got it @Shosh85. Sorry about that @lmaster.

@itsfi @lmaster  We just all have great minds thinking alike!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi no worries love!! It's all our tips ๐Ÿ˜‰ @Shosh85 

@Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™Œ

...and yes, thank you for the โ€˜Iโ€™m going to tackle this maskโ€™ tip, @itsfi๐Ÿ˜‚ @missjeanie please update, because I will do a jumping jack for joy if you are able to get a mask or two out of the way this month๐Ÿ˜‰

Ummm, no pressure @missjeanie but a jumping jack for joy from @eshoe is on the table. Go, go, gooooo!!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Genius @itsfi !!!  I'm in total 'use em up' mode with my sheet masks I have quite a few that I could use this way.  Why didn't I think of this before?  I have a few (maybe 2?) of the Bawdy masks somewhere to use as well.  I'm setting some next to my bed for tonight when I head there!  Wonderful idea!

Hahaha @missjeanie! Youโ€™ve been so disciplined with working through your stash! Been there and it is not always the easiest thing to do. Thought Iโ€™d try to help out where I could. Use those masks anywhere! I once wrapped my feet ๐Ÿฆถ๐Ÿป with โ€œmehโ€ sheet masks - to cool and hydrate the footsies and to knock off 2 masks! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi @eshoe I actually used one of the Bawdy ones last night lol!  It for sure had some glitter in it that may or may not now be on my sheets.  I'm trying to get through the masks for sure.  I can't remember if I did an April empties post or not?  Either way they were about 45 masks from TCS.  This month of miscellaneous has been at a one a day pace, but dang it's so hard to not want to just buy newness everywhere! lol.  I'm trying to get through a lot of the 'meh' masks first so using some up on the rest of my body is a good idea.  I mean, I'm using moisturizer on my neck and decollate so why not a sheet mask too?

Good for you @missjeanie๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ And especially one with glitter๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Every year is different, some are haul heavy and others empties, and while others are...rather quiet ๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—?

Anything good enough for your face can work well enough elsewhere;)

2019 and early 2020 were heavy mask haul times for this gal @eshoe !  I have slipped and ordered a couple this year (okay maybe more than a couple but only two orders!!!!).  I've noticed there are a few people on BIC trying to use up stashes though so it's keeping me motivated!

THE GLITTER!!! lol I almost said forget it then figured hey.... life's just a bit more interesting with some glitter in your bedsheets??? lol

You know, @missjeanie - that time frame was really so much fun for masking. A lot of exploration, blunders, and just plain fun. The bestโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’—

You're absolutely right @eshoe !

testing