Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

ULTA: 21 Days (of Beauty) Sale Event Thread

As many know, ULTA hosts multiple 21 day sales events per year where select items are on flash-sale for 24 hours at (usually) 50% off. This sales event goes on for 21 days (3 weeks) and each day new sales items are up for grabs. Personally, as a savvy shopper this is one of the events I watch closely for and like to plan ahead for since many times there are some truly best selling products offered up for 50% off.

ulta-21-days-of-beauty-2020.jpeg

This can be a great time of year to look out for those sought after products at a huge discount, introduce yourself to new products that you don't want to pay full price for (because now you don't have to) and stock up on some old time favorites. I have yet to see a thread made for this particular event and I thought it would be nice to have one dedicated solely to beauty that is the 21 days of beauty sale event. This is the place to discuss what you're looking forward to stocking up on, what you will be skipping and what you're going to take the plunge and finally buy this sales event! 

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 9.03.08 PM.png

Current Beauty 21 Day Beauty Sale: Summer 2022 Sales Event 

Event Dates: 08/28/22-09/17/22

(Full Spread of Sales Products Can Be Found at: Ulta Dot Com Slash 21Days)

Week 1 Spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG-0868.jpgIMG-0869.jpgIMG-0870.jpgIMG-0871.jpgIMG-0873.jpgIMG-0874.jpgIMG-0875.jpg

Week 2 Spoiler:

Spoiler
IMG-0876.jpgIMG-0877.jpgIMG-0878.jpgIMG-0879.jpgIMG-0880.jpgIMG-0881.jpgIMG-0882.jpg

Week 3 Spoiler:

Spoiler
IMG-0883.jpgIMG-0884.jpgIMG-0885.jpgIMG-0886.jpgIMG-0887.jpgIMG-0888.jpgIMG-0889.jpg

Re: ULTA: 21 Days (of Beauty) Sale Event Thread

Event: Love Your Skin Winter 2022

Day 16: Monday, January 17th

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 1.10.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-17 at 1.10.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-17 at 1.11.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-17 at 1.11.14 AM.png

The Daily Recap (and some very blunt and unsolicited opinions)

Day 16: Monday, January 17th

istockphoto-1161123969-612x612.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Capsules Line Erasing Night Serum-$25.50-53.50   (Original Price: $51-107)
I haven't tried these myself (or any of the products available on this sale) but this one seemed to be the winner based on volume of reviews and the overall average of those reviews given. People seem to like this serum and I love me some retinol, so I'm sure a lot of people get great use out of this product considering it's sold out in ALL sizes-due to this, it's been crowned today's winner.

*Honorable Mention: Kiehl's Since 1851 The Ultimate Kiehl's Kit-$27.50  (Original Price: $55)
This doesn't have many reviews due to it being a limited edition set however, this has some very tried/true products in it that have been around for decades. I checked out the price point and it's definitely worth the discounted price tag to get 3 very solid products from the Kiehl's line.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
DERMAFLASH DERMAPORE Ultrasonic Pore Extractor & Serum Infuser-$49.50  (Original Price: $99)
I truly just don't understand what a "serum infuser" is supposed to do or who even uses this product (this is one gadget I have heard nothing about, not a thing). It's still in stock in all of it's colors and it seems like many consumers aren't splurging for this despite it's great price. Honestly, I love a great gadget and just bought the blue light pen from this sale... this tool is a bit perplexing.
200 (10).gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I ended up purchasing the The Ultimate Kiehl's Kit, but not for myself. My aunt is a huge fan of the night serum and enjoys the face cream in this as well so I decided to purchase it for her as an upcoming birthday gift. Personally haven't tried much from Kiehl's but I know my mom and aunts love this brand.
giphy (14).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
I think this was a very "okay" type of day, there were some hits like the Kiehl's kit and the Elizabeth Arden Retinol Capsules but I think the other two products offered were either completely confusing or a very new brand that doesn't have a solid reputation to back up the choice of it being a "beauty steal". Definitely not the best day and most certainly not the worst.

Day 15: Sunday, January 16th

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.16.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.16.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.16.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.17.06 AM.png

Day 15: Sunday, January 16th

aa3f674b17bcf262e5f07c8b7393cd91.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum-$25  (Original Price: $50)
This serum has over 17,000+ reviews that averages out at 4.5 stars, which is not too shabby. I really think this is one of those "classic" products that has been used/is used by multiple generations throughout different periods of time. Maybe I think that's the case just because my aunt used this back in the early 2000s (I believe) and still uses it until this day. Either way, I have to give the crown to this item.

*Honorable Mention: OSEA Undaria Algae Body Oil-$24  (Original Price: $48)
I don't think it would be right not to mention this product, since it sold out quite early today and because it also caught my attention early on in the sale. Clearly this one was a hit with all the beauties out there, well done ULTA.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

TAN-LUXE The Face Illuminating Self-Tan Drops-$24.50  (Original Price: $49)
This product seems like a newer brand that arrived on the site, which is not a bad thing. However this product has under 200 reviews that average out at 4.2 (not terrible) but in comparison to the other items available today it simply doesn't "measure up". I personally don't think many people purchased this product in comparison to the others available.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Today was honestly a really busy day filled with some errands and also some social plans so I honestly was not very "on top" of today's sale day. However, I was heavily eyeing that OSEA Body Oil but I simply didn't have the time to log on early enough because when I finally got the chance to even glance at the ULTA app, it was already sold out. I'm honestly not mad about it, I'm on a low buy and I mentioned before I have plenty of oils to go through.
i-dont-have-time-running-out-of-time.gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This was another very good line-up from the 21 days sale, which I love to see. There was only one product that I thought was an after thought and it seemed to be more popular than the other after thoughts we have seen throughout the sale. The other three products were all excellent and definitely worth a splurge. 
200 (9).gif

Day 14: Saturday, January 15th

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 12.09.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-15 at 12.10.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-15 at 12.10.21 AM.png

Day 14: Saturday, January 15th

fomo-fear-missing-out-concept_23-2148662721.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

Patchology FlashPatch Restoring Night Eye Gels-$30  (Original Price: $60)
These patches are something I was eyeing during the sale and they are already SOLD OUT (and were by 11am EST). What a bummer. It's safe to say that this is the top deal of the day, unfortunately it's exclusive to online only and many of us (myself included) missed out on this steal. Congrats to the beauties that got it in time 🙂
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.32.24 PM.png

*Honorable Mention: Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream-$32  (Original Price: $64)
This product also was sold out fairly quickly and it's definitely a coveted item which makes it selling out not so surprising. Some great choices on the sale today but it's clear by the volume of sales, that these two products were the shining stars of the line-up.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel-$24  (Original Price: $48)
It was very hard to pick a loser today, not going to lie... however, I decided to choose this simply based off the fact I think this will sell the least number of units during the day. It's by no means a bad product and it's definitely a fantastic deal for those that use this product.
giphy (10).gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I really wanted to buy the Patchology Night Eye Gels (not going to lie) but I fell asleep pretty much immediately after posting my Day 14 post in this thread. When I woke up and when it dawned on me that I forgot to snag them (at around 11am) the eye gels were fully sold out. The night gels were the ones I was particularly excited about and they had retinol in them, I'm still currently debating on if I'll use my $20 gift card on the day gels or keep it for something else in the sale. We shall see.
giphy (11).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This was another very fantastic sales day from ULTA, all items available are heavily reviews and quite popular. All of them have over 500+ reviews and an average rating of 4.5+ stars. The Shiseido eye cream is also cold out and very coveted item in the beauty sphere. The Philosophy SPF moisturizer is also something I have heard great things about and even the PTR Firming Peeling Gel which was the "Flop Deal of the Day" is a very very great product. There truly were no real losers today. These were clearly well thought through items by the ULTA team. Excellent choices, but a huge bummer that the night gels and eye cream sold out quickly. However, I guess that is a testament to how good this day was and the fact that it was the "top deal of the day". 
giphy (12).gif

Day 13: Friday, January 14th

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.03.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.03.39 AM.png

Day 13: Friday, January 14th

young-woman-with-paper-bags-shopping-concept-of-online-and-offline-shopping-illustration-in-flat-style-vector.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Foreo Espada Acne Clearing Blue Light Pen-$74.50  (Original Price: $149)
This is the deal where you get the biggest discount and is a very interesting product. Many people (including myself, right now) struggle with acne of some sort or another. I've been very interested in products similar to this that target my main skin concerns, a great price for the deal.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Murad Acne Controlling Clarifying Cleanser-$16.50  (Original Price: $32)
This is a good cleanser, I actually own it (and quite a few back-ups). But I'm looking for a replacement because I honestly just don't feel like it does what I need anymore. I don't know if my skin has changed but I feel most of my acne fighting effects from other skin-care products opposed to this.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I ended up snagging the Foreo Espada Blue Light Pen with some of my ULTA points along with a few other items that aren't on the 21 day sale. It honestly felt great to have my points go a lot further than they would if this device was not features as a beauty steal. 

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This was probably the best day of the sale, even the flop of the day is a very solid cleanser (that I use). The Lancome eye makeup remover is a very popular product and the teami mask looked very fun and I was honestly tempted to tack it on to my cart with my points haul but I have so many masks I decided against it.
200 (8).gif

Day 12: Thursday, January 13th

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.57.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.57.49 AM.png

Day 12: Thursday, January 13th

istockphoto-1209066507-612x612.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil-$12.50  (Original Price: $25)
I've heard amazing things about this product over the years and instantly when the sale line-up came out this was one of the items I really wanted to grab during this sale event. This is an extremely popular item so I think many people got great use of this deal. And, it sold out quite quickly so I think that's a fair assumption
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 9.58.01 PM.png

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

Murad Perfecting Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 / PA +++-$29.50  (Original Price: $59)
Honestly today was a great sales event day and picking the flop was a really hard choice. I narrowed it down by thinking of which item would be least likely to sell out or be purchased during this event. This was the one. Also, the item I was least excited about today. Not a bad product whatsoever, but unfortunately that's how the cookie crumbles.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I'm extremely proud of myself, despite really wanting the L'Occitane Shower Oil I knew that the wise choice would be to skip it due to how many oil products I already have that desperately need me to finish them. It was very, very tempting but nonetheless, hopefully I can get to try it out some other time when my collection of shower oils dwindles down a bit. I'm really trying to curb feeling "handcuffed" to the idea of needing to buy something just because I want to try it and it's on sale. Not everything warrants a purchase and I'm honestly vey glad this sold out long before midnight because it alleviated my temptation for the rest of the day. 
200w.gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
The sales event is really taking a turn for the better, this day was actually quite good. The top deal of the day was great (the L'Occitane Almond Oil) and ended up selling out. Furthermore, the Mario Badescu Vit C is a highly praised product that I think many people purchased during this event. I also eyed the Boscia cleansers a bit, I heard great things about them a few years back but I'm trying to get through some back stock of my own cleansers currently. Even the flop of the day (Murad Perfecting Day Cream) was not a bad product whatsoever and it got it's dishonorable mention practically based on default. Overall, this was a great sales day.
CookedIlliterateIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

Day 11: Wednesday, January 12th

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.29.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.29.49 AM.png

Day 11: Wednesday, January 12th

positive-girl-her-life-memories-isolated-flat-illustration_74855-11015.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil-$24.50  (Original Price: $49)
This is a coveted item that many people (including myself) love. A tried/true amazing product that I think deserves to truly be called a beauty steal. If you like it as much as I do, pick yours up 🙂
dispensing_beard_oil_large.gif

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

BAD HABIT Just Try Me 4 Skincare Essentials Kit-$14.50  (Original Price: $29)

