Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Night time Moisturizer for Oily Skin

Hi everyone! I have pretty oily skin and need a good recommendation for a nighttime moisturizer, I do like gel moisturizers but I'm also looking for a product that is still hydrating. Please help, Thank you!

Tags:

Re: Night time Moisturizer for Oily Skin

@kevinsb10  A few favorites-

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb (the the Moisturizing Bomb version in the winter)

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream

Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL 

I have had oily skin my whole life (I’m 29 now). I learned in my early twenties that you should still moisturize and hydrate well for oily skin - it will actually make your skin stop producing more oil! Your skin doesn’t need to overcompensate with more oil if it is already hydrated. 
So I was about 23 years old when I started to moisturize with facial oils, but only at night. I started specifically with the Sunday Riley UFO oil and the blue oil they have. Well it took a few months, but my skin FINALLY wasn’t so greasy oily throughout the day! I started to have normal skin and am now starting to hydrate even more during the winter months. 

as of answering your question… I recommend just shopping from the bestsellers list. Pick one that seems most intriguing to you and to your needs. I have never been disappointed from choosing items from there. Personally my fav skin care brands are caudalie, drunk elephant, and dr jart. The dr jart ceramide moisturizer is thick and moisturizing, but not overbearing for oily skin. I am buying the first aid beauty moisturizer tomorrow for Black Friday tho, lots of great reviews for that one.

Hi there, I have the same issue especially when it starts getting cold, these are the best that I've used:

Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL 

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing