Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

ULTA: 21 Days (of Beauty) Sale Event Thread

As many know, ULTA hosts multiple 21 day sales events per year where select items are on flash-sale for 24 hours at (usually) 50% off. This sales event goes on for 21 days (3 weeks) and each day new sales items are up for grabs. Personally, as a savvy shopper this is one of the events I watch closely for and like to plan ahead for since many times there are some truly best selling products offered up for 50% off.

ulta-21-days-of-beauty-2020.jpeg

This can be a great time of year to look out for those sought after products at a huge discount, introduce yourself to new products that you don't want to pay full price for (because now you don't have to) and stock up on some old time favorites. I have yet to see a thread made for this particular event and I thought it would be nice to have one dedicated solely to beauty that is the 21 days of beauty sale event. This is the place to discuss what you're looking forward to stocking up on, what you will be skipping and what you're going to take the plunge and finally buy this sales event! 

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 9.03.08 PM.png

Current Beauty 21 Day Beauty Sale: Summer 2022 Sales Event 

Event Dates: 08/28/22-09/17/22

(Full Spread of Sales Products Can Be Found at: Ulta Dot Com Slash 21Days)

Week 1 Spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG-0868.jpgIMG-0869.jpgIMG-0870.jpgIMG-0871.jpgIMG-0873.jpgIMG-0874.jpgIMG-0875.jpg

Week 2 Spoiler:

Spoiler
IMG-0876.jpgIMG-0877.jpgIMG-0878.jpgIMG-0879.jpgIMG-0880.jpgIMG-0881.jpgIMG-0882.jpg

Week 3 Spoiler:

Spoiler
IMG-0883.jpgIMG-0884.jpgIMG-0885.jpgIMG-0886.jpgIMG-0887.jpgIMG-0888.jpgIMG-0889.jpg

Re: ULTA: 21 Days (of Beauty) Sale Event Thread

The Daily Recap (and some very blunt and unsolicited opinions)

Event: Love Your Skin Winter 2022

Day 6: Friday, January 7th

shopaholic-girl-online-shopping-woman-holding-wallet-with-money-cartoon-flat-illustration_80590-10211.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Kinship Mint Mud Deep Pore Detox Mask-$12  (Original Price: $24)
I'm not tempted to buy this, I have an abundance of masks like this but this seems like the winner to me. Out of this line-up I had a rough time figuring out both a winner and loser, so I asked myself "if you HAD TO choose one of these products to receive as a gift, which one would you want to get?" and this was my instant thought. That means it gets the crown, by default... 

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Kinship Self Reflect Probiotic Moisturizing Sunscreen Zinc Oxide SPF 32-$13  (Original Price: $26)
I asked myself the same question, "If you received ALL of these as a gift, which one would you be least excited about?" this was the clear answer. I've already found my holy grail sunscreen so it also lines up why I would never want to reach for this. It's the flop, by default...

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Not a single thing and I stand by my decision, whole-heartedly. 
200 (1).gif

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
This day of beauty steals was overall a huge flop for me. I'm a huge sucker for skin care and I'm a huge sucker for sales, so when not even one item draws any kind of reaction from me that truly means that sale is bad. I have zero FOMO of this day because there's nothing to be MO on 😉
200 (2).gif

Another day means a whole new beauty steals line-up!

Day 5: Thursday, January 6th

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.57.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.57.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.57.28 PM.png

Full Line-Up of the "Up & Coming Brands" Beauty Steals:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 1.22.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-06 at 1.22.57 AM.png

The Daily Recap (and some unsolicited opinions)

woman-with-a-laptop-and-coins-remote-work-or-freelance-concept-earn-money-online-vector.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Fifth & Root Salvath All Over CBD Salve-$24 (Original Price: $48)
This product is already out of stock, although I didn't think it's the most well-known or most reviewed out of this line-up, it was admittedly the only product that really made me want to splurge (and I almost did). It was tempting to put the Keys or GlamGlow on here but I'm going to stay true to myself. This is an interesting product and it's good that ULTA is spotlighting a product with very solid reviews that isn't a cleanser, moisturizer or some kind of serum. I have terrible back pains and was truly eyeing this but ultimately I'm trying to stick strong to my low-buy so I passed. It's still the winner of the day in my book. Shout out to ULTA for giving "different" products a shot on this sale. 
giphy (2).gif

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
The Route The Party Peel Golden Illuminizing Peel-$32.50   (Original Price: $65)
Alright, I'm not going to lie at first this shimmery gold glittery thing caught my attention and I went on a mini-spiral trying to find out more about this product. Which led me to finding a great review video by a youtuber called This Is Real Life With Sheri where she really dissected this product and displayed just what a gimmick it is. It has great reviews in theory but those were all transferred over from their brand website and were not written on ULTA and apparently this product replays on the Home Shopping Network. Pass. Money well saved. Not worth the $65 and not worth the $32.50. 

giphy (3).gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Just like the previous day, I came out of this sales day event intact and with my pockets not drained. Lol. I passed on everything, including that CBD Salve (only a slight bit of FOMO here). I'm glad I was able to stay strong in my low-buy especially today when I seemed to just have that itch to purchase, I probably would have regretted my purchases later. Not worth it.

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
Other than the CBD Salve, I was not interested in a single thing especially after watching the review on "The Party Peel". This sales day had some cult-classics like the Keys moisturizer and the GlamGow mask (which I personally don't use/like but others do) so I really don't want to call this a complete fail. But to refer to it as "good" sales event day would also be a lie. 

Note: Sorry for the belated upload on this day, we lost power due to wind damage at around 11pm my time and it was not restored until post-afternoon today. (Brrrrrr.) On the bright side, I am so happy to have electric blanket ready to roll. 😂

Day 4: Wednesday, January 5th

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.16.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.16.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.17.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.47.42 PM.png

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
The Winner*: bareMinerals SKINLONGEVITY Long Life Serum-$21 (Original Price: $42)
This item was already sold out when I checked on my phone by the afternoon, it's the clear winner here. Out of all the items offered this is the only one that makes me actually want to try it. It's also sold out in the non-discounted size (odd) and it has over 9,000 (whoa) reviews on Ulta that average at 4.5+ stars. Clearly, this is a cult-classic item that many people benefited from having on the 21 days sale.
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.29.56 PM.png

Honorable Mention:
Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel-$19.50 (Original Price: $39)
A cleanser I've heard good reviews about but that I refuse to "buy and try". (Because a cleanser for $40 is a bit much for an item that's main purpose is to get washed down the sink, for me personally) A good price on a solid item, can't complain there.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Grande Cosmetics GrandeREVIVE Brightening Eye Cream with Wrinkle Defense-$19.50 (Original Price: $39)
I didn't even have to think about my pick for the flop here, the clear loser is this. First of all this is a new item from what I can tell so there isn't many fans of it (at least not yet). It has 2 total reviews on the site. Grande Cosmetics is best known for their lash serum (in my opinion). The two reviews are less than stellar. This was clearly an attempt to offload stock. Hard pass.

nope-no-thanks.gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Today was a "skip it" kind of day for me. It wasn't a bad line-up but nothing here is for me. Just because it's a good product and it's on a great sale does not mean it's for me to buy. 

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
Despite not being overly tempted to buy anything, this was an okay sales day. I will note that they are missing another beauty steal (there is usually at least four, instead of three). A less-than-inspiring kind of day but still not the worst.

Event: Love Your Skin Winter 2022

Day 3: January 4th 2022

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.15.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.16.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.16.19 AM.png

hands-smartphone-technology-shopping-clothes-online-hands-smartphone-technology-shopping-clothes-online-vector-147629066.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Origins Ginzing Vitamin C & Niacinamide Eye Cream (Brighten & Depuff)-$17 (Original Price: $34)

I had a sample of this a while ago and loved it. This is a well-rated and frequently reviewed item and the discount makes it a great deal. If someone is looking for an eye-cream or wants to incorporate more vitamin C in their skincare this is a great deal. 