This is a "first time steal" and I can see why... this brand has very little (if any) reviews and the reviews that do exist seem to be very overall "meh". I think that this was the standout subpar product in this line-up.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Although I love, use and am all out of the Josie Maran argan oil, I decided to skip on it. Today I went to the spa and really was feeling in a good mindset about my no buy. It was slightly tempting to buy one for half the price, but I already have at least two opened argan oils from other brands and a ton of other oils both open and not. It just does not make sense for me to repurchase this item at this time and I'm trying to be better with my purchases. I was proud of myself for thinking out my "most tempting" purchase and therefore, did not even consider purchasing the others. It's getting to be about-that-time of the sale where I'm pretty certain on what things I have been eyeing (since the beginning) and what items I'm just getting enticed to buy because of some weird FOMO of the "deal" (this Josie Maran deal is a perfect example). I don't need any more oil (I need less right now) but I want it right now because it's half off for only a day. I didn't even notice this product when the line-up first dropped which shows me there's a reason I was not instantly drawn to this... because I don't need it and don't even really want it all that much either (due to my abundance of oils). 
giphy (9).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This day was honestly a great line-up with the Josie Maran oil, the purity cleansers (have heard decent reviews) and the coverFx drops (also have heard decent reviews). The flop deal was truly the only real flop here. I'd say it was a very solid line-up especially and specifically in comparison to the last few highly disappointing days in a row. 

Day 10: Tuesday, January 11th

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.06.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.06.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.06.39 AM.png

Day 10: Tuesday, January 11th

istockphoto-1270011664-612x612.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish-$36  (Original Price: $72)
This is the deal I think most shoppers alike will purchase and enjoy the most. Admittedly, it's also the only product that caught my attention and made me do a double take during today's sale. Great price for a very expensive product.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
SAND & SKY Travel Size Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask $12.50  (Original Price: $25)
This item doesn't have the best reviews and it also have a low number of reviwers (~50 total) I have not heard much about this product but the pink jar and font on it does look familiar. This might very so be a great mask and if that's so, by all means go get your pink clay mud mask but I believe this will be the lowest selling item at the sale today overall.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I'm skipping this day completely. I really want to enjoy the products I have so I did a skin targeted spa day today and I'm trying to enjoy living life with my loved ones and pups. I'll likely still buy a couple items in the future during this 21 sale event (definitely) but this day is not inspiring me to shop at all. It's me time today.
giphy (8).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
Any day that only has 3 items on sale during the 21 day event is a bummer to me and simply feels incomplete. Plus, 2 out of the 3 items offered are both from Exuviance which is great and all but let's keep in mind during other days multiple items coming from the same brand were (oftentimes) only considered "1 deal". Looking at it this way, there's only technically two full deals. Not terrible items offered but it's just... slim pickings compared to the other days in a very noticeable way.

Day 9: Monday, January 10th

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 1.00.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 1.00.52 AM.png

Day 9: Monday, January 10th

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 6.48.34 PM.png

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
florence by Mills Swimming Under the Eye Gel Pads-$17  (Original Price: $34) 
These contain 30 pairs of eye patches and for $17 thats almost 2 patches for $1, which is a great price. I've heard of this brand and the little whale design of the eye patches just makes it so cute.  I think this is a great price for trying out a new product and also for those re-stocking on an old fave. This product seems quite popular.
giphy-1.gif

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Fourth Ray Beauty Serums & Boosters: $3.49-8   (Original Price: $6.99-16)
This is a lesser known brand without (m)any product reviews from fellow buyers so those wanting to try out the brand cannot expect to get much constructive feedback on the products thy are looking to purchase (blind buy, anyone?) Furthermore, this is an already affordable brand and I'd love to see a more expensive product be discounted to 50% off instead of some of these serums that are $7-10. This seems like an afterthought and a last minute add-on, kind of disappointing.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I ended up picking up the florence by mills eye pads, I love a good eye mask and these seems like great morning additions so I wanted to give them a go by trying out a pack at a great discounted price. It's the only product from this line-up which genuinely caught my attention and made me actually (want) to buy it.

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This was definitely one of the better days in the last weeks, the eye pads that I actually purchased seem very promising and there were some items like the StriVectin Neck cream and the Dr. Brandt eye cream that I know many consumers enjoy. Other than the already very affordable brand that was discounted I didn't see many misses. Most things were not for me but I really did not think of the line-up as a full miss. Not bad, Ulta.
giphy (7).gif

Day 8: Sunday, January 9th

Sorry for the late post (better late than never, right?), had an event I had to attend last night out-of-state so the last ~1.5 days have been filled with getting ready, long driving times, napping and decompressing.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 5.56.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 5.56.59 PM.png

Day 8: Sunday, January 9th

istockphoto-527046816-612x612.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Sunday Riley Power Couple Mini Kit-$14  (Original Price: $28)
A very well priced product especially if someone already uses these, wants to try out some Sunday Riley products or if they want a travel ready version of the Luna oil and Good Genes. 

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
SeroVital Advanced-$59.50  (Original: $119)
This isn't a bad product but it was the least exciting to me in this line-up, so it has to take this spot. I also felt as if this would be the least likely deal to be purchased during this event day.

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I'm not going to lie, this day was very tempting to me because of the Sunday Riley kit. I already own a LUNA oil and I have a couple of samples (that I've yet to try) of the Good Genes. I've been really liking this brand and it was one I dove into a bit more in late 2021. However, I also have multiple minis of the LUNA from a bunch of Sephora Favorites kits I bought a while back. I thought I had gone through all of them but I just found a half full one in my travel kit and also a full one in another Sephora favorites (along with my 0.5 oz size). This oil takes me forever to get through, although this is a good (great) deal I was really proud of myself for my reasoning behind skipping it. I really am trying to avoid the mistake of owning too much and I am on a low-buy this year after all. Just because it's a great deal does not mean it's supposed to be for me to enjoy. 

The struggle was real to avoid splurging on this great kit, so to distract myself I enjoyed some stuff from my current and had a relaxing spa day for myself after some hectic traveling.

200 (4).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This was a really great sales day. Along with the winner of the day (the Sunday Riley kit) we had the very popular soy fresh cleanser, a highly rated lancome eye cream and a very popular set of vitamins/supplements. I'd say this was definitely the strongest day within the last multiple few days of this sale but I'm glad I skipped it 🙂

200 (5).gif  

Day 7: Saturday, January 8th

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 12.52.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-08 at 12.52.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-08 at 12.52.34 AM.png

Day 7: Saturday, January 8th

091287043a227ccbdb2ebdd983ef1b30.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
IT Cosmetics Confidence In Your Beauty Sleep Night Cream 2.0 oz-$27.50   (Original Price: $55)
Out of this line-up this seems like the most well established and solid pick. I've never tried it but I like their OG Confidence in a Cream, so out of all the items on the sale day I'd probably want this one the most.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
First Aid Beauty KP Smoothing Body Lotion with 10% AHA-$13  (Original Price: $26)
The reviews on this are very "meh" and that's putting it lightly. Not a frequently reviewed or purchased product. This definitely seems like an add-on after thought. 
meh-serious.gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I'm writing my recap early for a reason. For one, I'm truly not inspired by any of these products and I don't need them. The second reason, this day exemplified how much of a shopping problem I have. I literally tried to contemplate buying the Wellness clear skin probiotics... why? I'm writing this so it's in writing bright and early that I'm NOT buying them.

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
Very uninspiring day for what seems like the 3rd or 4th time in a row now? Not a good way to round up the end of week one, that's for sure.
200 (3).gif

Day 6: Friday, January 7th

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.39.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.40.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.40.19 AM.png

Conversation Stats
  • 157 replies
  • 173 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos306
  • ulta-21-days-of-beauty-2020.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.43 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.27 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.39.45 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.41.06 AM.png
  • im-not-buying-it-smh.gif
  • kylie-jenner-reface-kylie-jenner.gif