cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2017

2018 Exchange Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/Canadian-Secret-Santa-2018/td-p/4233527

**Sign-ups are closed & participants have been matched!**

Halleloo, everybody!

It's time for another round of Canadian Secret Santa for 2017!

Rules for 2017:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Eligibility: Must have either participated in either the 2015 or 2016 version of this exchange OR, for new participants, have a minimum 600 posts or  *NEW OPTION* 500 hearts.
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Thursday, November 2nd, midnight PST. Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  Deadline Passed.
    Matching day: Friday, November 3rd, so Rouge can take advantage of the 1st holiday sale weekend. Matching complete
    Ship-by date: Monday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2017). Feel free to send sooner than this as well, though!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. We always say it's less (like $35 or so) but we all always spend more, so I'm bumping it up for this round since everyone goes over anyway. This is total-spend, be that a single item or a group of items.

Participants:

• dyslexia
  • NotCrocker
  • ayeshayh
  • MaryK82
  • shopaholic15
  • Hellvetica
  • Seymore3
  • SpaceLlama

canada-christmas1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

I came home from work to find my parcel waiting for me.
The little packages with the stickers are so cute.
IMG_5943.JPG

I am really happy to get In a Firenze and the holiday bite gloss from my wish list.The chocolate was great it is already gone.I have been wanting to try the Cover fx drops for a while and the Sephora sleep mask is one I have used before and liked.All the other samples are a nice touch since I always like trying new products.
IMG_5948.JPG

Thanks so much @ayeshayh,I really liked the gift.

What a lovely box of treats! Those are some serious wrapping skills!

So cute - what a nice surprise to come home to! Those CoverFX drops are a lot of fun to play with!

What a great gift! Enjoy all your new goodies! 🙂

Coming home to a surprise package is the best! Love the wrapping, so luxe and festive 😄 The chocolate would have been the first to be torn into for me too 😛 Enjoy @Seymore3!

@Mcakes  Ha!  Yes, that chocolate would have lasted about 15 seconds after I snapped the photo. 😛

RE: Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

Love it! Those are some nice goodies

HI everyone! I RECEIVED MY BOX TOO! Earlier this week actually but its been a busy one and the site was also being wonky on me on Friday.. 

The box was SO ADORABLE. I couldn't even.  

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

The card is TOO CUTE LOL 

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-5.jpgunnamed-4.jpg

I love masks. I love chocolate. HUDEA BEAUTY GALORE. Those Lashes look so intense I'm excited for when I get to wear them. The lipstick colour is in Spice Girl which is a gorgeous browny pink on me. A great deep wintery colour. And thank you SO much for the BITE set. My lips take a BEATING in the winter and this is PERFECT. All of your selections are spot on. Thank you again ❤️ 

The wrapping paper is so cute! The lipstick paper is also very fitting 😛 Your elf was so thoughtful with everything they picked out. Enjoy!

Your elf did such a great job with the gifts and the packaging! Enjoy!

Yay for another unboxing 😄 The wrapping on the box really is so adorable, your elfkin did an amazing job ❤️ Enjoy all of your new goodies!

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It's the most wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeeeaaarr! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸  

It's time!  the Unboxing has Begun! @Seymore3 wins the On Top of Her Holiday Game award for being first to get her box shipped!

As mentioned earlier this was a great Black Friday surprise to get my Secret Santa box already. It was a looooong workday with lots of people leaving far too many holiday related projects to the last minute and everyone needing something as I was trying to get out the door. All I wanted to do was get gone, as my husband had received the box and let me know it was waiting for me. At long last, I got home and here we go!

Xmas1.jpg

Newspaper! Not even being facetious with that exclamation point, my cats actually love to play with wadded up bit of paper. And newspaper is soft enough I don't worry about them gnawing on it a bit. They moved in right away to inspect, but I couldn't get a non-blurry shot of them batting at their new 'toys'. Little did they know even more cat fun was to come...!

Xmas2.jpg

Under the paper -- a box full of happy! As you can see right there in the lower left, my lovely Santa had thoughtfully included real toys for the cats -- they recognized those wee prey shapes immediately. Adorable little murderers, they are. Zip here is about to chomp one of the little mice. She was very impatient for me to release them from the packaging so she could get to batting them around.

Xmas3.jpg

And for me:  all manner of other treats and pampering goodness! Let's take a closer look at the whole haul!

