Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Mid Day Oiliness

Suggestions on a spray or blotting pads to combat my mid day oiliness? By lunch I can feel my T-Zone is oily! Here’s my current morning routine. The only makeup I use is mascara 
La Roche Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Facial Wash 
Fenty Skin Fat Water Niacinamide Pore-Refining Toner Serum with Barbados Cherry 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oil-Control Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Re: Mid Day Oiliness

@Aries331 I like Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Blotting Papers , they keep my makeup intact when I blot. I would also recommend adding a serum to your routine after toner before moisturizer. The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL has worked well for me. 

@Aries331 I use Target's oil-blotting sheets and love them!

@Aries331 One thing that really helped my oiliness is not using too many "oil-control" products in my routine. Over-using mattifying ingredients can essentially strip your skin of necessary moisture and, in turn, cause it to overproduce oil in an effort to self-regulate. Since you're using a purifying cleanser, pore-refining toner, and an oil-control moisturizer, you may want to consider switching at least one of those to something gentler (not focused on oil control). Or you could try adding a hydrating layer, like a hydrating toner or a serum (hyaluronic acid would be a good ingredient to look for), to see if that can help balance out the oil production. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing