Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Fun tie-in for C week @Weetart! ๐Ÿฅฅ Coconut from head to toe! The TCFS lip scrub that @sonnydee mentioned is nice - all the TCFS coconut products Iโ€™ve tried have been good. ColourPop also makes a coconut lip balm and a coconut lip scrub. 

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Thanks for the tips @itsfi !

Voila! @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜

Screenshot_20200716-012620.png

โ€ƒ

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Oh snap! And I love too cool for school!!!! Had no idea they made those ๐Ÿ˜ป@sonnydee

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C for Cranberry, in both the mask & my cranberry limeade from Sonic. So yummy, but addicting! Fit?Extra, not only in the chin area but all up in my hair, I would have to cut the entire mask to make it fit my face but this extra didnt cause the mask to lift up or anything Smell? i think its a mix of both, it's not really either. it's light & pleasant Consistency?thin but not watery, kinda slimey. The mask itself was saturated & I took off the mask after 20 min, my face was soaked. But soaked into my skin without any issues, very little tack. Ease of use?it stayed on but the fit was distracting, I have more so I might use my holder for this. Would I  purchase/try again?I have more- i bought a box.. I like the 2 ingredients & my skin did feel smooth, soft & looked brighter. I think this may have been LE though.๐Ÿค” Overall happy with the mask & results. โคโคโคโคโค I'm not taking away a heart yet for the fit. I hope this one was just a dud & the others in the box will be better.

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Looks like an amazing pair! @sonnydee 

It was a yummy combo @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜œ

It was a yummy combo @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee  This one fit pretty large on me too, but I did really like it! Sounds like it pairs well with that drink! ๐Ÿ˜‹
I always thought the Fusion masks had the best fit from the brand, but now I actually think the character masks do. Out of the 8 fusion masks I've tried, 3 have fit pretty good. Out of the 8 character masks I've tried, (not including Hello Kitty) they all fit pretty well - none of them had that classic Creme Shop humongous fit. I'll be interested if you experience the same!

It makes me want to look back at my notes @Shosh85 I think you are right though. The character masks have the best fit. The kitty

grapefruit was almost perfect.

@sonnydee nice! I bet that one smelled really good!

it did smell good! @Kim888

it did smell good! @Kim888

Yay for pairing with a yummy snack @sonnydee!

thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortE...

thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortErica I have chia might have to sprinkle that on some banana๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

Re: thank you for reminding me of yummy snacks to add @ShortE...

So much healthier than how I used banana yesterday @sonnydee Peanut Butter Banana Brownies - no wonder quarantine hasn't been good to the waistline!

Love the cranberry pairing @sonnydee! โ™ฅ๏ธ I really need to try this mask. Iโ€™ve set one aside only to forget about it or be distracted by something else. Interesting about the fit. Iโ€™ll keep the in mind when I reach for this one.

Found it again & others during my reorganizing @itsfi i would be very interested to see if the fit was different for you. This mask was the distraction for me ๐Ÿ˜€this time. My plan was for chia but teeni wanted mozzarella sticks so this was the winner 

๐Ÿ˜‚ hahaha, oh the benefits of reorganizing @sonnydee. Iโ€™ve had the chia mask set aside too, that one since last year - my skin likes that one. Oooh, mozzarella sticks. ๐Ÿ˜‹ I havenโ€™t had those in ages; good call by teeni! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The nearest Sonic is about an hour away, on the way to wine country. ๐Ÿท Iโ€™ll let you know how the masks fit. 

Hmmm @sonnydee that makes me curious how much masks within a multipack differ. There are so few masks that are used more than 2-3 times for me. I wonder how similar our experiences are๐Ÿค”

@eshoe @I'm hoping because I've tried other fusion masks & didn't have this issue- just a overall large mask. I plan to use the charcoal/ almond sometime this week so we shall see....๏ฟฝ

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Yum!!! @sonnydee ! Perfect combo

Thanks @Weetart @ShortErica made me think of it & then teeni wanted some mozzarella sticks so plans for the night mask changed from chia to cranberry in honor of my slushie

1 Reply
testing