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Juice Beauty STEM Cellular Moisturizers-$35-37.50 (Original Price: $70-75)

I've yet to hear anyone truly and sincerely rave over Juice Beauty. Is it a horrible brand? I don't know I've never tried them but usually a non-specific 21 day sale item is the "add-on after thought". If this is your moisturizer, it's still an amazing deal. But personally, this choice leaves something to be desired especially on a strong(er) line-up of sale items.
oh-my-god-gwyneth-paltrow.gif

What I Ended Up Buying: 

Spoiler
I decided to put my money where my mouth is and buy the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream. Do I need another eye cream? I don't know... but I remember getting a sample of this a while ago and really loving it so I wanted to see if this will be a love I re-discover. I was tempted to buy the Copper eye masks but I have my eyes on other eye masks in the sale line-up. Those Banila cleansers look super interesting too, but not this time. 
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.08.35 PM.png

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler
To wrap, I think this was another very solid 21 Day sale line-up. The Banila cleansers kept catching my eye and I admit, I almost impulse bought them along with my eye cream (tempting, but I'm trying to be good). I have a good stock of my Farmacy cleansers (which I love) so I'm making the right choice by passing on this tempting product. The copper eye masks were also eye-catching and I also wanted to splurge but early on I caught that they have bakuchiol as an ingredient which recently I had a bad experience with (from another brand) so I am staying away from that ingredient for a while. But for other people, these are totally a great snag. 
pretty-solid.gif

Event: Love Your Skin

Day 2: January 3rd, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.30.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.30.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.30.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.30.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.31.16 AM.png

woman-online-shopping-free-vector.jpeg

Top Deal(s) of the Day:

Spoiler
*Diamond/Platinum Exclusive Deal*: Tula Filter Primers-$18-28 (Original Price: $36-56)
Non-Exclusive Deal: ZitSticka KILLA Kit Deep Zit Microdart Patch 4pack-$8 (Original Price: $16)

I had to put two deals up for this day because one deal was exclusive to only diamond and platinum members which I thought would be unfair. I've heard great things about this primer and it's a great price for those that use it. I didn't buy this deal but I can definitely appreciate seeing a product on here that a lot of people would want to purchase. For the non-exclusive deal I chose ZitSticka Microdart patches. I've been using these for about a year now and was happy to see them on this sale because boy are they expensive. This was a definite win in today's line-up.

Honorable Mention: SKYN Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels-$9-16.50 (Original Price: $18-33)

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler

PÜR Moisturizers-$6-19.50 (Original Price: $12-39)

Seriously, who asked for this? This was actually a great sale event day and this product stood out to me as the clear "filler product". This is the product not many consumers are seeking out so it's on sale in order to off load some stock of this product. NEXTTTTT!
ariana-grande-thank-u-next.gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
I splurged a bit during this day because 2 products that I use regularly were featured on the sale lineup: the ZitSticka microdart and the SKYN Iceland Eye Gels (the regulars). I ended up buying... 5 packs of the large SKYN Iceland eye masks (1 in store and 2 orders of 2 online 😁) and 2 packs of the ZitSticka Microdarts. The SKYN Iceland Eye Mask is usually my go-to so I like to be stocked and I'll be giving a couple packs to my mom who also loves these. 
giphy (1).gif

Overall Thoughts: 

Spoiler
This was a really good sale event day and definitely going to be a top contender. All items up for grabs were strong (except for the PUR moisturizers, IMHO) and I spent a pretty penny stocking up on only things I already buy on a regular basis. I'd call that a win.

Event: Love Your Skin Winter 2022

Day 1: Sunday, January 2nd 

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.43 AM.png

*The above shown item is only available online*

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.39.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.41.06 AM.png

cartoon-exhausted-woman-sitting-table-working_74855-6943.jpeg

Top Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Device-$169.50 (Original Price: $339)

A great bang for your buck if you've been looking to try out this device-you really can't beat this price. I've heard some great things about it and I'm tempted to give it a go, but for now I'm going to pass on it.

Flop Deal of the Day:

Spoiler
Kyle Skin Foaming Face Wash-$12 (Original Price: $24)

I have not heard many good things about the Kylie skincare line, although I have never tried it myself and don't feel like I'm very interested in giving it a try. If this is your go-to face wash, definitely the time to stock up.
kylie-jenner-reface-kylie-jenner.gif

What I Ended Up Buying:

Spoiler
Nothing. 
im-not-buying-it-smh.gif

Overall Thoughts: 

Spoiler

This sales event definitely left something to be desired from the opening days product line-up, other than the Top Product of the Day I really don't like the other products offered. The first day of this 21 day sale is a miss for me, hopefully there are better days ahead of us. (Spoiler: there are!)

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 157 replies
  • 173 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos306
  • ulta-21-days-of-beauty-2020.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.43 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.40.27 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.39.45 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.41.06 AM.png
  • im-not-buying-it-smh.gif