Xmas4.jpg

Wowza!  Okay, from roughly left to right we have:

- Cat toys

- 2 super adorable frame ornaments (one for each cat!), I'll print out cat pics and put them in for when we do our tree this weekend, yay!  Thank you & perfect timing on these!

- Star box with Glitter and Gold tea from DavidsTea -- my new #1 fave holiday tea! And such a cute box, too. It'll look adorable on the tea shelf.

- Sephora blending sponges set - this set has wee foxes on the packaging but I forgot to put it packaging side up in the pic, oops!  This set is so cute, I'm enamored with foxes so that makes it extra fun! *happy dance*

- Not just one but *two* holiday-themed books from my favourite murder mystery series!  I have not yet read either one, so this is a great treat that will provide so many hours of enjoyment. The series, "Coffeehouse Mysteries" always includes recipes in the theme of the book's story. In this case they have fun holiday cookie recipes -- new things to bake this year, too!

- All manner of goodies from my Santa's home province of New Brunswick! I mentioned in my profile that I love getting postcards and magnets and such from all over the place. My Santa was so thoughtful and sent me some NB awesomeness including (top down-ish) Postcards, a handy 2-year purse-sized calendar/planner, a wall calendar (perfect for by my desk!), and a Fridge magnet (that is already on the fridge 😉 )

- Really pretty card featuring seaglass pieces (I love seaglass but never mentioned it, how did you know??) in the shape of fiddleheads. This card is so pretty and it has me already looking fwd to next spring when those come in season. This is on my fridge now, being held on by the above-mentioned magnet.

- Last but not in the least least:  *three* bath bombs!  two are Lush ones from my wishlist (Christmas Sweater & Nevermind the Ballistics) and one was a new-to-me one called Mermaid's Lagoon (you can tell from the colouring which one it is) by Sweet Soaperie that smells utterly divine!

I am over the moon, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am gonna go draw myself a nice bath, drop in Mermaid's Lagoon, make a mug of tea, and dig into one of these books. It's a total recipe for relaxation right there!

But first: I better go play with the cat before she drives me nuts trying to get to her new toys. 🙂

Xmas5.jpg

Thank you again, @Seymore3!!  From me *and* wee Zip (and Xander, not pictured, who will not sit still for pictures 🙂 ) -- Happy Holidays to you my dear! You have kickstarted my holiday season *right*!

give-back

What a thoughtful box! And your kitties are just too adorable 🙂 🙂 Thanks again for organizing the exchange this year!

Yay! This is the most exciting part! Your kitties are so frickin adorable. Such a well thought out gift too. This thread makes me smile!

Ooh what a fun box! That is awesome the books come with recipes.

The main character owns a coffeeshop, so it's often things she serves in the cafe, or other food that characters in the story make. It's a really cute idea and they're entertaining books, too!

Yay for the first unboxing of this exchange! Aww I absolutely LOVE that the fur babies got a present too 😄 The murder mystery books look so interesting, I've never heard of them before...I must go on a hunt! Beautiful job @Seymore3 ❤️ Enjoy all of your goodies @dyslexia!

The books are fun and she's been publishing them for a while now. I think she's past 15 of them? Author's name is Cleo Coyle & the action often centers around her coffeeshop in NYC. Easy to find in mass paperback form and a fun, light-ish read for on vacation -- or just a mini-vacation in the bath. 😄

What an awesome box, @dyslexia! The tea sounds so yummy and those bath bombs look amazing! @Seymore3, you out together such a nice box. It was so sweet of you to think of the cats 🙂

It was so super sweet of her to include them! I mean, they would have managed to include themselves by 'inspecting' everything anyway, but they seemed to like that there was something in the box for them, not just weird-smelling things that their Mom likes. 😉

@dyslexiaGlad you got it and liked everything,I had lots of fun shopping for it.Happy holidays to you and your kitties too.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos33
  • canada-christmas1
  • tenor
  • Actual footage of me hitting refresh on the Order Status page and seeing it's all still 'In Process'
  • giphy.gif
  • giphy
  • Xmas1.jpg
  • Xmas2.jpg
  • Xmas3.jpg
  • Xmas4.jpg
  • give-back
  • giphy
  • Xmas5.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
  • unnamed-2.jpg
  • unnamed-5.jpg